• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

iosefe

A cartridge version of the game wouldn't have a problem because the hunter save data would stay with the cartridge. But a copy from the e-shop is basically welded to the 3DS and a system transfer is an all-or-nothing thing at the moment.
Oh thank god. Physical was the plan

tuffy

does picking quest>abandoning work with the wycoon?

I need spider webs since I spent all farming rajang's horns.
I'm pretty sure abandoning a quest does cycle the Wycoon's stock. If not, the Mega Potion delivery quest certainly would and doesn't take much longer.

Mephala

The last time I fought a Rajang was in MHFU. I farmed the mad cow to death back then. I'm looking forward to seeing some of his new tricks to be honest, he already demonstrated that he can bounce like a ball. :D

Actually... My strategy for Rajang was to use the GS. Not sure how viable it is here. Not that it matters right now. I have none of the weapons I was confident using against him at the moment.

tuffy

The meat one is much faster since you can just enter the mission with the meat and immediately deliver it.
The Mega Potion one is the same since you can bring them with you, turn one in at the box, and get it back in the rewards. Having some sort of trivial quest to pass time seems like a Monster Hunter tradition, though I'm almost certain it's not needed just to cycle the Wycoon stock just like it's not needed to cycle advanced quests.

Roubjon

Is there any chance there will be a regular New 3DS bundle with MHG? Part of me wants to upgrade my 3DSXL because i'm so sick of the giant screen and blown up resolution, and the game just runs so much better on the New 3DS.

Anteo

Hunting brachidios for days but no Brach Pallium
Cut the tail to 3 Deviljho on expedition, not even kill them because I have not enough daamge, gets 4 Devijho Crooks
Sure why not

Hunting brachidios for days but no Brach Pallium
Cut the tail to 3 Deviljho on expedition, not even kill them because I have not enough daamge, gets 4 Devijho Crooks
Sure why not

palliums have nothing on nuclear reactors bro

also hunt raging dios instead of normal one. A very tiny bit of higher droprate. Besides you can farm both at the same time since you WILL need the reactor for the final upgrades

Anteo

also hunt raging dios instead of normal one. A very tiny bit of higher droprate. Besides you can farm both at the same time since you WILL need the reactor for the final upgrades

Yeah but I need to go through Diablos and Black Diablos first, no ty, i dont want any of that yet.

Anteo

they are actually pretty easy with charge blade.

Diablos was super nerfed, b.diablos is good though, but white monoblos and apex is where the tyrant is.

Yeah but I dont play by myself, and I shudder to think what magic I will have to do to keep my friend alive in that one. Plus I want to get a new armor asap, this Nargacuga armor is teaching me so many bad habits its not funny

I still need a reactor for my blast longsword zzz

If anyone wants to do some raging brach, I'd be up for it later today (in like 4 hours+)

I think I can.

Anyone knows what skills are good for Dual Swords? My take is HG earplugs, sharpness +1/honed blade, razor sharp/steady hand as must haves. Not taking into account some weaponds don't need the sharpness +1 though.

I need to move away from IG/CB for a while. I did do a lot of DS/Lance in 3U, I'm a bit eh on GS.

Anyone have one of those weeks where you just can't find a good room? I get insta-kicked from about a third of the rooms I join (my MH etiquette is actually something I'm weirdly proud of, so it's not like I'm being an asshole), any time a group fails I'm getting kicked despite not carting, doing more than my fair share of the damage, not tripping or launching people, not being a dick about things... I just don't get it. I know people can be weird when they have control of a room and blame anyone but themselves for mistakes but I seem to be encountering it so much more than usual the last week.

Mephala

Anyone have one of those weeks where you just can't find a good room? I get insta-kicked from about a third of the rooms I join (my MH etiquette is actually something I'm weirdly proud of, so it's not like I'm being an asshole), any time a group fails I'm getting kicked despite not carting, doing more than my fair share of the damage, not tripping or launching people, not being a dick about things... I just don't get it. I know people can be weird when they have control of a room and blame anyone but themselves for mistakes but I seem to be encountering it so much more than usual the last week.

Took me a while to get into a room without getting kicked last night. Finally found a group that didn't kick me for fun... possibly because they were already in a mission. Any ways, decided to wait it out and when they came back we were good to go. The room was for 8* key missions. I had soloed most of them but figured I would help out if they can help me with Sergy. Well, the host pretty much wanted to run through all the 8* quests and unlock his urgent first... Fine, he didn't have that many to go any way. So I spent 5 or so hunts with this team, then knock out his Sergy and his mate's Sergy and then my turn! Woohoo! *disconnected*

:(

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
There will definitely maybe be a n3DS bundle for Gen. I'm expecting the XL though
MH4U got one, I'd say there's a good chance MHG gets the same treatment.

GAF give me the strength to resist buying it for I already bought the MH4U one.

I'd be down for a collector's edition with a nice figure from the Creator's Model line. Pretty please.

SAC

Neo Member

i know the exact feeling of going sizeable stretches of time where it seems you just can't find a decent room... as someone who made it to gold crown exclusively playing with randoms (only got my gaf account a handful of months ago), there were times in that journey where it seemed that no matter what, i couldn't find a group that didn't cart an unreasonable amount, immediately give up if someone did cart or the quest failed, or were selfish buttholes who would immediately join the room, choose a quest they need, and then leave if i refused to let them boss me around in MY room.... i still play here and there but when i do, its quite sporadic. that being said, people on here seem pretty willing to hunt, so maybe try recruiting some gaf hunters?

i'm really hyped for Generations and when that comes out, i'm gonna be playing a lot and hopefully playing with you all =)

Shengar

Most randoms are bad. The lack of proper chat, and rooms make it even worse. But my best game still is sub-10 lvl dual rajangs with only three of us in a random room.

Kinsei

Banned

It's been like that after a while in every online MH I've played. For the first year or so everyone gets along well but once people start thinking they are good it's just kicks left and right for the smallest thing like what armor set you're wearing or what weapon you're using. I remember back in Tri people were kicked just for using sword and shield because obviously everyone that uses SnS sucks and can't pull their own weight or something. It's ridiculous.

tuffy

I spent most of my 4U time online in GAF rooms, and I'll probably do the same with MHG. The variable skill and etiquette of randoms sometimes makes them stressful to deal with.

I think that's my biggest problem to be honest, I got sidetracked with 4U very shortly after release (was literally HR2 when I stopped playing) and it's only in the last 3 weeks to so I've jumped back in, but I've been playing almost exclusively with randoms. I'll make a point of clearing out a bunch of inactive people from my friends list and putting together a solid GAF list for Generations' release, because this is pretty unbearable.

If I have to choose between attack up and challenger, which one should I go for? Trying to make a DB set, my best one so far is Attack Up (XL), HG Earplugs, Sharpness+1, Razor Sharp.

I'd love to get something like Attack Up (XL)/Challenger+2/Honed Blade (to negate having to use Sharpness+1), HG Earplugs and some kind of evasion +1 or maybe marathon just for kicks.

If I have to choose between attack up and challenger, which one should I go for? Trying to make a DB set, my best one so far is Attack Up (XL), HG Earplugs, Sharpness+1, Razor Sharp.

I'd love to get something like Attack Up (XL)/Challenger+2/Honed Blade (to negate having to use Sharpness+1), HG Earplugs and some kind of evasion +1 or maybe marathon just for kicks.

This is a pretty solid video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVrUBUEbW_g
Honestly should've just answered your question instead of being lazy. Challenger 2 is AuXL + 20% affinity some affinity (like 30% maybe?), so Challenger 2 is better, especially at higher level monsters which rage easily. Honed Blade and AuX don't stack. Therefore, you want Sharpness + AuXL, which gives you the Sharpness and +20/25 raw, vs Honed Blade's Sharpess +20 raw assuming you want sharpness and the biggest damage boost you can get.

Unfortunately, AuXL is kind of a dick in a lot of sets, and Honed Blade tends to be more amiable if you have a solid charm (+4 OOO allows for a shit ton of variety). Generally, I'd recommend looking at Challenger 2 and Honed Blade first. If Honed Blade seems annoying, go for Sharpness +1 and then look in to the AuX skills and see what you can fit in. It's possible you'll end up not being able to get above AuL or AuM, in which case perhaps looking at another aggressive skill like weakness exploit or element up would be preferred.

Oh damn someone made a graphic:
GVkAvJF.png

Ok that helps a lot.

I guess I'll drop earplugs for Honed Blade, Razor Sharp and Challenger. I really like earplugs but I'll keep that for specific monsters that roar too much.

Yeah, I feel Tremor Res and (HG) Earplugs are really monster-specific. Especially with certain weapons being able to avoid roars by blocking or rolling or what have you. The only sets I think really benefit from Earplugs more universally are status sets, since getting those extra 1-2 procs of paralysis or sleep can be the difference between a fight being 30s longer.

Kard8p3

How alive is the community? I stopped playing a while back after one of the main missions (kill s. magala) but ive wanted to start playing it again recently. Only HR4 or so I believe.

tuffy

anyone know what monster is good to farm and sell parts to make a lot of money?

I'm making a bunch of DBs but I spent the money fast.
Akantor parts are usually what people farm for quick funds. Even his common high rank stuff sells for around 5K apiece.

Mephala

I'm currently just using the CB since it is the only weapon I've got at rare 7. I'm at 8* and looking to start building G-Rank armours. Any suggestions on where to start?

Edit.
I never thought I'd leave a room of competent hunters whilst having fun purely because of one hunter's chat text. This guy had custom messages for mounting or quest clear. I'm usually good at ignoring this stuff but man, I felt my soul being destroyed every time I read something.
Mount:
ITS HUMPING TIME!
Victory:
RAPED!

And back to solo play for a bit.

I had a guy like that in group a few days ago, very similar shoutouts to the ones you mentioned, others were just memes and he spammed it constantly through a long hunt while trolling other players. It was tragically childish. Jonathan I think his name was. Something starting with J.

Unrelared, somewhat. Anyone know how are the hitboxes of monsters on MHX/G? I think this game had a lot worse hitboxes than 3U, also overall less quality of monsters imo, mostly due to Gen 1/2 jank bullshit.

I could roll under Nargacuga on 3U, but Tigrex (most comparable) get a whole hitbox with its bite move to its torso. Roll below the wing and you still can get hit because the hitbox is just bigger. Rajang doing damage by jumping back (not bothersome but notable), something I honestly can't remember in 3U.

Actually scratch hitboxes, Gen 1/2 are easily the worst monsters in this. Dromes (their animation is so weird and bad) and Gravios stand out, however. Since Raths and Diablos got reworked in Tri really well, but other monsters didn't feel as good compared to Tri/3U imo.

Kinsei

Banned
Unrelared, somewhat. Anyone know how are the hitboxes of monsters on MHX/G? I think this game had a lot worse hitboxes than 3U, also overall less quality of monsters imo, mostly due to Gen 1/2 jank bullshit.

I could roll under Nargacuga on 3U, but Tigrex (most comparable) get a whole hitbox with its bite move to its torso. Roll below the wing and you still can get hit because the hitbox is just bigger. Rajang doing damage by jumping back (not bothersome but notable), something I honestly can't remember in 3U.

Actually scratch hitboxes, Gen 1/2 are easily the worst monsters in this. Dromes (their animation is so weird and bad) and Gravios stand out, however. Since Raths and Diablos got reworked in Tri really well, but other monsters didn't feel as good compared to Tri/3U imo.

I'm not sure on the overall hitboxes but there is another monster in Generations that can attack you by jumping back like Rajang, it's name is Blangonga.

Wiseblade

I'm currently just using the CB since it is the only weapon I've got at rare 7. I'm at 8* and looking to start building G-Rank armours. Any suggestions on where to start?

Edit.
I never thought I'd leave a room of competent hunters whilst having fun purely because of one hunter's chat text. This guy had custom messages for mounting or quest clear. I'm usually good at ignoring this stuff but man, I felt my soul being destroyed every time I read something.
Mount:
ITS HUMPING TIME!
Victory:
RAPED!

And back to solo play for a bit.
I generally enjoy custom mount quotes, but that one isn't too hot. But the I still crack a smile at "notice me sempai"I remember Gaijinhunter made a tumblr post asking people what their quotes were and thinking that some of the responses were hilarious. My current mount quote is "How did I get here?", which is PERFECT the two times I've mounted with a Bow.

Roubjon

I've picked it this up again after Generations was announced and I'm trying to farm the Stygian Zinogre, but most of the time the people I'm with fuck up. Twice it's been limping away and someone dies for the third time. If anyone wants to join me, let me know!

Edit: I love when the guy dies twice then quits out of the game. What a great guy.

Top Bottom