• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle Rodriguez talks about GameCube

lexy

lockii said:
I guess nobody's gonna call on the irony of her criticizing on the GC in a manner befitting that of a 12-year-old in the schoolyard.

Let it go dude. You might have some difficulty coming to terms with this but not everyone is going to like the same thing. You can't force something on someone even if they don't have a good reason for not liking it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
hehehe teh funny.....

goes back to playing mp2 because halo 2 sucks, I finished mgs3 and im stuck in HL2.

Mp2 >>>>entire xbox library

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Naked Shuriken said:
I cant believe some of the replies from junior members and regular posters. Is this some sort of comedy thread? The venom being spitted here is insane.

If she was some random female under a japanese sounding login name, and she had posted that opinion here, all you fruitcakes would be praising her, all trying to outclass each other with witty remarks and lamo humor in a sad pathetic race to get her msn number in a desperate attempt a glimpse of her attention. I bet some of you fapped when she mentionned that she liked Virtua Fighter, yet you think youre manly enough to make fun of some chick.. on a message board

ADMIT IT
He's...he's right!

Everyone, we need to leave now. Naked Shuriken is better than all of us.

MR: It's not GameCube, that's for sure... that machine's for kids. The games are juvenile. Resident Evil 4 is the only thing the system's got going on. My favorite console has to be the Xbox. Are the games hot? Most, no... but they're getting there. The PlayStation 2 wasn't able to monopolize the market completely, and Microsoft's taking advantage of that. I like the PlayStation 2 for its games, but the Xbox I adore for its technical capabilities. And the titles available for it will only get better.

wow, michelle sure sounds like a videogamer dork.

ge-man

lockii said:
I guess nobody's gonna call on the irony of her criticizing the GC in a manner befitting that of a 12-year-old in the schoolyard.

I don't see what's wrong with what she said. It's more civil than some of the shit that flies on these boards.

As much as am fan of the system and the company, Nintendo has failed to make the system appeal to an older crowd. Whether or not it's their fault, the system is seeing support slowly vanish while Nintendo still heavily supports the system with the usually suspects. No one should be shocked when a Michelle Rodriguez says the GC is for kids or the Washington Post presumes that the system is virtually obselete.

shuri

Banned
olimario said:
I don't care what console she hates, I care about her closed-minded jab at developers.

Like someone said, give it up. You dont work for them. She probably got closer to the industry that you will ever be. Her opinion didnt sound anything different than whats being posted on this same forum every day. I dont know whats so upsetting about her opinion.

If reading 'OMG NINTENDO IS TEH KIDDAAAAY!!" still pisses you off that much; close IE, disconnect from the internet, shutdown the pc, and go play outside

Speevy

Banned
I think the balance of power shift came as the result of someone's run-in with Mr. Slave.

sundance01.gif

Lakitu

st5fu
I totally disagree about the stories of many games being cliche, a lot of them may contain cliche elements but they're far fart better than the crap we see in Hollywood.

I don't wanna see Paul WS. Anderson write his version of Halo please, leave that to Hollywood and shitty game to film adaptations.

I'm a big Nintendo fan and even I find a majority of posts in this thread sad and pathetic. I guess women aren't entitled to their opinions yet? And to those who used the "C" word, it's not very classy (although it can be funny when in reference to a dude).

Floyd

Don't take it personally. Every ambitious person has an angle. A way to act and come across to get noticed. This is hers. And its true being diplomatic does make for boring interviews.

You can tell shes doing a job. I mean its an insult to take her literally. Nobody in this world actually thinks every single game on Cube is for kids apart from 1.

Seriously though, take a look at the guys who make these games... most are computer, techie types. They're almost all boys that spend all day sitting in front of the PC. And they never get laid... these cats are deprived. It's visible in the stories you seen in most games. And women aren't interested in that.

Wtf? Is she talking about the majority of the Gaming Forum posters here? Sounds like it... :lol :lol :lol

cja

The angle of every poster in this thread is predictable. I'm not going to break the streak.

Nintendo should use the "for kids" quote in print ads for GC, even RE4, alongside Rodriguez's name mentioning Sony and Microsoft pay her money. It'd hopefully make consumers wonder who and what really is "mature" far more than the rather unhinged "who are you?" campaign has.

Prince

Floyd said:
Don't take it personally. Every ambitious person has an angle. A way to act and come across to get noticed. This is hers. And its true being diplomatic does make for boring interviews.

You can tell shes doing a job. I mean its an insult to take her literally. Nobody in this world actually thinks every single game on Cube is for kids apart from 1.

i don't really think she made this comments to land her a new role or become more famous (otherwise she would praise the biggest seller PS2 more :lol ) come on she's just giving her opinion, how stupid it may be it's still her opinion.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So, why does anyone care what some actress says in an interview? She doesn't like very many GC games -- I can live with that, and I'm a somewhat rabid Nintendo zealot. We all know that Nintendo doesn't name the brand "status" that it used to have, even if many of us think it's because the majority of the gaming public are <insert your favorite deragatory word here>. While I disagree with Miss Rodriguez, I really don't feel inspired to launch inflammatory tirades against her acting abilities or physical features.

FoneBone

DavidDayton said:
So, why does anyone care what some actress says in an interview? She doesn't like very many GC games -- I can live with that, and I'm a somewhat rabid Nintendo zealot. We all know that Nintendo doesn't name the brand "status" that it used to have, even if many of us think it's because the majority of the gaming public are <insert your favorite deragatory word here>. While I disagree with Miss Rodriguez, I really don't feel inspired to launch inflammatory tirades against her acting abilities or physical features.
IAWTP

Floyd

Prince said:
i don't really think she made this comments to land her a new role or become more famous (otherwise she would praise the biggest seller PS2 more :lol.

Why would her act need to praise the PS2? Her act is to do with her laid back i don't give a fuck attitude. Praising PS2 wouldn't gel with that, its irrelevant.

She probably does think Cube is for kids more than anything but shes being too extreme to know shes not entirely serious. And the extremity of it is what people shouldn't take so personally.

Naked Shuriken said:
I cant believe some of the replies from junior members and regular posters. Is this some sort of comedy thread? The venom being spitted here is insane.

If she was some random female under a japanese sounding login name, and she had posted that opinion here, all you fruitcakes would be praising her, all trying to outclass each other with witty remarks and lamo humor in a sad pathetic race to get her msn number in a desperate attempt a glimpse of her attention. I bet some of you fapped when she mentionned that she liked Virtua Fighter, yet you think youre manly enough to make fun of some chick.. on a message board

ADMIT IT

FUCK no, this is gaming-age, if this was the case, I wouldn't bother coming back here.

I can understand the light-heartedness in her answers, but she said that game developers/writers are all untalented and never get laid and thinks that a "female" writter (ie her) would do a much better job.

All I hear is the little cries of attention of an untalented 12 year old actress no one cares about. I mean, I didn't know who she was before this thread and now I know, thanks to her "shocking" comments she garnered attention on this board.

"They should get laid more"

Hey princess, maybe it's cause 'getting laid' for guys in general isn't as easy as spreading your legs. You know, the way you got those parts in movies.

Amir0x

Banned
Lakitu said:
I totally disagree about the stories of many games being cliche, a lot of them may contain cliche elements but they're far fart better than the crap we see in Hollywood.

I don't wanna see Paul WS. Anderson write his version of Halo please, leave that to Hollywood and shitty game to film adaptations.

You have got to be kidding me.

Games can't even breathe in the general direction of film stories yet.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
My brother is writing her a letter. In it he willl implore her to reconsider her attitudes towards GameCube. He will make it perfectly clear that such vitriol is hurtful to the millions of young men and women who make Nintendo GameCube a part of their daily lives. GameCube people derserve respect for the choices they make in videogames.

I'll keep you guys informed of what comes out of it.

This thread is so fucking pathetic. Honestly. When former secretary of health Tommy Thompson made a comment that POTENTIALLY DANGERED AMERICA, its corresponding thread only had like 15 posts. Now when a B-list celebrity takes a jab at the Gamecube we have a 4-page thread!?

retards.jpg

Gahiggidy said:
My brother is writing her a letter. In it he willl implore her to reconsider her attitudes towards GameCube. He will make it perfectly clear that such vitriol is hurtful to the millions of young men and women who make Nintendo GameCube a part of their daily lives. GameCube people derserve respect for the choices they make in videogames.

I'll keep you guys informed of what comes out of it.
trailer.jpg

"Oh my god"
"WHAT?"
"I'm gonna have a BF!!"
"What's a BF"
"BITCH FIT! LOOK HERE MISTER. I"M GONNA MAKE A CALL. I'M GONNA RUIN YOUR NAME... NO... I'M GONNA WRITE A LETTER"
"SHE'S GONNA DO IT!"
"'M GONNA WRITE YOUR SUPERVISOR. I'M GONNA WRITE YOUR CEO. YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE MISTER. I'LL POINT AND LAUGH AT YOU IN THE HOMELESS LINE"

LOL at the Nintendo fans demeaning her. She has a strong opinion and it is not yours. In fact she is sort of correct on developers, because of the way many of them portray women in games. She's rather mad at many developers who do that. Look at Leisure Suit Larry or the plethora of games that do demeaning things to women. That's a very true statement in many senses. Females prefer heroine roles, like in Tomb Raider or Final Fantasy X-2. However, developers for the vast majority are males. Most videogame offices have only one bathroom. Females make up single-digit percentages of behind-the-scene gamemakers, so their influences over game design is small. She voices her frustration with that.

On the Nintendo-dismissing thing, she voices the same opinion most of GAME-DOM has. I do not know why you all are bagging on her for voicing how many gamers, hardcore or not, feel. Yuji Naka says the same things. You do not discredit him, yet his saying that damages Nintendo's relation with the older crowd, and his making games designed for younger ones on Gmecube as well, drawing in more games designed for young audiences. She makes some comments, which have little real effect on the game world, and you all cast her aside as a bad actor, awful movies, saying she's ugly, and all these blasphemous, STUPID things. What she says does NOT take away from her as a person. You all are just bitches having little bitch fits.

God, I even see people going as far as not only to discredit her, but ALL OF HOLLYWOOD. WTF is that?

She actually does something. She's a great actress. That's a hell of a lot more than crying about an anti-Nintendo comment on a message board. Pussies.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
SantaCruZer said:
She was a voice in Halo 2. Are you surprised that she likes xbox?

Edit: this thread will be another huge nintendo hate fest. :(

It’s hard to find a thread that’s not these days.

lexi

Banned
The Abominable Snowman said:
That's a very true statement in many senses. Females prefer heroine roles, like in Tomb Raider or Final Fantasy X-2. However, developers for the vast majority are males.

I can't believe you're using those two as examples of games championing gender equality.

One features breasts that defy gravity and the other has you collecting outfits while singing J-pop. If that's not demeaning, I don't fucking know what is.

cvxfreak

The Abominable Snowman said:
trailer.jpg

"Oh my god"
"WHAT?"
"I'm gonna have a BF!!"
"What's a BF"
"BITCH FIT! LOOK HERE MISTER. I"M GONNA MAKE A CALL. I'M GONNA RUIN YOUR NAME... NO... I'M GONNA WRITE A LETTER"
"SHE'S GONNA DO IT!"
"'M GONNA WRITE YOUR SUPERVISOR. I'M GONNA WRITE YOUR CEO. YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE MISTER. I'LL POINT AND LAUGH AT YOU IN THE HOMELESS LINE"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

belgurdo

Banned
lockii said:
I can't believe you're using those two as examples of games championing gender equality.

One features breasts that defy gravity and the other has you collecting outfits while singing J-pop. If that's not demeaning, I don't fucking know what is.

Having breasts and singing are demeaning? And no one complained about "dressing up" when you did it in FFIII/V/Tactics

lockii said:

No, but they depict empowered females in a non-cutesy, non-juvenile manner. They don't depict small, diminuitive human beings with an overload of pink, white and blonde. Females enjoy Dead or Alive as well for many of the same reasons.

The women aren't very realistic in figure and looks, and are usually flaw-less and well kept, and young, but they're very much the same image females see in movies. Females also aren't as concerned about looking at other women in that way. Men don't look at other men in games and go "Oh his body's TIGHT!" or "He's good looking" (And are straight" but women make similar comments about other females.

If I wanted to pick out games in which genders were equal, I'd be at a loss, because I can't think of many.

Pimpbaa

belgurdo said:
Having breasts and singing are demeaning? And no one complained about "dressing up" when you did it in FFIII/V/Tactics

You dress up Carl in different outfits in GTA: SA. That must mean it's demeaning to men!

Top Bottom