• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sure thing. Neutral people. There's no such thing, and you know that.

Besides, I couldn't care less if a few anonymous profiles back you up with gifs.
Excuse Me What GIF

93xfan

Banned
Redfall was the exception and the excuses started pouring in after what, 48 hours?

Oh it’s Bethesda’s fault MS had nothing to do with that. In fact the problem is that MS gotta go hands on, that’s the problem. Let’s also wipe out from memory how a place like Xbox Era closed ranks on that story, Redfall is fun guys these people tripping it’s because it’s Xbox exclusive world is against us.

PlayStation brand is like… 6 years older than Xbox? Xbox isn’t the new kid, the fanbase should be much more critical.
Yeah, Xbox has issues. But so does PS.

PS forgot what made them popular and doesn’t want anyone to remember (which is why such poor BC support, no Socom 2 remaster, not even porting many great remasters (Sly, GoW, Ratchet, Jak, ICO, etc) that they got running on the (terrible to develop for) PS3, and not having a good forward compatibility plan that I can depend on.

Sorry, but many, many old games that were great are still great. Do better, Sony. It’s not like you don’t price gouge for every next gen upgrade. How about giving something back to loyal fans?

Put a laugh emoji or plain face if you agree. Thumbs up also works!

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I mean I could post anything and you're going to use the same kind of rhetoric lol. The xbox fans call their shit out on the proprietary SSD pricing, for stopping the BC program, not having release dates with trailers, hell for not adequately promoting actual good games like Hi-Fi Rush.

Some do, some don't. I see some Xbox fans who are as you describe, but I see a lot of Xbox fans that bend over backwards defending even the most absurd shit. Same as any other fanbase. What I don't get is when fans act like their favorite corporation is getting picked on like they are direct relatives or some bullshit. That's some cringey shit.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

My logic makes sense. Your logic is either non-existent or retarded. Using your logic every single business is always for sale. Microsoft is currently for sale. Same with Apple, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, et cetera. That's the logic you're employing when you claim that Activision was for sale.

Activision was not actively looking to be acquired. Microsoft approached them with an offer. Activision was legally required to present that offer to their shareholders. The shareholders decided to accept the offer. Activision was only for sale in the same way that every business is for sale.
Activision was in hot water of sexual harassment accusations and their stocks were at a low. Microsoft saw blood in the water and made an offer. I'm not understanding your hatred for this acquisition.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I love how everyone ITT just acts like a huge cunt whenever someone with a differing opinion comes along. Also if you call out this cunty behavior you have a persecution complex and youre a paid shill. Meanwhile the same 10 posters or so account for 95% of the posts in this thread and have spent an absurd amount of time discussing this topic, presumably for free.

tmlDan

I love how everyone ITT just acts like a huge cunt whenever someone with a differing opinion comes along. Also if you call out this cunty behavior you have a persecution complex and youre a paid shill. Meanwhile the same 10 posters or so account for 95% of the posts in this thread and have spent an absurd amount of time discussing this topic, presumably for free.

Because opinions need to be backed up with reasoning and logic, or even better, examples that don't date back prior to 2005. I am rarely posting in here since the court recording ended but i don't come in here acting like a parent calling out peoples behaviour as "cunty".

Contribute or ignore the thread.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You can bully other xbox fans out of this forum but you cant bully me.
Rowan Atkinson GIF

I "bullied" him by asking for receipts! How dare I.

I think you should identify the FUD, misinformation, and conspiracy theories that people have been spreading.

Only saying it, without any receipts, does not add credibility to your claim at all.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Activision was in hot water of sexual harassment accusations and their stocks were at a low. Microsoft saw blood in the water and made an offer. I'm not understanding your hatred for this acquisition.

None of what you said countered my point, and nothing that I said indicated a hatred for this acquisition. You're merely deflecting.

You said Activision was looking to sell. This is untrue, and what I am saying is proven by the SEC filing where Microsoft and Activision stated that Microsoft approached Activision with an offer to buy, and that Activision had not been looking to sell. Once the offer was made, then Activision shopped around to see if any competitors would want to beat Microsoft's offer. When nobody did, Activision accepted Microsoft's offer.

What I am saying has nothing to do with my opinion on the acquisition, even though I am against the acquisition. I just hate when fanboys spread misinformation.

See Ya Duck GIF by DefyTV

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I love how people come into this thread who contributed absolutely nothing over the course of its inception, other than to project their fee fees onto everyone because they've tied their personal identity to a corporate brand.

You are adding nothing but gaslighting feet stomp wars.

GHG

You just had a post deleted where you said you were on the acquisition side because you don't want to buy CoD every year.
Did I read that right?
How is that any better?

I'd have thought that given everything that's happened throughout this acquisition process, along with all the information that's been revealed/discussed we would be well past the stage of the "I just want my free* gamepass games tantrums", but apparently not.

At this stage such a simplistic view can be nothing other than a deliberate attempt at intellectual dishonesty.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You just had a post deleted where you said you were on the acquisition side because you don't want to buy CoD every year.
Did I read that right?
How is that any better?

what I said was that “i would like CoD on gamepass so I don’t have to buy it every year” is exactly as valid as anyone else’s opinion.

I love how people come into this thread who contributed absolutely nothing over the course of its inception, other than to project their fee fees onto everyone because they've tied their personal identity to a corporate brand.

You are adding nothing but gaslighting feet stomp wars.

How ironic. I tied my personal identity to a brand, what brand would that be? Xbox? I haven’t owned one since the 360. Yet here you are posting the same tired old gifs day in and day out for over a year because you’re so invested in the outcome of this.

Mods will probably ban me from the thread but you guys have successfully created a circlejerk where it’s just the opposite of the era thread. Sad!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
what I said was that “i would like CoD on gamepass so I don’t have to buy it every year” is exactly as valid as anyone else’s opinion.

How ironic. I tied my personal identity to a brand, what brand would that be? Xbox? I haven’t owned one since the 360. Yet here you are posting the same tired old gifs day in and day out for over a year because you’re so invested in the outcome of this.

Mods will probably ban me from the thread but you guys have successfully created a circlejerk where it’s just the opposite of the era thread. Sad!
What do you mean "how ironic"?

What the fuck have you contributed to this thread since its inception, other than whining and throwing around personal attacks because your cognitive dissonance can't seem to grasp that your brand of worship has had it's "consumer friendly good guy image" shattered the past two weeks.

You don't need to own an Xbox to be the typical lame PC supporting MS/Xbox via proxy in the great cuntsole wars. Alex from DF is the thesis on this nerd archetype.

Now kindly piss off if you have nothing relevant to add other than more crying at the community in a thread you were virtually nonexistent in, but sure have a lot of opinions on select battleline users within it.

Hot Girl Dance GIF by Megan Thee Stallion

Last edited:

FrankWza

what I said was that “i would like CoD on gamepass so I don’t have to buy it every year” is exactly as valid as anyone else’s opinion
You saving $70 a year isn't worth the domino effect that this deal could potentially bring on. So the people you say are here arguing for free is potentially more of a valid argument. Remember, these games are available to all consoles and platforms already. They're not first party games. They're third party games being put under Xbox umbrella because they're owned my Microsoft. That's what people have been debating in this thread for a lot of this time. Now we know there's truth behind it and You can see in this thread here

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ctrl...-found-during-ftc-vs-microsoft.1658430/unread

exactly what's been revealed and the extent that they have and will go to.

Sanepar

What is funny is that for most of COD players being on gamepass doesn't make diff since most players of COD and FIFA only play that. So would be really stupid to rent cod for $120 a year.

Topher

Gold Member

That's just because we have more people opposing the acquisition than supporting it here whereas over there the opposite is true. What do you want folks to do? Not voice their opinion so those they disagree with can seem to be in larger number? Nah.

But honestly my man, not sure what you are trying to do with these posts but you ain't exactly creating the example anyone should follow here. I mean.....most folks in this thread are behaving themselves better than you are. So.....what did you prove?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Contribute something besides "I'm entitled and I want stuff for free". Look past the end of your own nose.
When you post tripe like this you're contributing to a circle jerk all right - and not the one you're accusing people who are opposed to this deal of being in.

ToadMan

Just to get things back on track up in here…

The next date for your calendars is this Friday, July 7. That is the day Judge Corley requested the sides submit their “findings of fact” and “conclusions of law”.

MS have already requested to submit their’s under seal (ie redacted) but some things may leak out.

Please do be careful if people post content from these “findings of fact” - they will likely include draft court orders that may be misinterpreted as the actual judgement. That happened previously in the FTC administrative court submissions.

Wouldn’t want anyone to throw a fit … unnecessarily anyway.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Just finished Ragnarok, name something to play next.
  • Been playing FF16. I like it very much. An option.
  • Rogue Legacy 2 is on PS+ and next in my queue. You can try; it's well loved.
  • Psychonauts 2 is also next in my queue. I reckon you may already have played it. Well reviewed and loved.
  • Dave the Diver is a new game that everybody is loving.
  • Dredge, similar to Dave the Diver. Very good.

GHG

• Psychonauts 2 is also next in my queue. I reckon you may already have played it. Well reviewed and loved.

Out of dave the diver and dregde which would you say is better?

FrankWza

The next date for your calendars is this Friday, July 7. That is the day Judge Corley requested the sides submit their “findings of fact” and “conclusions of law”.

MS have already requested to submit their’s under seal (ie redacted) but some things may leak out.

Please do be careful if people post content from these “findings of fact” - they will likely include draft court orders that may be misinterpreted as the actual judgement. That happened previously in the FTC administrative court submissions.

Good point. Good info.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

What will get leaked are things they want for a positive PR light. But we shall see.

Iced Arcade

FF isn't for me and yeah played phychnaunts 2 on both consoles and loved.

I'll definitely check out Dave the diver.

Still have to play returnal 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom