• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered |OT| Once More Through Tallon IV

Porcile

Metroid Prime on GC already was pretty close to a 360 and PS3 game especially in HD in Dolphin. Hard to improve on near perfection.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Am I missing something? Hasn't it been fully remastered? Why are folk reacting like it's just a simple port?

I think people have forgotten how old Metroid Prime actually looks when played on a Gamecube, and how little the Switch can actually output.

Won't defend the price, but it does look crunchy.

VN1X

Banned
It seems definitely the textures and lighting are upgraded, and I'm fairly certain the geometry has as well. ❤️

Time to dust off the ol' Switch again!

10AKMr2.jpg
I have this exact figure on my desk! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

cu6gtln.jpg

UnNamed

Banned
Looks definitely better than the GC version, and whoever say otherwise should buy a pair of glasses.

But 40$? Not that better.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Interesting. I had heard that Nintendo had developed a Prime Trilogy compilation but put it on ice when Prime 4 was rebooted. This remaster seems a lot more ambitious than straight ports, but of course it's two games lighter...

jaysius

Banned
Calm down or you will be removed.
You are an absolute joke.
We deserved a REMAKE for $50 CND. This is stupid as fuck.

It's 2023, we could have had BETTER AI, a GOOD FOV, just better everything. Making the game more like a modern game.

Taking this and thinking it's great, you're a joke.

This is why Nintendo gets away with this bullshit, because it's fanbois are so rabbid and loyal.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
$40, LOL.

The same people who dragged The Last of Us Part I are going to masturbate to this.
Yet you masturbated to The Last of Us and are dissing this for... launching for almost 50% less? Lol.

You're very much blind if you think this is just the same game in higher resolution, lol. Just stop talking so you don't embarass yourself further. You just jumped in to trash talk because you're bitter about your sony box and just spew ignorant shit.

This is a proper remaster, not like some other games just render in higher res and call it a day or call new textures and some models here and there a full on remake.

You too jaysius, even if you mostly avoid saying what you actually do know is bullshit so you just react in agreement with such fools and disagreement with the rest, lol.

I don't even have a Switch, you guys are being stupid.

Last edited:

Alexios

Only thing I'm disappointed in is they didn't make the beam blasts light up. Clearly they have dynamic lighting there with those enemies that are glowing and illuminate dark halls and corridors but they don't apply that to your shots or muzzle flash.

However, maybe that would be too distracting or completely change the dark mood they wanted for those areas because you don't have to worry about ammo in these games so you'd just light up the whole area by your shooting? I don't know 🤷‍♂️

Oh, also, the first organic sandy areas could have a bit more extensive overhaul in some of the assets, the first big tree looked pretty chunky still and the camera zoomed right in on that, when in other areas they've made other stuff much smoother...

Last edited:

conpfreak

I'm incredibly impressed with how this looks docked. A very clean image quality, much improved lighting, and geometry seems to be touched up too.

Sygma

Man does it look like utter trash docked even on a 1440p screen with Mclassic on

However, it looks ridiculous in portable mode (got the Oled switch) and they really added so much so far graphically, genuinely impressed. Done with Chozo Ruins, nothing disappointing. Keep in mind last run I did was a Gamecube one, haven't played the Wii version so I don't know how it compares but in the intro alone theres a lot that changed visually

Also, bummed at the Gyro which just isn't practical at all, some serious latency in there which is a shame tbh

Elysion

Banned
The graphics look really nice; seems to be more than just a port. But still, I remember paying 60 bucks for the whole trilogy on Wii back in the day, and now they want 40 for just the first game?

Last edited:

shiru

Banned
Only thing I'm disappointed in is they didn't make the beam blasts light up. Clearly they have dynamic lighting there with those enemies that are glowing and illuminate dark halls and corridors but they don't apply that to your shots or muzzle flash.

However, maybe that would be too distracting or completely change the dark mood they wanted for those areas because you don't have to worry about ammo in these games so you'd just light up the whole area by your shooting? I don't know 🤷‍♂️

Oh, also, the first organic sandy areas could have a bit more extensive overhaul in some of the assets, the first big tree looked pretty chunky still and the camera zoomed right in on that, when in other areas they've made other stuff much smoother...
Yeah, I noticed some visual incosistencies like that too. Some parts didn't get as much as attention as others it seems. Still looks gorgeous overall.

Last edited:

Power Pro

God I’m gonna fuckin buy it…and fuck you Nintendo not also putting Echoes up, the legit best game of the trilogy….
Gotta drip feed to those thirsty fans...and then in another year or so, they can ask for another $40 for the next one

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The graphics look really nice; seems to be more than just a port. But still, I remember paying 60 bucks for the whole trilogy on Wii back in the day, and now they want 40 for just the first game?
Ass controls too

TLZ

Banned
They gave us 3 3D Mario games in one. They're giving us both Baten Kaitos games in one. But only giving us one Prime game and not the trilogy.

I swear I don't get you Nintendo sometimes.

Dr_Ifto

Yeah, seems a bit high, considering But its been a while and inflation hitting a bit, its about on track.

Alexios

They gave us 3 3D Mario games in one. They're giving us both Baten Kaitos games in one. But only giving us one Prime game and not the trilogy.

I swear I don't get you Nintendo sometimes.
Not nearly as much work done on the 3D Mario collection. Those were just upressed ports for the most part. Idk about BK yet but obviously they don't have Metroid potential/prestige (even if they should) so they sweeten the deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom