• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Windows 8 BUILD Conference 2011 |OT| 9/13-9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
Damon Bennet said:
they have not released windows phone mango to the public yet, there will be no wp8 at this point.

Not wp8, I want to hear about WM8

Give me back my stylus MS!

jambo

I just watched the //build/ keynote.

Wow, blown away. It's been a long time since a Microsoft keynote has impressed and excited me this much.

Can't fucking wait for Windows 8!

kehs

Banned
As I was using it last night, it was the first time I've felt like I was using an HUD that was made specifically for movies.

Totakeke

Seems like NDA has expired for Windows Server 8? Here's an article hyping it.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/windows-server-8-the-ultimate-cloud-os/18594

Microsoft demonstrated the ability to literally “beam” — a la Star Trek — a virtual machine between two Hyper-V hosts with only an IP connection.

A VM on a developer’s laptop hard disk running on Hyper-V was sent over Wi-Fi to another Hyper-V server without any downtime — all we saw was a single dropped PING packet. We also observed the ability of Hyper-V to do live migrations across different subnets, with multiple live migrations being queued up and transferring simultaneously.

clav

At least it seems like this speaker is more prepped than yesterday's.

Better slides.

No awkward pauses.

clav

Worms clone running through Windows Azure (cloud) between PC and Windows Phone 7.

Nice WP7 phone prototype.

I want a WP7, a Windows 8 Tablet, a Windows 8 Ultrabook and a Windows 8 PC.
But I don't have 3500 euro's :[

Edit: The livestream link isn't working for me, any alternatives?

clav

Sweet. Finding code within a project without using exact syntax.
HollovVpo1nt said:
I want a WP7, a Windows 8 Tablet, a Windows 8 Ultrabook and a Windows 8 PC.
But I don't have 3500 euro's :[

Edit: The livestream link isn't working for me, any alternatives?

Try the VLC method listed in the OP. Instructions are under the Windows logo.

Wow these debugging tools are incredible.

I watched a bit of the Visual Studio 11 stuff, looks pretty neat. Especially the stuff they showed for game debugging, where you can make screenshots and then click on any pixel of that and see how it came to be (all the method calls etc). I haven't done much graphics programming yet but I imagine that it could be very useful.

Jadedx

Banned
Can someone give me a link to yesterday's conference, I saw one yesterday that was not the buildwindows website but it was still silverlight. I searched the thread but it either got taken down or I just missed the link.

Raistlin

Jeez ... MS is just been ridiculous that last few years. Their tools and services are really heading towards god-tier.

This access control/credential shit is awesome.

This credential thing is pretty cool-sounding. This universal syncing of settings/identities is going to be ridiculous.

TO THE CLOUD

Raistlin

ColtraineGF said:
This credential thing is pretty cool-sounding. This universal syncing of settings/identities is going to be ridiculous.
And it's about time. Can't wait for the digital world to finally move up into the 21st century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom