• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

It doesn't seem humanly possible without using a Time Extension. Even then, I had to reset a lot before I finally lucked out.

The strategy is pretty much the same. Line up chains in the left and right columns. If you have extra turns before the boss appears, pincer full columns of junk (initiate with the weapon units whenever possible) to hopefully spawn in more of the colors that you need. Maybe I'm missing something, but it still feels like total RNG luck.

Hmmm... I didn't even think about using time extension. Thanks for the heads up. I agree it's very RNG based though. I've had some attempts where I almost won because I got really good lineups from the start, and some which were a dud from the start because the colors were too spread out. The biggest problem I have is not lining up the colors, but lining up the colors with the characters in the right placement so I can actually kill the row in a single pincer. It's easy in Puzzle Quest 1 but a total bitch in Puzzle Quest 2.

You make me miss my early days when playing through all that story content and be in awe with those tough bosses.

Actually, that boss wasn't so difficult. :eek:
ZNq4he0.jpg

Is what I have, besides some other D Class drops. I just can't do enough damage it seems.

Edit: it was actually 9-3 and I was going in without a healer to chain heal while attacking. I was trying to brute force it lol.

Foolworm

Whoa, Golem dungeon is coming tomorrow. I'll probably be running puzzle quest though since companion exp bonus event is next week.

Raijin is coming next week too. MW unloading on all fronts here, wow.

duckroll

Finally managed to get a Gold Minion from Puzzle Quest 2. That felt great. The Time Extension really helped. :)

Now I'm ready for the Golem Dungeon tomorrow!

Visceir

Hit the 500 days login bonus couple days ago. Sitting at ~170 energy right now.

The lack of new characters in PoT, giving a people a reason to pull/buy more energy is very puzzling.

Staab

Who the hell has a squad for a golem 4? (Difficulty 80, and c-class and below) And what about Golem 2&3 quests?

LOL, what a weird requirement, I certainly don't have a team ready for that !

And I have no idea where quest 2 and 3 are... I recruited the Golem in quest 1 but they didn't appear either.
Maybe there's some kind of time limit since Golem 1 ends in 6days ?

duckroll

Golem 4 is super hard because it's for impatient people who want the upgrades now. Otherwise when Golem 1 expires in 6 days Golem 2 will appear, and after that Golem 3. Those will have higher class allowances and be easier.

Any tips on Raijin besides obvious dark Mage ? Got him down to like 5% and didn't care to use energy with randoms.
Haven't had time to play much.
Only beaten R1. R2 drained all my stamina.

Weird fight. I like how you need to avoid wires and those cloud's breath attack, but feels a bit too RNG depending on how clouds move and those capsules pop up.

Also feels like Raijin has way too much HP in the first difficulty.

duckroll

Any tips on Raijin besides obvious dark Mage ? Got him down to like 5% and didn't care to use energy with randoms.

I've only done R1 and R2 so far. The most important thing is to know where to pincer, and to have one player with Eileen on the team to put the thundercloud to sleep. Always pincer Raijin such that you won't get barbwired, depending on the location of the spikes.

Aexact

Wearing defensive abilities seems key. Capsules and Anti-Lighting shield might be worthwhile over tier 1 or 2 attacks. Radiant Shield (Lighting Shield) is also useful to help important characters survive (Companion EXP event on now!)

And yeah, the thing that blows you around can be put to sleep but the only person who has that ability in Rajin 2 is Eileen.

The problem with this start is that you're at the mercy of where the capsules spawn. It's neat that you're frantically trying to collect the capsules that are still safe to grab but sometimes you don't generate enough lightning resist and Rajin kills some people right at the start of the battle. The horizontal row for fences is especially troublesome since I can't move fast enough to double pincer with that setup. At least not without Control Time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I got my account back today! After the announcement that Monster Strike is dropping all online co-op, I said fuck them. After an email to support with some info, I got my account back here and am going to start playing again.

I need a little help, though. I'm on chapter 20 and this is what my "box" looks like. What should I be actually doing right now? I'm sort of lost.

Golem 4 is super hard because it's for impatient people who want the upgrades now. Otherwise when Golem 1 expires in 6 days Golem 2 will appear, and after that Golem 3. Those will have higher class allowances and be easier.

So I took a party of beastmen mooks to 80+ and killed the golem IV a few times. He's probably easier than golem 2-3, and as long as you have the mooks over 80 you should be good to go.

Since there's only 6 days left, if anyone needs to power level you mooks from 70-80, take 5 of them to 24-4 and one SS or Z class mage. Repeat until satisfied. Since they are low class, they level really fast.

My full party was:

Beastfolk Healer
Beastfolk Warrior
Beastfolk Knight
Beastfolk Archer
Beastfolk Mage (fire)
and Dark Tortise.

I used the turtle as a second healer, who can heal when seal staff is up.

Also is Golem IV the only one that drops the companions? He can drop Orichalcum Sword and Staff which are at the top of their respective upgrade chains and give equip +10% atk / mag

Quazar

IM racing for deadlines on 3&4. I'm in 70s for four. I only need a few more for 3, where they are ten levels shy right now.

Finally won my first vs battle 😃

Finalow

remember Matsuno world? I don't, MW doesn't either

I'm just waiting for the inevitable (some would say forthcoming) death of the game at this point.

duckroll

I hate Golem now. It was fun at first, but the class restrictions made it more and more grindy. I hate slowly chipping away at an enemy. At least I got everything for Job 3 now. Skillboost can fuck off. Not even going to use him. Lol.

I hate Golem now. It was fun at first, but the class restrictions made it more and more grindy. I hate slowly chipping away at an enemy. At least I got everything for Job 3 now. Skillboost can fuck off. Not even going to use him. Lol.

Giving your mooks a weapon with an extra skill on it helps a lot. It might be worth doing a few more times for the orichalcum rod / sword drops. I got 2 of each. Free atk +10% equip and they give good stat boosts.

So what's the point to golem 3? It only drops parchment which is same as 4,correct? I'm 0/5 on golem 4....
Golem I, II and III are just easier options to get Golem Job3.

Golem IV has all the materials, let's you get SB% and also has some Orichalcum sword/rod companions as drops.

Overall, Golem IV is not really worth the trouble.

Quazar

Golem I, II and III are just easier options to get Golem Job3.

Golem IV has all the materials, let's you get SB% and also has some Orichalcum sword/rod companions as drops.

Overall, Golem IV is not really worth the trouble.

I see. I've did golem 4 6 or 7 times and no parchments. Wtf! All I've gotten is two clays and ignorant fleas lol

Quazar

Anyone up for teaming up on Terra battle eidolons going forward? Public rooms are really hit and miss. My brother plays as well. He has a GAF account here as well.

duckroll

Anyone up for teaming up on Terra battle eidolons going forward? Public rooms are really hit and miss. My brother plays as well. He has a GAF account here as well.

Coordinating a time is a pain in the ass, but if the schedule matches up, I'm game. The problem with Eidolons is that the higher level ones in particular have a big time investment for each run, and each player needs to know their roles well. The ones I need to upgrade are Raijin 2 and 3, Lamia 2 and 3, and Phoenix 3. I have everything else, but wouldn't mind helping out.

duckroll

They announced the next Terra Battle Bar Stream on Nico. This Saturday, 9pm in Japan. Come on everyone, believe in MATSUNO WORLD!

They announced the next Terra Battle Bar Stream on Nico. This Saturday, 9pm in Japan. Come on everyone, believe in MATSUNO WORLD!
TB forum has translated some of the preview for 3.8.0 - 4.0.0 updates.

Especially this pic:
17rrcvs.jpg

Basically shows ~9 possible new characters and a new dragon descended.

Also, free Amina SS for new players. Free SS.

TB forum has translated some of the preview for 3.8.0 - 4.0.0 updates.

Especially this pic:
12028875_10201353353951381_9064729823266980943_o-jpg.5495

Basically shows ~9 possible new characters and a new dragon descended.

Also, free Amina SS for new players. Free SS.

Thats Gatz Lambda as well

Looks like 2 new elements, gravity and light?

Skill names:
Shine
Banish
???
Holy

Heavy
Gravity
???
Higgs

GordonShumway

Neo Member
So, I've realized that I've never done the hard version of 34-10. I should probably attempt that at some point. Is there a basic strategy to that boss? Should I concentrate on physical or magic attackers?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So, I've realized that I've never done the hard version of 34-10. I should probably attempt that at some point. Is there a basic strategy to that boss? Should I concentrate on physical or magic attackers?
I used only one magic to clear stray mobs; otherwise bring a healer and your strongest physical attackers. The battle took a while way back when so expect a battle of attrition.

duckroll

MATSUNO WORLD IS COMING! MUSIC BY SAKIMOTO CONFIRMED! TWO NEW CHARACTERS IN MATSUNO WORK DESIGNED BY KOZAKI!

CHAPTER 35+ STORY CAMPAIGN COMING! LIZARDFOLK HOME PLANET!

ALL HAIL SAKAGUCHI!

Quazar

MATSUNO WORLD IS COMING! MUSIC BY SAKIMOTO CONFIRMED! TWO NEW CHARACTERS IN MATSUNO WORK DESIGNED BY KOZAKI!

ALL HAIL SAKAGUCHI!

Thanks for info! I guess I can start a Google docs and everyone can put times available and what they're seeking to do coop wise.

Folstern

ALL HAIL SAKAGUCHI!
I was beginning to think this would never come to pass...

Now all I need is a new phone that won't crash after every second battle.

Raijin III finally get!
CeN9Gy2WEAA_P5z.jpg

I actually had an easy time finding and hosting full random co-op games, but mostly during hours when all of jp ain't asleep.

Visceir

Going by this picture it seems like the larger group of new characters seems to be drawn by some other artist. Hope the designs won't be all too awful looking.

8sHnVOD.jpg

Top Bottom