• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Finalow

i n v a l i d b o y s

seems to be back in full force? I had at least 5 or 6 invalids out of 10 matches, all coming from japanese players.

Creepy.
CawzfaHVAAAP156.jpg:large

i n v a l i d b o y s

seems to be back in full force? I had at least 5 or 6 invalids out of 10 matches, all coming from japanese players.
It is in full force, but it's not some crazy hack.
Major network bug. I've caused a bunch myself.
Seems to happen about 50% of the time when you "Give Up" during a long attack animation.

Finalow

Major network bug. I've caused a bunch myself.
Seems to happen about 50% of the time when you "Give Up" during a long attack animation.
I knew about that but it never worked before/in the more recent cups, now for some reason it does?

whatever, I'll just get to S, grab my energy and stop bothering with it.

having major issue where i'm playing the game and my phone acts like its not detecting my finger presses. so it turns off screen and goes to the standby mode.

Visceir

Loads of people seem very frustrated with pvp, I'm glad I bailed out when I did.

I saw some notice about removing gift codes and friend requests soon. Are they killing the game or what?

I wouldn't be all too worried about them shutting down the game since they still talk about new content, but they are trying to cut down their costs for sure.

There's no reason why they can't just send gifts straight to your inbox rather than having you type in codes.

Guess this also means that any future magazine deals are extremely unlikely.

Definitely feels like they are putting in minimum effort while focusing their main workforce on a new game. All these recycled events...

Loads of people seem very frustrated with pvp, I'm glad I bailed out when I did.
Yeah, making it under rank 1000 is pointless with current issues.
Getting to S rank for the 5 energy is still pretty easy though. I wouldn't skip on that.

I saw some notice about removing gift codes and friend requests soon. Are they killing the game or what?
I'm going to assume they're revamping the system with the new UI.
If not, then wtf.

duckroll

Not a good sign for the long term health of the service, but I think we'll still be good for at least another 6 months plus given what they've announced. At the very least, it should make it to the 2nd anniversary. Lol.

I tried this for record keeper once and it didn't stick, but since this has co op, would anyone be interested if I set up a discord server for chatting and co op setups?

duckroll

Now that I have cleared the PoF, is there any difference between using CC1 and CC3 for skillboosting? CC1 costs so much less stamina...

Finally manged to beat storm witch. Woo. Got Koko and Lucia ready to recode after some leveling. Time to start working on a helix stockpile for a few more after that.

Seems to be up, except the new expected coop.
Puzzle Quest, PoTx10 event, Nakupi Z.
The PoT pulls also gives 2 free companions. Pretty awesome.

0229_YamamotoP-thumb-650xauto-1695.png

duckroll

Recoded Nakupi, so I have a new character to train, but that will have to wait, because I'm spending all my stamina on PUZZLE QUEST... which is surprisingly fun!

Foolworm

Did my ten pull!

New: Rejin, Amina.

Dupes: Korin, Unasag, Samupi, Grace, Macuri x2, Opari, Zan.

New eidolon, new quest, new units. It's a good day for TB. NakupiZ looks like the old guy in Tron Legacy.

Staab

Bah, did a 10-pull and got 0 new (Rejin and Suoh as specials), sad about that...

The puzzle quest thing is pretty fun though !

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
People, save your energy, don't pull until they introduce the Kozaki character. C'mon!
So pull never :/

Even I pulled and I've been waiting forever and don't actually play... and still don't have the motivation after. Got back Lewtwo and new Jennish, also got new Nakupi and Manmer; only missing 1 A class now

Recoded Nakupi, so I have a new character to train, but that will have to wait, because I'm spending all my stamina on PUZZLE QUEST... which is surprisingly fun!

I do not understand how i'm supposed to get enough hits in to kill the boss in so few turns. It's really hard.

I do not understand how i'm supposed to get enough hits in to kill the boss in so few turns. It's really hard.
The first few rounds before he appears is meant to have you setup same colored blocks.
Then you pop them in his face.

It's still hard though.
S/L is your friend, since it costs so much stamina before you can replay. :p

kiyoaki

Line up two vertical columns on the margins of the field, each with five or six monsters of the same color, but only hit them right after the boss appears. That'll reduce his HP by roughly 80%, and you only need one or two more hits. It works quite well and is worth it, you get some tears & particles and possibly an XP otomo.
Time extensions help if you feel it takes too much time to sort the monsters.

I recoded Nakupi, his skill set looks interesting. His magic defense boost might make a difference in VS matches.

Line up two vertical columns on the margins of the field, each with five or six monsters of the same color, but only hit them right after the boss appears. That'll reduce his HP by roughly 80%, and you only need one or two more hits. It works quite well and is worth it, you get some tears & particles and possibly an XP otomo.
Time extensions help if you feel it takes too much time to sort the monsters.

I recoded Nakupi, his skill set looks interesting. His magic defense boost might make a difference in VS matches.

XP otomo sounds amazing. Does he drop on both difficulties?

Eh, it's just another type of metal minion, nothing too special. Its official name is Glassy Minion ^. I haven't tried Puzzle Quest II yet, 40 stamina is a lot, and it looks so daunting.

I looked that up after saying that and was immediately sad. I thought you meant something that gave bonus xp like one of the idols.

I looked that up after saying that and was immediately sad. I thought you meant something that gave bonus xp like one of the idols.
Puzzle Quest's overall reception would've been less disappointing if it was added as a daily challenge for materials, instead of a full blown event.

It's fun and well designed, but just out of place as an event with its subpar reward.

Puzzle Quest's overall reception would've been less disappointing if it was added as a daily challenge for materials, instead of a full blown event.

It's fun and well designed, but just out of place as an event with its subpar reward.

To be fair it has a pretty damn good drop rate on tears etc.

duckroll

I think Puzzle Quest's "reception" has the same problem any new content in Terra Battle has - people are not really rating it based on how good the actual content is but rather they expect something that would completely change the game and make it alive again when it is just another small piece of content. Lol.

Staab

Just had enough for another 10-pull thanks to the new week rewards !
And it was pretty good... Bonna and Pupropé, as well as Burbaba, last missing A.

duckroll

Anyone managed to beat Puzzle Quest 2 yet? I can handle 1 pretty well now, but 2 is really tough. Not being able to kill enemies with just 2 pincer characters really shakes things up.

Meeps

Anyone managed to beat Puzzle Quest 2 yet? I can handle 1 pretty well now, but 2 is really tough. Not being able to kill enemies with just 2 pincer characters really shakes things up.

It doesn't seem humanly possible without using a Time Extension. Even then, I had to reset a lot before I finally lucked out.

The strategy is pretty much the same. Line up chains in the left and right columns. If you have extra turns before the boss appears, pincer full columns of junk (initiate with the weapon units whenever possible) to hopefully spawn in more of the colors that you need. Maybe I'm missing something, but it still feels like total RNG luck.

It doesn't seem humanly possible without using a Time Extension. Even then, I had to reset a lot before I finally lucked out.

The strategy is pretty much the same. Line up chains in the left and right columns. If you have extra turns before the boss appears, pincer full columns of junk (initiate with the weapon units whenever possible) to hopefully spawn in more of the colors that you need. Maybe I'm missing something, but it still feels like total RNG luck.

I was hoping for more out of the event than what it delivered. I really thought it was going to be more of "figure out how to complete an objective within X turns" with more than 2 stages, rather than a mechanically unique farming stage thing like it is. I wish it was more substantial.too.

Top Bottom