• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moviepass is back

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've done the Regal Unlimited one in the past. Before covid I went to the movies at least twice a week.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been in the beta for a couple of months. It's a pretty good deal - in my area the $10 plan either gets me 3 matinees, 2 evening shows, or 1 weekend movie. Tickets to my theater are $9.95 for every showing, so it's an okay deal and usually nets me a couple of theater trips a month for my $10. Basically, half price tickets. If I go to an evening show on a weekend, it's break-even though.

Your individual results may vary, depending on how many points the movies near you cost with Moviepass compared with how much ticket prices are.

chromhound

Im Back Wake Up GIF

bender

What time is it?
Seems convoluted. If it were 3 movies a month on my own terms for $10, I'd consider it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

I had no idea. This is a few days old but I was only just made aware of it through an email I just got. Did anyone use this when it originally came out?
I had the original.
I have had the new version since January and they rolled out the test crowd. It is fine for how much I see movies. I have a glut of points right now.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I considered their new plan, since I was among those who helped bleed them dry the first time around. But now theaters aren't very fun for me, they don't even show the clips telling audience members to silence their cell phones. Lots of people think it's okay to take out their phone to check the time, or to leave their phone on vibrate. Phone users ruined theaters for me.

Lasha

Seems convoluted. If it were 3 movies a month on my own terms for $10, I'd consider it.

I think we all would since it would be like seeing movies for free. I think I could make use of the 10$ tier if it were available in my country. Weekday afternoons are when I watch the most movies.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It is 3 if you do matinee, it is 2 if you do evening. 10 points for matinee show 15 points for late show.

Last edited:

NickFire

If I was at a different point in my life I would be very interested in this. Currently, between work and children who play sports year round, I just don't have any way to really maximize the value. Maybe in another 10 years though (if theaters are still around :messenger_anguished:)

bender

What time is it?
I think we all would since it would be like seeing movies for free. I think I could make use of the 10$ tier if it were available in my country. Weekday afternoons are when I watch the most movies.

You have an odd definition of free. I was a Movie Pass subscriber before they shit the bed and then moved to A-List. I'd never watch a matinee just like I'd never go to an opening or weekend movie. Monday-Thursdays nights were the best as the showings were mostly empty. I think the idea of these programs is more interesting in concept than in practice as there aren't enough movies released that interest me to be worthwhile and then I balance it against the value proposition. For the Moviepass offering, at the $10 tier, it would basically be BOGO for me which probably isn't incentive enough for me to want to return to theaters or have a subscription.

Top Bottom