• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said Phil agrees to all of those requests except the last two .

I'm saying in what world did Phil agree to put all and future Activision games on PS forever? Where is this proof? Given Phil's track record of double speak , lies and emails it's quite clear they wouldn't do this. I

And yeah I'll rightly call you a shill because you do nonstop. I'll repeat my question from the other thread that you conveniently ignored and scurried away like all you shills do. Who am I shilling for? Sony? I game 95% on pc. Sony aren't currently trying to buy up the entire industry. If they did I'd be saying the same about them. MS have been lying for years, so it's fair if they get called out .

ITs obvious what Xbox long term plan is for gamepass. Eventually all these games just won't be exclusive to Xbox. But specially gamepa ss. I for one do not want to be playing diablo 5, the next warcraft or StarCraft by subbing to that shitty service. Not to mention the ever increasing price hikes.

it will be 20$ a month next year.
Those 2 last demands were the main reason MS rejected Sony demands coz MS did offered them 10 year agreement and also additional agreement to bring CoD to PSN subscription as well. MS also said under oath to Judge to bring all CoD games to PS with same parity as xbox.

And now to bolded part. Sony is saint and not guilty of anti competitive practices?

then why they under investigation

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
It’s great for the vast majority of gamers. Just not ps5 only gamers. That’s their choice though.

As a PC gamer, especially one who very much plays Blizzard games, I see no real benefit to me. It would just be trading greedy leadership for greedy and incompetent leadership. Sub services are nice for trying games out, but I view them as, ultimately, a race to the bottom when you're putting big games on them Day 1. I buy my games and I usually focus on them for long periods of time. Steam already affords me the opportunity to get games for good deals and I have quite often refunded games with no issue when it became obvious to me within a couple hours, the same time I spend on nearly all games I play on a sub service, that the game isn't for me.

Even if Call of Duty remains on the platform, you're going to have all other ABK being removed from PS platforms.

Common sense is enough evidence here.

This is all of ABK. Who owns Overwatch? Who owns Diablo? Who made Tony Hawk, Who made the new Crash games? Who made

ABK doesn't need MS to put the game on Switch. It was stated in court that they misread the Switch Market.

Call of Duty games are already on Steam.

So now your entire argument is just centered around cloud gaming and that's it. There's no deal beyond the 10 years.

Your argument was weak. You don't even know what games

You don't tell people you haven't heard a good argument while making a terrible one yourself.
Common sense? Lmao. You gonna fight in court with such evidence lol

What other ABK games with existing gaming community are getting removed from PS?What Bethesda games with existing active community are removed from PS?

COD games for short period were removed from Steam, but now they back i guess but where is Diablo, Overwatch and WoW on Steam?

I like how you conveniently ignored Nintendo gamers.You using FTC arguments to reply to me?

Last edited:
Those 2 last demands were the main reason MS rejected Sony demands coz MS did offered them 10 year agreement and also additional agreement to bring CoD to PSN subscription as well. MS also said under oath to Judge to bring all CoD games to PS with same parity as xbox.

And now to bolded part. Sony is saint and not guilty of anti competitive practices?

But you're arguments don't even match up with your claims/shilling/spin/lies.

You said Phil agreed to all of Jim's demands except the last two. Yet the top demand was all future AB games come to playstation.

I've asked twice now where does Phill agree to that? Now apparently offering cod on a ten year deal only after the CMA launch their investigation is apparently all future AB games forever...

Which is why I said you shills will spin anything to make it look like Sony are being unreasonable. When this good guy image of Phil you're trying to craft doesn't exist because he didn't give Jim anything near what jim asked for.

But you're arguments don't even match up with your claims/shilling/spin/lies.

You said Phil agreed to all of Jim's demands except the last two. Yet the top demand was all future AB games come to playstation.

I've asked twice now where does Phill agree to that? Now apparently offering cod on a ten year deal only after the CMA launch their investigation is apparently all future AB games forever...

Which is why I said you shills will spin anything to make it look like Sony are being unreasonable. When this good guy image of Phil you're trying to craft doesn't exist because he didn't give Jim anything near what jim asked for.
Bro, you refused to read and spin stuff to defend Sony and call other people shill when they posting facts. Im tired of repeating myself.

All evidence is in court. Lets see what's court decides. If Court blocks it, i will stop arguing and move on to new topics and if Court approves it then you will admit, you were wrong?

Ar¢tos

People like who are fighting for gamers like FTC stilll havnt made a single good argument with substantial evidence how this particular deal will harm gamers on all multiplatform platforms. All i heard, "what ifs" or "maybe", or look at Bethesda acquisition, ignoring the fact, MS offered a 10 year deal, they said under oath infront judge to bring CoD to PS. Truth is you actually dont give a shit about any gamers, all you want PS to have dominance position and everything else remain behind. You using this anti gamer narrative to support PS nothing else like FTC.

What does Actvision make apart from CoD? Nothing.

Blizzard games like WoW are forever PC games.King makes only Mobile games.
Now i know you will bring Diablo games, Diablo release games every 6 to 8 years or more. That's why Sony not even concerned about anything else apart from CoD.

Deal is good for gamers as you have option to get PC games on Steam not just battle.net, gamers will get option to pplay on Geforce nd other cloud services along with gamepass, and last but not the least Nintendo gamers will try CoD as well.

ABK as independent company will remain CoD factory focusing on Xbox, PC (Battle.net) and PS5 with unfair advantages to PS5 thanks to deals that favour PS.

Vs

ABK under MS will result in game coming to Steam, PC and Xbox Game, Nintendo consoles, Geforce Now and Xcloud services.

So more gamers play CoD under Phill Spencer’s Activision or under Booby Kotick's Activision? :)
It's amazing how you can't see anything beyond what's right in front of your eyes!

Regardless of games going exclusive or not, the single act of adding Activision games to GamePass day one will significantly devalue the gaming industry beyond repair.

It's amazing how you can't see anything beyond what's right in front of your eyes!

Regardless of games going exclusive or not, the single act of adding Activision games to GamePass day one will significantly devalue the gaming industry beyond repair.
Its just 1 game? COD on gamepass will destroy industry? Is Every big 3rd party game on Gamepass?

What about EA and Ubisoft releasing their big AAA games on dayone on their subscription service on PC? Is that not same as Gamepass? They hurting industry?

Theaters died coz of Netflix? People dont go out and watch movies anymore?

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Common sense? Lmao. You gonna fight in court with such evidence lol

You don't need a court to realize that removing games from a major platform is not good for gamers.
What other ABK games with existing gaming community are getting removed from PS?What Bethesda games with existing active community are removed from PS?
Notice how you're changing to existing communities.

Who said anything about existing communities? This is about FUTURE ABK games. Starfiled was removed, Redfall was removed, Elder Scrolls and all future Zenimax games are no longer coming to PS. That is not good for gamers.

If ABK goes through, then you're going to see a lot of games that are not going to appear on the PS platform.
COD games for short period were removed from Steam, but now they back i guess but where is Diablo, Overwatch and WoW on Steam?

They're not on Steam.

Yet, that's not stopping PC gamers from playing it. Epic has its own games.

I like how you conveniently ignored Nintendo gamers.You using FTC arguments to reply to me?

This is proof that you're just ranting without paying attention.

ABK doesn't need MS to put the game on Switch. It was stated in court that they misread the Switch Market.

- I was talking about future ABK games and then you tried to change it to "existing." lol. That's not going to slide.
- You're making a weak argument that playing on Steam instead of Bnet is going to make a huge difference. PC gamers won't miss out on it.
- A new Nintendo console is coming out. You really think they need MS to make it appear on Switch? lol

Bro, you refused to read and spin stuff to defend Sony and call other people shill when they posting facts. Im tired of repeating myself.

All evidence is in court. Lets see what's court decides. If Court blocks it, i will stop arguing and move on to new topics and if Court approves it then you will admit, you were wrong?
I'll ask one last third time . Because I'm using your own logic here.

You claim Phil accepted all of Jim's demands except two .

The first one being all future AB games come to PS forever being one.
I'm asking where Phil agrees to this?
You then reply with Phil offered cod on a ten year deal.

These two things are not the same at all..

I also see you're changing your argument while arguing with other people saying AB don't make any games for console anyway other than Cod so it doesn't matter. What a stupid argument and outright lie.

Btw Sony doesn't need defending here because they're not in court for anything. Attacking MS doesn't automatically mean defending Sony , I hope you can understand that. This is MS Vs regulation bodies not Vs Sony in court.

You don't need a court to realize that removing games from a major platform is not good for gamers.

Notice how you're changing to existing communities.
You fighting for something that your beloved Jim not even concerned about

Sony boss Jim Ryan doesn't like Starfield exclusivity, but doesn't deem it anti-competitive​

Who said anything about existing communities? This is about FUTURE ABK games. Starfiled was removed, Redfall was removed, Elder Scrolls and all future Zenimax games are no longer coming to PS. That is not good for gamers.

You mean not good for PS gamers only?

And what answer you have for Xbox and PC gamer who wants to play Spiderman2, FF7R and FF16.

Please tell me what should i tell those xbox gamers who wants to play these games?

Ar¢tos

Its just 1 game? COD on gamepass will destroy industry? Is Every big 3rd party game on Gamepass?

What about EA and Ubisoft releasing their big AAA games on dayone on their subscription service on PC? Is that not same as Gamepass? They hurting industry?

Theaters died coz of Netflix? People dont go out and watch movies anymore?
It's not just one game, it will be all Activision and Blizzard games. EA and Ubisoft (lol Ubisoft) games are not system sellers like COD, there are people that just play COD and nothing else!

By releasing Activision games day one on GP, specially COD, MS will greatly reduce the profitability of the game because most Xbox gamers will rent it instead of paying full price and a percentage of Playstation gamers will switch to Xbox to rent it, further reducing the profit while the game Budgets increase over time.
Eventually a decision will have to made of either increasing GP price (considerably), changing COD from annual to every 2 years or reducing the scope of the game (no SP, less maps, etc).
You can't have 9 studios making COD with the same budgets when you chop the profit of the game in half.

MS should release games day one only on GPU and do a serious price increase of that plan, otherwise in 10 years 90% of the games will be "gamepass filler" quality.

I'll ask one last third time . Because I'm using your own logic here.

You claim Phil accepted all of Jim's demands except two .

The first one being all future AB games come to PS forever being one.
I'm asking where Phil agrees to this?
You then reply with Phil offered cod on a ten year deal.

These two things are not the same at all..

I also see you're changing your argument while arguing with other people saying AB don't make any games for console anyway other than Cod so it doesn't matter. What a stupid argument and outright lie.

Btw Sony doesn't need defending here because they're not in court for anything. Attacking MS doesn't automatically mean defending Sony , I hope you can understand that. This is MS Vs regulation bodies not Vs Sony in court.
Phill said under oath we will offer same game with same parity as xbox version with no exclusive content.
Brad smith offered CoD to PSN plus as well. This proves, they were in agreement to above 4 demands of Sony except last two.

And yes its FTC vs MS, but you really believe this has nothing to do with Sony?? FTC getting all info from Sony only.

Sony lawyers present in court, giving FTC all details. FTC brought harm to PS 90 times during hearing and harm to consumers like 5 or times. Judge had to call out FTC, we not concerned about harm to Sony.

Starting to see some claims that all future ABK games will come to PlayStation. Although i haven't seen any evidence that Microsoft said that so I can be missing something.

From my understanding that was limited to COD and only 10 years. Maybe it's something new to appease regulators but again I haven't seen them said that yet.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Sony boss Jim Ryan doesn't like Starfield exclusivity, but doesn't deem it anti-competitive​

Where does it say it's not bad for gamers?
Jim's statement is completely irrelevant.

Want me to use someone from MS.

I could use Pete Hines statement about him not liking games being taken away from PS gamers.
FznrUq0XwAY6KR2

And what answer you have for Xbox and PC gamer who wants to play Spiderman2, FF7R and FF16.

Please tell me what should i tell those xbox gamers who wants to play these games?
Exclusive\time exclusive deals are not good for ALL gamers, regardless of who is doing it.

I bet you thought I was going to defend Sony's actions. lol

If gamers miss out on a game because a company signed an agreement to prevent it from coming on another platform, then it doesn't benefit gamers, period.

I can easily say this, but you're jumping through hoops to make MS appear to be the good guy. These tactics are not good for gamers, they're only good for the gamers that are on the platform and not all gamers.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

MS didnt say under oath anything ... Phil Spencer said that his "intention" is to bring COD to plasytation and when asked directly by the FTC to bind his words to the company he chose to stay silent. And the FTC responded with "the point has been maid" .

- he never made a DIRECTLY affirmation that COD will launch on every plasytation on the trial , even mentioning only ps5 and/or using words like "thats my goal" instead of a directly clear answer

And even if he had done it

- He didnt bind his words to MS

So lets stop with this wrong notion that what he said legaly means anything, if hes fired tomorrow right after the acquisition his words mean shit

Last edited:
It's not just one game, it will be all Activision and Blizzard games. EA and Ubisoft (lol Ubisoft) games are not system sellers like COD, there are people that just play COD and nothing else!

By releasing Activision games day one on GP, specially COD, MS will greatly reduce the profitability of the game because most Xbox gamers will rent it instead of paying full price and a percentage of Playstation gamers will switch to Xbox to rent it, further reducing the profit while the game Budgets increase over time.
Eventually a decision will have to made of either increasing GP price (considerably), changing COD from annual to every 2 years or reducing the scope of the game (no SP, less maps, etc).
You can't have 9 studios making COD with the same budgets when you chop the profit of the game in half.

MS should release games day one only on GPU and do a serious price increase of that plan, otherwise in 10 years 90% of the games will be "gamepass filler" quality.
Oh FIFA, madden and Assassins Creed not system seller. I know friends who bought console just for Fifa.

Minecraft arguably biggest ip out there. MS bringing it to every platform out there, even to those platforms where originally it was not available on and its also on gamepass? . You know why? It makes money, it makes billions. MS not dumb to lose billions in revenue from COD by not releasing everywhere plus they had committed under oath to judge as well. Satya will not go jail over CoD lol.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Oh FIFA, madden and Assassins Creed not system seller. I know friends who bought console just for Fifa.

Minecraft arguably biggest ip out there. MS bringing it to every platform out there, even to those platforms where originally it was not available on and its also on gamepass? . You know why? It makes money, it makes billions. MS not dumb to lose billions in revenue from COD by not releasing everywhere plus they had committed under oath to judge as well. Satya will not go jail over CoD lol.
We are back to minecraft

We have deposition and emails from Phil Spencer saying he wanted to make minecraft dungeons exclusive but couldn't and saying something in the lines of "we have to find a way around that"

In the end meaning they have a contract in place that cant be at this moment overlooked and therefore minecraft has to stay multiplat

This contract was always speculated but the emails about minecraft and the deposition pretty much confirms its existence

Where does it say it's not bad for gamers?
Jim's statement is completely irrelevant.

Want me to use someone from MS.

I could use Pete Hines statement about him not liking games being taken away from PS gamers.
FznrUq0XwAY6KR2

Exclusive\time exclusive deals are not good for ALL gamers, regardless of who is doing it.

I bet you thought I was going to defend Sony's actions. lol

If gamers miss out on a game because a company signed an agreement to prevent it from coming on another platform, then it doesn't benefit gamers, period.

I can easily say this, but you're jumping through hoops to make MS appear to be the good guy. These tactics are not good for gamers, they're only good for the gamers that are on the platform and not all gamers.
I defend this deal coz i can play quality games and save money. I like options. I just dont want one way to play my games. I dont like just 70$ option to play games. I like subscription service model to play games. I play EA and Ubisoft games that way as well.

Jim ryan reply is now irrelevant. How convenient lol.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
People still failing to argue how Gamepass growing and erasing Xbox from the full price market, making it so that third parties that make AAA games will have to increasingly rely on PlayStation and Steam, will be good for the industry, and for Xbox gamers.

Gamepass subscription retention will also increase MS’s need to keep the service fed, and the emails have shown they prioritize hours spent on a game, so you can expect the type of games they make for Gamepass to change too. They can’t rely on shit that takes five years to make either.

People seemingly fail to realize that the part of the games industry we like does not crank out content at nearly the same rate as TV and movies, not even close.

If “I want cheap” is all you gotta say then know that if you get your way then cheap is all you gonna get, cheap shit.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Phill said under oath we will offer same game with same parity as xbox version with no exclusive content.
Brad smith offered CoD to PSN plus as well. This proves, they were in agreement to above 4 demands of Sony except last two.

And yes its FTC vs MS, but you really believe this has nothing to do with Sony?? FTC getting all info from Sony only.

Sony lawyers present in court, giving FTC all details. FTC brought harm to PS 90 times during hearing and harm to consumers like 5 or times. Judge had to call out FTC, we not concerned about harm to Sony.
Same Phil, who lied under oath that ES6 exclusivity hasn't been decided when exclusivity of all games was already decided months ago? Or are we talking about a different Phil?

OcSTcFA.png

We are back to minecraft

We have deposition and emails from Phil Spencer saying he wanted to make minecraft dungens exclusive but couldn't and saying something in the lines of "we have to find a way around that"

In the end meaning they have a contract in place that cant be at this moment overlooked and therefore minecraft has to stay multiplat

This contract was always speculated but the emails about minecraft and the deposition pretty much confirms its existence
They didn't make it exclusive coz of agreement, right? Same way court will have to make sure that CoD agreement is binding and MS commits to that agreement. This case will force MS to make sure they can't pull CoD from PS ever.

Let court decide. We should trust legal system or you saying American system also bad now?

CoD will come to PS and stay on PS. Rest is irrevelant. Main subject of the case is CoD.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I defend this deal coz i can play quality games and save money. I like options. I just dont want one way to play my games. I dont like just 70$ option to play games. I like subscription service model to play games. I play EA and Ubisoft games that way as well.

Jim ryan reply is now irrelevant. How convenient lol.

All your arguments failed and now you're talking about how you feel personally. We're talking about ALL gamers and now YOU.

Jim doesn't speak for all gamers. Gamers would prefer if all future gamers of Zenimax and ABK stayed on PlayStation.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
They didn't make it exclusive coz of agreement, right? Same way court will have to make sure that CoD agreement is binding and MS commits to that agreement. This case will force MS to make sure they can't pull CoD from PS ever.

Let court decide. We should trust legal system or you saying American system also bad now?

CoD will come to PS and stay on PS. Rest is irrevelant. Main subject of the case is CoD.
Well now you are saying that the court will make MS keep COD on ps forever .. wich first is a goal post moving since now is not MS who is good is the court that will make them and second this trial dosent have this power ... the court at this moment will only concede or not an PI ... there is not any kind of remedy been imposed here by the us court

Last edited:
Same Phil, who lied under oath that ES6 exclusivity hasn't been decided when exclusivity of all games was already decided months ago? Or are we talking about a different Phil?

OcSTcFA.png

You not wrong. Evil Phill is out infront of the world.
But you gotta pay attention to the words he used.

incase of ES, He said - he didn't remember or recall exact details regarding ES6 yet and can't commit to what platforms it will come as game is far far away. So yes He dodged the question without giving clear cut yes or no answer.

Incase of CoD though, Judge Corley asked him directly.

He said - I raise my hand and say under oath. That i say this on behalf of MS that CoD and all future versions of CoD will stay and come to all versions of PS.
Then Sarah Bond and CEO Satya Nadella said samething.

Now court will make sure ,MS cant back out. So there will be a clear cut legally binding agreement that MS will have to follow.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
People still failing to argue how Gamepass growing and erasing Xbox from the full price market, making it so that third parties that make AAA games will have to increasingly rely on PlayStation and Steam, will be good for the industry, and for Xbox gamers.

Gamepass subscription retention will also increase MS’s need to keep the service fed, and the emails have shown they prioritize hours spent on a game, so you can expect the type of games they make for Gamepass to change too. They can’t rely on shit that takes five years to make either.

People seemingly fail to realize that the part of the games industry we like does not crank out content at nearly the same rate as TV and movies, not even close.

If “I want cheap” is all you gotta say then know that if you get your way then cheap is all you gonna get, cheap shit.
Is the same kind of people that believes in the socialist society utopia... this kind of people that believes in their leaders to give them easy acces to all cheap and free will forever be easily manipulated.. its just history repeating itself again and again ... just in the form of games and gamepass now

Dick Jones

Gold Member

I'd tell PC Gamers to buy and play FFVII Remake on PC. Xbox players can ask Phil Spencer as to why they can't play it. They can also query FFXIV while they are at it.

FFXVI is coming to PC in 6 months. SE stared that they don't expect to have the PC version ready when the time exclusive period ends in 6 months. The reason it's out on PS5 is due to Sony supplying its staff to help the team. The game would be delayed 2 years to try and make on PS4. MS made a Time Exclusive pitch for FFXVI that wasn't as good as the PS offer.

Spider-Man was offered to PC a period after it released on PS. Not offering First Party on PC Day and Date isn't anti-competitive. I expect Spider-Man 2 to come to PC at a later stage. Xbox players can ask Phil Spencer as to why Spider-Man is not on Xbox, especially since he rejected Marvel's offer.

I'd tell PC Gamers to buy and play FFVII Remake on PC. Xbox players can ask Phil Spencer as to why they can't play it. They can also query FFXIV while they are at it.

FFXVI is coming to PC in 6 months. SE stared that they don't expect to have the PC version ready when the time exclusive period ends in 6 months. The reason it's out on PS5 is due to Sony supplying its staff to help the team. The game would be delayed 2 years to try and make on PS4. MS made a Time Exclusive pitch for FFXVI that wasn't as good as the PS offer.

Spider-Man was offered to PC a period after it released on PS. Not offering First Party on PC Day and Date isn't anti-competitive. I expect Spider-Man 2 to come to PC at a later stage. Xbox players can ask Phil Spencer as to why Spider-Man is not on Xbox, especially since he rejected Marvel's offer.
Good. I tell PS friends. Play Bethesda games on PC.

Just like Xbox gamers will play PS games on PC.

Jesus Christ.

Already multiple posters have made my point for me but Phil didn't offer anything under the oath, so you wither fail at reading comprehension or will spin anything to suit your agenda.
Nowhere has Phil agrees with Jim's requests, which by the way waa way before the court.

What new line of shilling are you going to do next?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Good. I tell PS friends. Play Bethesda games on PC.

Just like Xbox gamers will play PS games on PC.
Time Exclusive and full exclusive is different. You know that.

Your problem is that you used 3 stupid examples. Actually the worst choices you could pick, one MS rejected, one that has 6 months exclusivity, and one that has no time exclusivity. Why couldn't you choose any better? 😂

You also asked what PC Gamers would do? I answered that, and bar the current time exclusive that MS also offered, MS are the architect of those current fuck ups.

You tried to argue that it was good for gamers and then you started talking about how it benefited you personally.

I made my point.
That guy with Gabe newell picture was calling me shill for defending the deal blah blah. So i just posted my personal opinion, why i personally want this deal to go through.

And. You very conveniently ignored my post where i laid down multiple points why deal is good. I made multiple points in different threads where i mentioned this deal will not lead to consolidation. You want me to link those posts? Let me know.
You have not made any good point to support FTC theory of harm and consolidation. You just doing mental gymnastics to prove you are right and im wrong.

according to you

Less players playing COD = Good
More players playing CoD = Harm.

All your points are based on what if. World dont work on what ifs, so as court of law. You have to prove theory of harm to consumers which you and FTC cant prove.

Last edited:

IDappa

Your problem is that you used 3 stupid examples. Actually the worst choices you could pick, one MS rejected, one that has 6 months exclusivity, and one that has no time exclusivity. Why couldn't you choose any better? 😂

You also asked what PC Gamers would do? I answered that, and bar the current time exclusive that MS also offered, MS are the architect of those current fuck ups.
I don't want to be caught up in a endless debate, however what are your thoughts on Microsoft purchasing Bethesda based on Sony attempting to lock them out of games such as starfield?.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't want to be caught up in a endless debate, however what are your thoughts on Microsoft purchasing Bethesda based on Sony attempting to lock them out of games such as starfield?.
No issue with new IP. Timed exclusive is part and parcel of gaming. Publishers don't want to take a major risk and may look to platform holders to reduce rhe risk. All of the big 3 do it. MS could have bid for time exclusive on Starfield, we know it from court that it was Bethesda who approached Sony and others about time exclusivity for Deathloop and Ghostwire. What are MS doing in this period?

I'm glad you agree with my earlier points.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Atleast you agree FIFA and all big as well lol.

Cant believe someone said FIFA not big or system seller. But Neogaf is primarily American forum and FIFA not huge US. So i can understand the ignorance of that person.

Ar¢tos Ar¢tos said EA games are not system sellers like COD is. If you are going to call someone ignorant then you would do well to at least try to understand what was actually said.

And if you look at his profile you'll see he is Portuguese.

FF7 originally suppose to be timed exclusive and then it became permanent. Which is fine, its business.

In FF 16 case, MS offer wasn't enough according to SE, my guess is they wanted some absurd amount to bring FF 16 to Xbox and to which Xbox said No.

SE clearly wanted alot from MS, as Xbox not market leader, so they wanted to compensate for loss they will suffer for not having a PS version. Trial clearly revealed how MS had to agree to 80-20% revenue share to keep CoD on Xbox. They were about to lose CoD as well.

So this proves, it was becoming increasingly difficult for MS to get any third party exclusivity deals for big popular games. Sony dont have to pay extra to get exclusive content from publishers. They fully leverage their market leader position to get favourable deals to hurt MS.
So, frustrated MS decided to go acquisition route. Sony free to compete however they like and so does MS.

Incase of Spiderman, it was offered to MS around Xbox one launch where MS had no good studios to make high quality Spiderman and was still recovering from disastrous Xbox one launch. MS decision to reject Spiderman was good decision.
Marvel could have easily offered Spiderman game license to some 3rd party dev or ask Sony to keep it multiplatform since Spiderman is popular ip loved by everyone but they didn't. Clearly Sony used their market position to convince Marvel to keep game exclusive and also acquired Spiderman game licence.

Sony always focused on getting exclusive and has spend tons of money keeping exclusive away from their competitors. They doing it since PS 1 days. Its a proven fact.

I personally not against any PS exclusive deals. Its business. I was just using it as counter argument to call out fake warriors and their fake concerns lol

Last edited:
Ar¢tos Ar¢tos said EA games are not system sellers like COD is. If you are going to call someone ignorant then you would do well to at least try to understand what was actually said.

Which is not correct. That's what i meant. Fifa games aee are as big as CoD.

Fifa video games are made by EA

Last edited:

HoofHearted

COD is a system seller?

Meh…

I bought my PS5 to play Spidey and GOW… and to catch up on some older titles.

My nephew bought his to play Fortnite …

COD (or any ABK / EA title for that matter) never entered into the equation for purchasing any of my consoles or PC….

And all of this won’t matter anyway in 5-10 years as games continue to evolve to Fortnite and OW models …

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Sony dont have to pay extra to get exclusive content from publishers. They fully leverage their market leader position to get favourable deals to hurt MS.

Sony does not get exclusive content from publishers for free. Come on.

COD is a system seller?

Meh…

I bought my PS5 to play Spidey and GOW… and to catch up on some older titles.

My nephew bought his to play Fortnite …

COD (or any ABK / EA title for that matter) never entered into the equation for purchasing any of my consoles or PC….

Don't ask me. I haven't played Call of Duty since World at War and that was just for killing zombies with my sons.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
FF7 originally suppose to be timed exclusive and then it became permanent. Which is fine, its business.

In FF 16 case, MS offer wasn't enough according to SE, my guess is they wanted some absurd amount to bring FF 16 to Xbox and to which Xbox said No.

SE clearly wanted alot from MS, as Xbox not market leader, so they wanted to compensate for loss they will suffer for not having a PS version. Trial clearly revealed how MS had to agree to 80-20% revenue share to keep CoD on Xbox. They were about to lose CoD as well.

So this proves, it was becoming increasingly difficult for MS to get any third party exclusivity deals for big popular games. Sony dont have to pay extra to get exclusive content from publishers. They fully leverage their market leader position to get favourable deals to hurt MS.
So, frustrated MS decided to go acquisition route. Sony free to compete however they like and so does MS.

Incase of Spiderman, it was offered to MS around Xbox one launch where MS had no good studios to make high quality Spiderman and was still recovering from disastrous Xbox one launch. MS decision to reject Spiderman was good decision.
Marvel could have easily offered Spiderman game license to some 3rd party dev or ask Sony to keep it multiplatform since Spiderman is popular ip loved by everyone but they didn't. Clearly Sony used their market position to convince Marvel to keep game exclusive and also acquired Spiderman game licence.

Sony always focused on getting exclusive and has spend tons of money keeping exclusive away from their competitors. They doing it since PS 1 days. Its a proven fact.

I personally not against any PS exclusive deals. Its business. I was just using it as counter argument to call out fake warriors and their fake concerns lol
So much twisted logic in one post. FFVII Remake's time exclusivity is not permanent. That time is up. Neither was FFXIV ever but that's also not on Xbox either. We learned that Sony never paid for Yakuza to be PS only, after years of those statements being made here and the only time exclusivity related to the Yakuza franchise was 7 being delayed on PS5 outside Japan for 6 months, and these 48 hour time exclusive reveals of new games.

Where are FFVII Remake or FFXIV on Xbox?

HoofHearted

Don't ask me. I haven't played Call of Duty since World at War and that was just for killing zombies with my sons.
Same - last time I played / bought it was easily 6-8 years ago to play with my family at Christmas because the kids were bored and wanted something to play (don’t remember which version as they tend to bleed together year after year) …

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
That guy with Gabe newell picture was calling me shill for defending the deal blah blah. So i just posted my personal opinion, why i personally want this deal to go through.

And. You very conveniently ignored my post where i laid down multiple points why deal is good. I made multiple points in different threads where i mentioned this deal will not lead to consolidation. You want me to link those posts? Let me know.
You have not made any good point to support FTC theory of harm and consolidation. You just doing mental gymnastics to prove you are right and im wrong.
You accused me of conveniently ignoring points before and I quoted my own comment proving you wrong. I address your points and then you tried to change the subject and failed.
according to you

Less players playing COD = Good
More players playing CoD = Harm.
I said ALL ABK games.

You

Fewer players (excluding PS) = Good
More players (including PS) = Bad

You're running with the false narrative that ABK NEEDS MS to run games on Cloud and the Nintendo Switch when that's a complete lie.
All your points are based on what if. World dont work on what ifs, so as court of law.

Nope.
My point is that if you stop releasing games on a platform, then that's bad for gamers.
Your points are based on the fact that ABK needs MS to release games on cloud and switch and they do not.

You have to prove theory of harm to consumers which you and FTC cant prove.
How do you know when the decision hasn't been made?

The FTC doesn't make a decision for all gamers and once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. They're mainly there to protect the market and competition.

This is why CMA dropped the console concerns. They said even if COD is exclusive, it wouldn't harm the console market and then they moved to the cloud because it can hurt competition in the market.

You keep bringing up the FTC when this has nothing to do with the conversation. I can't believe I have to explain this to you because it shouldn't be this difficult for you to understand.

Sony does not get exclusive content from publishers for free. Come on.

No but they do have better bargaining power which MS doesn't have anymore.
MS has to pay double or triple amount for just a timed exclusive now. I dont think MS considers this as valuable or good option for them anymore.

Acquisition is better option for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom