• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Welp from now until Tuesday we’ve got a winter storm warning, meaning tomorrow I’m gonna tell the wife to take the truck to work and leave early and I’m guessing preschool is cancelled so I’ll have both kids at home while I work…feelin a real case of the fuckits comin on right now…

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'm glad I got my flu shot early this year - it's raging through my city. About half the people I know are down with the flu and hating life right now. I have a mild cough.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I’m thinking of changing my username to Thirsty4Squirt.

What do you guys think?
Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Welp from now until Tuesday we’ve got a winter storm warning, meaning tomorrow I’m gonna tell the wife to take the truck to work and leave early and I’m guessing preschool is cancelled so I’ll have both kids at home while I work…feelin a real case of the fuckits comin on right now…
I think we're neighbors.

Thaedolus

I think we're neighbors.
We didn’t end up getting nearly as much snow overnight as was predicted, so the commute wasn’t a nightmare. I almost didn’t bother with the snow blower but I was in a hurry to get it done so the wife wouldn’t pack it down on the driveway backing out.

Looks like preschool is open today, hallelujah!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
We didn’t end up getting nearly as much snow overnight as was predicted, so the commute wasn’t a nightmare. I almost didn’t bother with the snow blower but I was in a hurry to get it done so the wife wouldn’t pack it down on the driveway backing out.

Looks like preschool is open today, hallelujah!
Our bad weather is yet to come. Hopefully I can break out my snowshoes over the weekend.

Thaedolus

I’ve explained the difference in line items that look similar but aren’t the same to accounting like 5 times now but am getting lit up for a duplicate invoice from October which best I can tell came from accounting not understanding that two business entities are separate and billed separately even if we’re doing the same sort of work for both….

…just fabulous start to the day when I’m also getting “oh shit we didn’t do our required audits yet this year can you handle 4 of them by the 23rd???”

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Man, while I think it a good thing politics are banned, it’s too bad we lost the Twitter thread to the political rage posts because this shit is still comedic gold.
The issue for me is that there really isn't a discussion. It's two sides vomiting anecdotes and insults toward one another. I've never actually seen one of them change an opinion mid-argument. It's just batten down the hatches and shit talk like it's a game of Modern Warfare. If it was at least entertaining to read, that would be a whole other story.

If politics come back, I hope they are in their own section. And there's requirements to even be able to post there. Like sharing your political alignment chart from one of those online tests. Make it visible for everyone to see. Lower threshold for bans on that specific forum. Obv site wide ban criteria still in effect, but make it easy to lose access.

That's a lot of work and probably not worth it as politics right now, just attracts the wrong types. Probably best to wait out past 2024.

Thaedolus

The little one came and crumpled some Graham crackers in my lap while I got my work laptop out of the way just in time and that’s like the least annoying thing someone’s done to me today.

I just got an email asking me where our documentation is for our liability insurance because what they found was expired….when the hell did I become the air traffic control for weird requests that probably need to go to legal? Did I do this to myself because I generally try to be helpful even when someone’s asking me to do something that’s not my job? Will accounting ever figure shit out? Stay tuned!

Thaedolus

lmfao legal still hasn’t responded and the guy is like “hey (me) we really need to get this sorted out asap…”

No bud YOU need to get it sorted out, also don’t ask me what to do when the toilets are clogged or if the roof starts leaking JFC

Thaedolus

I was gonna freak the wife and kids out driving up to the house in the snow but instead of disabling the traction control I hit the steering wheel heater button.

That was a dud of a donut…

Thaedolus

Everything here is coated in a thick sheet of ice. It's vacillating between rain and snow still. I think we're supposed to have about a foot of snow by the weekend.

This tree branch is not normally accessible without a ladder. The weight of the ice is making all the trees just a little shorter.

62Zym5j.jpg
Many a power line have fallen to such a situation...luckily ours are all underground. After I get off this call I'm gonna bust out the snow blower and hope most of the snow is done so I don't have to go out twice. Most the neighbors seem to have the fuckits like I do right now tbh hah

Thaedolus

Boiler has packed up. We're fully covered for every eventuality but the engineer is taking his time. Seven days at -4°C and it's going to get colder! Thank fuck this is a new build with decent insulation.
I keep having to relight the pilot for our water heater for some reason. 29F/-2C here, still hasn’t stopped snowing and it’s so cold that it’s all sticking I’m gonna have to go out for round two clearing the driveway and sidewalks. I can’t remember it ever snowing this consistently all day, plows barely keeping up with it.

But as long as we have gas and power I can light our fireplace or run some games on max settings and let the 4080 warm the house.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I keep having to relight the pilot for our water heater for some reason. 29F/-2C here, still hasn’t stopped snowing and it’s so cold that it’s all sticking I’m gonna have to go out for round two clearing the driveway and sidewalks. I can’t remember it ever snowing this consistently all day, plows barely keeping up with it.

But as long as we have gas and power I can light our fireplace or run some games on max settings and let the 4080 warm the house.
I miss having a 60 inch plasma, that TV would heat the lounge lol.

nush

Gold Member
14c - 11c for me today with rain. It's not cold by most standards but these aprtments were not built with heating as it's so rarely needed. You sure feel it when they are impossible to heat up.

Thaedolus

It *still* hasn’t stopped snowing, I really can’t think of another time it’s just kept coming down like this and when it’s been so cold where it all sticks. But the intermountain west in the US has had such an insane drought for so long I can’t complain. It’s just rather treacherous getting up and down the road to our house when even with 4WD it feels like you’re about to slide off into a tree.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
IT: hey are you still good with us cutting off your email forwarding at the end of the year?

Me: bro you cut that off in June without warning even though you said it would go to the end of the year

IT: ...so yes?
Totally me
Also me: You'd need to submit another ticket to request to have a new forwarding rule enabled

Thaedolus

Got even more snow overnight, I’m guessing it’s well over a foot here and my parents down in the valley got just as much. Thankfully they’ve got nice neighbors that know my dad is undergoing cancer treatment and clear it for them.

Think I’ll clean up the driveway and sidewalks again and head into the office, then take the kiddos sledding after nap time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom