• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft expects Xbox to deliver record-breaking revenue during Starfield's release

Starfield will bring

• Record breaking revenue

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • Record breaking consoles sales

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Record breaking gamepass growth

Votes: 61 47.7%

• Total voters

Three

OK dude, so say xbox has a record breaking September and even couple of months for starfield. It breaks any kind of reality driven sales numbers and helps the xbox sell 4 million consoles over September and October....( not a chance ) do you think that would make a significant difference to the outcome of the generation.... would that change much...even that insane nber of console sales for a 2 to 3 month period?

...so Phils a lier again or actually speaking the truth?

Put the hate boner away..its not worth it lol
Would 1 good game completely define a console for the entire generation? No. Would a constant and consistent release of good games define a console for a generation? yes. The issue is that the top brass at MS since the beginning of the gen and even recently in that interview seem to think big releases aren't important to their console or at least that's what they keep trying to tell people right now.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
So now you’re going to buy a new laptop every 3 months then?
Still figuring out what to do since they removed the 1$
87YvPXE.jpg

Fredrik

I selected gamepass growth. I will subscribe for 1 month to play the game and then subsequently cancel it. Thanks MS for saving me $50+ dollars to play the game.
You plan to play a big open world RPG for just 1 month?

I played Elden Ring during the whole 2022, multiple playthroughs, played a lot in 2023 too and just got interested for another playthrough after some talk with Danjin44 Danjin44 .

And Starfield is made by Bethesda. I still play Skyrim occasionally 12 years after the release, still trying new mods, play in VR, and still haven’t gone through it all.

PaintTinJr

The Steam sales will dwarf Xbox. In the first month I’d expect anywhere from 7-10m sales on Steam and over time once sales kick in it’ll gradually rise to 12-15m.

4.5m is a very high estimate for Xbox IMO.
You could be right about the 4.5m on 20m install base, but that does throw up another interesting point, because - assume - it is next-gen only for Series, I suspect for the first 12months there will be a lot of PC below Series spec that will only go the Gamepass route, and with it being on gamepass, Microsoft will want to charge full whack for those buying, meaning all those PC gamers happy to wait for a sale won't be buying straight away.

It is also a new IP, and for reference, the brilliant Rage as a new IP by Zenimax only managed under 3m lifetime sales from my quick internet search. So I would say the PC numbers will do well to sell 3.5m.

Put another way, if you added 7-10m PC sales, to 10m PS5 sales and even add in 2m Series sales, that is doing Zelda/Elden Ring numbers, which I don't think is possible with gamepass day 1 erosion, high spec requirements to match Series S

Ozriel

M$FT
OK? Amy Hood says Starfield will deliver a record breaking quarter for xbox and Phil was saying an 11/10 Starfield will do little to help turn things around for Xbox.

Spencer specifically said an 11/10 Starfield isn’t going to get people to sell their PS5 consoles. That’s a direct quote.

Are you planning to sell your PS5 for Starfield?

They’ll be looking to sell more Xbox consoles to new console buyers and possibly get some PS5 owners to buy a secondary console, but nobody here on this forum expects Starfield to completely close the established sales gap between both consoles.

he's living rent free in my head? It's not that deep.

Yes.
And I agree it’s not that deep.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I’m afraid it’s extremely unlikely that Starfield outsells TOTK this year, if ever.
I agree, but it's not a failure if it doesn't, and whatever the case, it's one of a very small list of games that can seriously be considered events on the gaming calendar. It's just the downplaying that I'm reacting to, so silly.

The poll on this topic sets out the want for failure. Must be record breaking or, lol, failure.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
It is also a new IP, and for reference, the brilliant Rage as a new IP by Zenimax only managed under 3m lifetime sales from my quick internet search. So I would say the PC numbers will do well to sell 3.5m.

In my opinion people generally aren’t that naive. Elden Ring was a new IP, but people knew where it was coming from. I think the same applies here. This isn’t just a new Zenimax IP. This is a game from Todd Howard and BGS.

It's going to be massive and I say MS will also sell 3 million consoles 'just' on the back of Starfield over the next 6 months or so. The only issue is how will the team ever be able to top Starfield given its insane scope

FireFly

Even Doom 3 only sold a reported 3.5 million copies, and none of id's games have sold huge numbers by modern standards. So id shooters are really not the right comparison point.

Disco Dave

Just out of interest, I entered a few recent high profile releases and upcoming games into Google Trends, which can be used for comparative keyword research and to discover event-triggered spikes in keyword search volume.

Now, if a user searches for "Spider-man 2" or "Spiderman 2" (no hyphen), then the results are skewed for the product as Google Trends will recognise them as two different keyword search terms.

For transparency, I entered the keywords for the games that I believed had the broadest range I.e. not everyone will include the hyphen when searching for Spider-Man. Certainly, you could query and collate all keywords for the product but I honestly didn't want to go that deep. This activity was to kill 10 mins on a Sunday morning.

Final Fantasy was the keyword queried. This returned all searches (not simply FF16). FF 16 could be queried many different ways - FF16, FFXVI, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy XVI etc. I picked the broadest term.

Spiderman was queried without the hyphen. This query return was quite low - it's highly possible that people just searched "Spiderman" as opposed to "Spiderman 2". There are many variations to how this could be searched I.e. Spider-Man 2

Zelda was the single keyword. No subtitle. This was an absolute monster and dominated the other queries.

Starfield was the single keyword becuase the game does not have a subtitle or numbered entry.

waRfxK4.png

What can be concluded from this? Likely nothing LOL, but it was interesting to try and put the high profile releases into context
🫡

Ar¢tos

In my opinion people generally aren’t that naive. Elden Ring was a new IP, but people knew where it was coming from. I think the same applies here. This isn’t just a new Zenimax IP. This is a game from Todd Howard and BGS.
So people expect bugs, broken quests and questionable performance and, because of that, they feel like they should wait a few months for patches before buying?

SenkiDala

We’re down to “software doesn’t generate any revenue on Xbox” now?
I mean I dunno if it'll generate a "record breaking revenue". Sure Starfield is a huge game, but on PC 97% of buyers will buy it on Steam, 3% on other stores, other people (most people) will take a 1 to 2 months GP sub, on Xbox nobody will buy the game, it'll sell less than 2M, just people who are already subbed will play it that way (so no increase in revenue on this point) and sure it'll bring some more subs but I don't think it'll be enough to bring "record breaking revenue".

Releasing the game on PS5 on the other hands... Then yes, that would have been HUGE and the game would have sold 15M pretty fast. I get the decision of MS to cancel the PS5 release, it is an understandable move "you want this ? Get it on PC or Xbox but not PS", sure, but I would bet, no problem, that if it was released on PS5 it would be a total different story.

In Asia Xbox doesn't exist (I lived in Japan during the 360 era and it was non existant), in Europe it sells but like 15% to them 85% for Sony (if we just take MS/Sony into account).

At my workplace where there are "geeks" and "mass market gamers", almost nobody knows about Starfield, what people talk about is Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2, Diablo IV is huge here, it talks about the Nintendo Directs, Zelda, Call of Duty, etc, but Starfield ? Nope. Microsoft needed Sony and the PS consoles to make it being a huge mass market success. Like GTA, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc, now it'll be just a success, that's ok.

Three

Spencer specifically said an 11/10 Starfield isn’t going to get people to sell their PS5 consoles. That’s a direct quote.

Are you planning to sell your PS5 for Starfield?
Why are you xbox fans such disingenuous people? Why ignore the context of the conversation he was having to go all literal on the bullshit of 1 line?

Phil Spencer said in that interview: "I see commentary out there--'If you just build great games, everything will turn around.' It's just not true [that] if we go off and build great games, all of a sudden you're going to see console share shift in some dramatic way"

So to answer your question, no, I like many others would not sell my PS5 to chase 1 game on another console. Why do I even need to sell one to own the other and improve xbox's outlook or share?

If xbox were constantly and consistently building great games for their console a lot of people would buy an xbox though(maybe over a PS5 if they released good big games nearer launch or complementary to a PS5 now). it would help their marketshare like it did during the 360, contrary to what top brass at MS seem to think now.
They’ll be looking to sell more Xbox consoles to new console buyers and possibly get some PS5 owners to buy a secondary console, but nobody here on this forum expects Starfield to completely close the established sales gap between both consoles.
You're ignoring what's been discussed already.

Yes.
And I agree it’s not that deep.
STFU.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Would 1 good game completely define a console for the entire generation? No. Would a constant and consistent release of good games define a console for a generation? yes. The issue is that the top brass at MS since the beginning of the gen and even recently in that interview seem to think big releases aren't important to their console or at least that's what they keep trying to tell people right now.

I completely agree with you on this. One game will not do it, but MS needs to absolutely get their ass in gear and its embarrassing they've had to buy ABK and Bethesda to deliver on games IMO. I can understand Bethesda but not ABK.

IMO Fable, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2...Where are they? Yes Fable looks amazing IMO, but I am not going to pretend their output hasnt been SHITE.

One game wont do it, but you have hit the nail on the head. They need consistently great games releasing...and not just ABK usual games. Nurture some awesome shit! give us stuff that wouldnt exist if they didnt purchase these studios and get it out on time!

cripterion

Personally won't spend a dime on it, just getting through gamepass that was and the 3 year cheap deal. I'm assuming most people are in that case.
If the mods are fucked on Gamepass PC version then I'll have to rebuy it properly on Steam though..

Ozriel

M$FT
You could be right about the 4.5m on 20m install base, but that does throw up another interesting point, because - assume - it is next-gen only for Series, I suspect for the first 12months there will be a lot of PC below Series spec that will only go the Gamepass route, and with it being on gamepass, Microsoft will want to charge full whack for those buying, meaning all those PC gamers happy to wait for a sale won't be buying straight away.

Not sure where the logic is in assuming Microsoft won’t sell any more Xbox consoles this gen.

Elden Ring was charged at full price and still sold a ton of copies on Steam…not everyone plans to wait for a sale.

What’s the basis for benchmarking Starfield with Rage?
You’re aware Starfield has topped Steam’s Global wishlist for months?

Put another way, if you added 7-10m PC sales, to 10m PS5 sales and even add in 2m Series sales, that is doing Zelda/Elden Ring numbers, which I don't think is possible with gamepass day 1 erosion, high spec requirements to match Series S

1. It was never going to sell more on PlayStation than PC.

2. Specs required to match a Series S = GTX 1060 or RX580. A substantial portion of the Steam userbase meets or exceeds this.

Why are you xbox fans such disingenuous people? Why ignore the context of the conversation he was having to go all literal on the bullshit of 1 line?

Phil Spencer said in that interview: "I see commentary out there--'If you just build great games, everything will turn around.' It's just not true [that] if we go off and build great games, all of a sudden you're going to see console share shift in some dramatic way"

So to answer your question, no, I like many others would not sell my PS5 to chase 1 game on another console. Why do I even need to sell one to own the other and improve xbox's outlook or share?

If xbox were constantly and consistently building great games for their console a lot of people would buy an xbox though(maybe over a PS5 if they released good big games nearer launch or complementary to a PS5 now). it would help their marketshare like it did during the 360, contrary to what top brass at MS seem to think now.

Yes, I firmly believe if Xbox continues to put out great games, they will sell more and more consoles. Games sell hardware.

At the same time, I’m fully aware - as is Spencer - that the PlayStation ecosystem is still excellent, Sony will still keep selling lots of hardware and Microsoft has other non-console alternatives for you to play their games day 1. So you’re not going to see a console leadership position shift this generation. That’s what Spencer is saying.

Incredibly obvious, but you’ve gone with a disingenuous misinterpretation of what he said for personal reasons.

NahaNago

This game is just hard to figure out what it will do. I can see an increase in gamepass and console sales and it being record breaking for xbox compared to what they have done since the xbox one became a thing.

PaintTinJr

I agree, but it has also been weaponised by Microsoft by making it exclusive which I think is a different proposition than had it not been developed for PS5 and just been exclusive from inception, and the day 1 gamepass means those that have FOMO with it can dip in on gamepass with zero concerns of single digit frame-rates like Skyrim.

If we believe what has been said in the acquisitions thread, Zenimax was available to be bought because they had financial troubles on the horizon because their game sales were trending downwards IIRC. I also compared with Rage because it was the first new IP for idsoftware and Carmack, and I appreciate Todd has a great following from his games, but his reputation might be trending lower, today than in years gone by.

The gamepass impact on B2P will be most interesting if this game buck a trend and does mega-B2P sales too.

Gojiira

Good joke, 90% will get it on the Game Pass subscription they already paid for so thats no sales whatsoever…I mean are Xbox really this stupid? Gamepass cannibalises sales of every game on it. No doubt subscribers will shoot up at launch but thats it.

winjer

Gold Member
I think this will sell more on PC than on the Xbox consoles. And it might increase gamepass on PC adoption, even if it's just people buying a one month trial.

Ozriel

M$FT
I mean I dunno if it'll generate a "record breaking revenue". Sure Starfield is a huge game, but on PC 97% of buyers will buy it on Steam, 3% on other stores, other people (most people) will take a 1 to 2 months GP sub, on Xbox nobody will buy the game, it'll sell less than 2M, just people who are already subbed will play it that way (so no increase in revenue on this point) and sure it'll bring some more subs but I don't think it'll be enough to bring "record breaking revenue".

Starfield on PC is an Xbox release, and any reference to 'record breaking revenue' is in an Xbox context. Nobody is seriously saying Starfield will be the best selling videogame of all time.

The bit about 'nobody will buy it on Xbox' and 'most people will only sub for 1 or 2 months' is laughable.

Releasing the game on PS5 on the other hands... Then yes, that would have been HUGE and the game would have sold 15M pretty fast. I get the decision of MS to cancel the PS5 release, it is an understandable move "you want this ? Get it on PC or Xbox but not PS", sure, but I would bet, no problem, that if it was released on PS5 it would be a total different story.

I'm not sure it's a credible assumption that Starfield would have sold more lifetime on PS5 than PC.

In Asia Xbox doesn't exist (I lived in Japan during the 360 era and it was non existant), in Europe it sells but like 15% to them 85% for Sony (if we just take MS/Sony into account).

At my workplace where there are "geeks" and "mass market gamers", almost nobody knows about Starfield, what people talk about is Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2, Diablo IV is huge here, it talks about the Nintendo Directs, Zelda, Call of Duty, etc, but Starfield ? Nope. Microsoft needed Sony and the PS consoles to make it being a huge mass market success. Like GTA, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc, now it'll be just a success, that's ok.

It's topping Steam wishlists for a reason, and is supposedly tracking pretty well vs Elden Ring in preorder position. We had a deep dive for Starfield at 'E3', and it dominated conversation at that time, so it's hard to imagine there's widespread ignorance of the existence of this title.

If Starfield lands at quality levels similar to the likes of Skyrim (bugs aside), it'll be a mass market success.

I agree, but it has also been weaponised by Microsoft by making it exclusive which I think is a different proposition than had it not been developed for PS5 and just been exclusive from inception, and the day 1 gamepass means those that have FOMO with it can dip in on gamepass with zero concerns of single digit frame-rates like Skyrim.

Day 1 gamepass has far less cannibalization effect on Steam compared to console. And you were referring to PC in your earlier comment. What does PS5 have to do with it?

'weaponized' is an odd choice of words here.

I also compared with Rage because it was the first new IP for idsoftware and Carmack, and I appreciate Todd has a great following from his games, but his reputation might be trending lower, today than in years gone by.

It was a weird, baseless comparison. Different genres, different developed, different pre-release hype.

Ozriel

M$FT
Good joke, 90% will get it on the Game Pass subscription they already paid for so thats no sales whatsoever…I mean are Xbox really this stupid? Gamepass cannibalises sales of every game on it. No doubt subscribers will shoot up at launch but thats it.

They WANT Gamepass subscribers. Why would you imagine people playing it on GP is a bad outcome for them?

Also very likely that, just like FH5, a lot of folks pay more for the Premium edition add on to play early and for the first expansion. We famously had more than a million paid players on Forza Horizon 5 before the actual release date.

Gojiira

They WANT Gamepass subscribers. Why would you imagine people playing it on GP is a bad outcome for them?

Also very likely that, just like FH5, a lot of folks pay more for the Premium edition add on to play early and for the first expansion. We famously had more than a million paid players on Forza Horizon 5 before the actual release date.
Mhmm and a £10 subscription is nowhere near as profitable as a £70 purchase, pretty straightforward bud..See people generally buy expansions etc for games they enjoy ANYWAY so no matter how they word it or spin it, they wont be breaking any sales records when majority are getting the game for ‘free’

Ozriel

M$FT
Mhmm and a £10 subscription is nowhere near as profitable as a £70 purchase, pretty straightforward bud..See people generally buy expansions etc for games they enjoy ANYWAY so no matter how they word it or spin it, they wont be breaking any sales records when majority are getting the game for ‘free’

I'm not sure most people are getting done with Skyrim in a month.

Subscription services can be notoriously sticky. Join for Starfield, stay to keep playing Starfield and other games on the service. That's what Microsoft is counting on.

If you buy an expansion for a game, odds are you aren't going to cancel your subscription after one month.

You've also completely lost the context of the article. This is about quarterly revenue for the entire Xbox division, so i'm not sure where you're getting the 'sales record' talking point from.

The article says Microsoft is forecasting July - September 2023 to be better than any July-September in Xbox division history, at least for the past decade. The article says nothing about record breaking sales for Starfield.

midnightAI

So as you sell more consoles you sell more subscriptions so you make more revenue? Gotcha, what's this got to do with Starfield though?

(Yes, I know, Starfield will sell well before anyone starts)

PaintTinJr

I think this will sell more on PC than on the Xbox consoles. And it might increase gamepass on PC adoption, even if it's just people buying a one month trial.
How do you think the chase for 60fps on PC will play into the game's sales vs gamepass. IIRC it is 30fps on consoles, so with the high PC spec of the series S being for 30fps in the 1440p range, Do you think B2P customers on steam will accept 30fps, or run below Series S resolution/settings, or limit the PC B2P customers to higher end hardware, potentially lowering B2P, and raising PC gamepass by the FOMO on lesser hardware?

Pelta88

Yeah, I don't think the implication of this article is right.

This is from The Verge. If anything, the forecasts are lower than I expected, especially considering the $800 million decline in revenue.

ulS5DsK.jpg

When I read the article and took a look at the actual numbers, projections, and guidance... You could see the stark difference between this article and the reality. TWeaktown posting nonsense and obfuscation isn't a new phenomenon.

That said, this is classic PR from Microsoft. XBOX has been down quarter after quarter since the start of the generation. Their revenue, and hardware has been so bad XB series is running behind the debacle that was XB1.

So any up tick, literally any up tick can be spun as a "record." Especially if your projected growth is "Mid to single digits."

Ozriel

M$FT
When I read the article and took a look at the actual numbers, projections, and guidance... You could see the stark difference between this article and the reality. TWeaktown posting nonsense and obfuscation isn't a new phenomenon.

That said, this is classic PR from Microsoft. XBOX has been down quarter after quarter since the start of the generation. Their revenue, and hardware has been so bad XB series is running behind the debacle that was XB1.

So any up tick, literally any up tick can be spun as a "record." Especially if your projected growth is "Mid to single digits."

Microsoft CFO publishes quarterly forecasts for the entire company, . One small section has 'Gaming revenue growth in mid single digits' written there.

Tweaktown clickbait article: "Microsoft is on course for a record July - September quarter"

You: "This is classic Microsoft PR"

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Even the damn chart in the article shows that their Q1 FY gaming revenue is running higher than anytime else in the past decade. Certainly better than in the XB1 generation.

Last edited:
You should call MS and tell them that they’re doing it wrong. They clearly haven’t thought this through.

Ar¢tos

I think September gamepass numbers will be the only numbers we'll get out of Xbox this year.
Hopefully they'll keep at least until the end of the year.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Just out of interest, I entered a few recent high profile releases and upcoming games into Google Trends, which can be used for comparative keyword research and to discover event-triggered spikes in keyword search volume.

Now, if a user searches for "Spider-man 2" or "Spiderman 2" (no hyphen), then the results are skewed for the product as Google Trends will recognise them as two different keyword search terms.

For transparency, I entered the keywords for the games that I believed had the broadest range I.e. not everyone will include the hyphen when searching for Spider-Man. Certainly, you could query and collate all keywords for the product but I honestly didn't want to go that deep. This activity was to kill 10 mins on a Sunday morning.

Final Fantasy was the keyword queried. This returned all searches (not simply FF16). FF 16 could be queried many different ways - FF16, FFXVI, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy XVI etc. I picked the broadest term.

Spiderman was queried without the hyphen. This query return was quite low - it's highly possible that people just searched "Spiderman" as opposed to "Spiderman 2". There are many variations to how this could be searched I.e. Spider-Man 2

Zelda was the single keyword. No subtitle. This was an absolute monster and dominated the other queries.

Starfield was the single keyword becuase the game does not have a subtitle or numbered entry.

waRfxK4.png

What can be concluded from this? Likely nothing LOL, but it was interesting to try and put the high profile releases into context
🫡
You need to select "Video Game" instead of "Search Term" if you want anything relevant.
How do you think the chase for 60fps on PC will play into the game's sales vs gamepass. IIRC it is 30fps on consoles, so with the high PC spec of the series S being for 30fps in the 1440p range, Do you think B2P customers on steam will accept 30fps, or run below Series S resolution/settings, or limit the PC B2P customers to higher end hardware, potentially lowering B2P, and raising PC gamepass by the FOMO on lesser hardware?
You think the "high" PC spec targets Series S settings ???????? That even the "Recommended" PC spec is for 1440p 30fps ??

Most people on PC will play Starfield at 1080p 60fps simply because that's the resolution of 62% of primary monitors on Steam according to the last hardware survey.

Mr.Phoenix

Realistically, they probably have seen enough of the pre-launch gears moving to make a solid prediction that they are going to have a great quarter. Assuming this is a projection directly from MS, was this part of their guidance to investors or what?

Good for them, Starfield looks like one of the biggest and most cohesive space sandboxes we've ever gotten. Looking forward to it.
If this is just some click baiting no one... well.. no shit..

If this is directly from MS... they need to just shut up and let the game release first and speak for them. You don't see Playstation or Nintendo talking about how xx quarter is going to be the best ever on the eve of any of their major titles' releasing.

X-Wing

OK. I don't understand your point? The games going to make billions for MS in revenue no matter what.

We've literally got people in here saying they are going to sub for one month so it's going to increase game ass too.
ha ha simpsons GIF

Also Microsoft is always saying and expecting things. 9/10 doesn't become reality. Who cares.
Its also weird to be talking about a record Q1 when the game releases on Q4... But fine.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It’s going to sell more than just games for sure. Merchandise is where the real money is… just ask Falcom.

Ozriel

M$FT
I think September gamepass numbers will be the only numbers we'll get out of Xbox this year.

Best you'll get is player count :messenger_beaming:

At least Steam CCUs and 'Best of Steam 2023' page will show Starfield's popularity (or failure) and relative revenue.

Also Microsoft is always saying and expecting things. 9/10 doesn't become reality. Who cares.
Its also weird to be talking about a record Q1 when the game releases on Q4... But fine.

If you bothered to read the article, you'd see that 'Q1 FY24 = July - September 2023. Or that Microsoft isn't the one talking about a 'record quarter'.

Not saying they are doing it wrong, they want subscribers and thats fine, but a subscription is not a sale, end of.

Has anyone called a subscription a sale?

PaintTinJr

You need to select "Video Game" instead of "Search Term" if you want anything relevant.

You think the "high" PC spec targets Series S settings ???????? That even the "Recommended" PC spec is for 1440p 30fps ??

Most people on PC will play Starfield at 1080p 60fps simply because that's the resolution of 62% of primary monitors on Steam according to the last hardware survey.
AFAIK the game uses a deferred render engine which is the reason they can't even offer a 60fps at lower resolution at launch option for the XSX - which has a GPU with at least double the Series S performance in real terms.

And AFAIK the Series S version is using a lower dynamic resolution for the native frame-bufferto scale upto 1440p30. If a newish RDNA GPU with 4-ish TF/s - more than 6TF/s of GCN - is at that target, using a high clocked 8 core mobile Ryzen 3 CPU (10GB RAM, effectively a 6GB of VRAM) and PCIe4 nvme for directstorage, what game settings changes and hardware will the default 1080p60 on PC require? and how many of the Steam customers will have hardware to run like that? assuming they are all B2P pc gamers and not going to sub for 1month on gamepass.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Best you'll get is player count :messenger_beaming:
I’d love a player count! Used to follow the Forza Horizon 5 first achievement count, was fun seeing the millions go up! 🚀
I hope there is something similar for Starfield, an achievement after the step out moment 👌

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You plan to play a big open world RPG for just 1 month?

I played Elden Ring during the whole 2022, multiple playthroughs, played a lot in 2023 too and just got interested for another playthrough after some talk with Danjin44 Danjin44 .

And Starfield is made by Bethesda. I still play Skyrim occasionally 12 years after the release, still trying new mods, play in VR, and still haven’t gone through it all.

I fully expect Starfield to be my main game for the rest of the year and maybe carve some small breaks in the middle to play other games like Spider Man etc.

Top Bottom