• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilau

I think the judge wants to know why at the same price point, can't they be in the same competition? Because the FTC and Sony have said that Nintendo DOESN'T compete, however, with that same price point (not talking about hardware) they in essence ARE competing.
You can buy a tablet for less and it has games, some of the same games even. Competing in the same market?

Vognerful

I think the judge wants to know why at the same price point, can't they be in the same competition? Because the FTC and Sony have said that Nintendo DOESN'T compete, however, with that same price point (not talking about hardware) they in essence ARE competing.
the who "Nintendo doesn't compete" argument is bullshit considering that consumers don't set separate budget to buy games : one for home console and one for handleheld/hybrid

This whole thing reminds me if the long threads where people here hated how we compared sales of switch to ps4 and then ps2.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Judge: Is that the survey you didnt read??

AgileGrossArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

tmlDan

you know whats wild, i think this guy is actually doing the best at explaining gaming to the judge for her to understand the industry a bit more

Vognerful

How can you guys NOT understand that timed exclusives is different than buying a whole Publisher and banning all games from your main competitor?
Did you check what I was responding to or were you on auto "detect xbox shill mode"?

They guy said there was no proof that FFXVI will not release on xbox, I provided him the two evidences that we have.

They called Bloodborne 3p exclusive nothing to dispute here.

Using a source that lists Bloodborne as a 3rd party exclusive...
Ok....
PRovide alternative sources that claim otherwise and then we can hear your claim..............

Fabieter

Did you check what I was responding to or were you on auto "detect xbox shill mode"?

They guy said there was no proof that FFXVI will not release on xbox, I provided him the two evidences that we have.

PRovide alternative sources that claim otherwise and then we can hear your claim..............

You mean the paper you posted that got written by a ms lawyer with no clue about the industry.

That is a weird way to ask that. Anyway, I've said for a while now that the FTC would lose primarily because I can't see any scenario where an acquisition by a non-market leader would be blocked in the US.
The question mark indicated a question. But understood. It seemed you responded to someone else saying they were going to lose because the judge doesn't get the market, so seems I wrongly assumed you were agreeing with them...

I think the FTC has a better case than they are presenting. I still don't think they would be granted an injunction in the U.S. even if they did put their best foot forward though, so maybe they're just phoning it in.

Ar¢tos

So this timed exclusive is different from other timed exclusives because an unofficial listing, NOT from Sony or Square, that lists Bloodborne as a 3rd party exclusive says so?
This is your undeniable and irrefutable proof?

Sure Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom