• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Candy Swap 2012 |OT| (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyport

Wow Cyport! Your package arrived today and there's some awesome stuff here. Chips, cookies, some local treats, the best candy bar in the world (Yorkie with raisins), and even some Olympic mascots! I'm getting over being sick so I'll hold off until I'm well before I dig in. :)

Glad you got my package! You'll find it was from New York as I said I would post it from there :) and the return address in San Francisco! My brother lives there and I thought it would be easier to have the return address in the same country.

I got your package last week actually but I've been so busy I haven't had much time to post. It's amazing, I can't believe you got so much to fit in that box and for the cost too!

wkNB1.jpg

I got a lot of local stuff and nationally local stuff too, a lot of new sweets I haven't tried. I've eaten a few so far the pumpkin honey sweets are delicious and the peanut butter kit kat was amazing I will have to get this next time I'm in America. There are so many peanut sweets. Thankfully I'm the only one in my family who likes peanut sweets so they won't go missing!

I'm so glad to have done the candy swap and thanks for setting it up. Next time I'll do it again and will send a lot more :)

Yay, the candy is here! As you can see, my daughter is quite pleased.

nrh6o.jpg

Lots of great chocolate, Nutella and other hazelnut candies, cookies, gummies. No casualties except the Kinder Egg was broken. I love the weird stuff like that paper candy. Are you supposed to add that powder to seltzer water? Those licorice candies are pretty odd. I've only ever had chewy salty licorice, but the taste of these drops really stick around. I can't decide if I like them, but I must because I keep eating them!

Thanks, weird, a great swap!

notworksafe

Glad you got my package! You'll find it was from New York as I said I would post it from there :) and the return address in San Francisco! My brother lives there and I thought it would be easier to have the return address in the same country.

I got your package last week actually but I've been so busy I haven't had much time to post. It's amazing, I can't believe you got so much to fit in that box and for the cost too!

http://i.imgur.com/wkNB1.jpg[IMG]

I got a lot of local stuff and nationally local stuff too, a lot of new sweets I haven't tried. I've eaten a few so far the pumpkin honey sweets are delicious and the peanut butter kit kat was amazing I will have to get this next time I'm in America. There are so many peanut sweets. Thankfully I'm the only one in my family who likes peanut sweets so they won't go missing!

I'm so glad to have done the candy swap and thanks for setting it up. Next time I'll do it again and will send a lot more :)[/QUOTE]

Glad you like everything! Sorry if there was too much peanut stuff. The last guy I swapped with in the UK said peanut treats were hard to come by so I made sure to stuff this box full of them! The pumpkins are also one of my favorites so I'm glad you like them too. Let me know what you think of the green chile. :)

Been eating a bit of the stuff you send and I'm loving all these gummies. Thanks again!

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Oh my god. My sweets arrived today and it appears Rising Zan

has read my mind. So many new and tasty looking things. I don't understand how he

managed to squeeze it all in! But wow, thank you so much. It all looks so beautiful.

I think the angle makes it look less than there is but there is so much stuff here.

WP_000994.jpg

Just ate the big hunk and it is amazing.

Feep

Banned
I got my box of candy! Yayyyyy! Thanks, 8-bit!

Not content to merely offer a picture, I took an totally sweet (ahahahah) unboxing video. Behold!

OH MY CANDY

And also a picture because why not.

uk1mR.jpg

I'm already enjoying the cherry chili chocolate bar, and the crazy hard candies with the mildly fizzy stuff inside.

Also, there are several Ricola cough drops amidst the candy? LOL

8bit

Knows the Score
Yay, glad it got there intact!

I think I got my wires crossed a bit about the white chocolate so my apologies for it skewing darker than you may have hoped but I hope you find something interesting within.

The white thing is nougat made locally. The loose candy is because I couldn't fit it all in the box so used some of the excess to pad out the box. The wooly thing is a hat, it was free with a crate of beer I recently bought and was to replace the Kinder Eggs that didn't make the trip.

The little tins are an intense liquorice and are included as it seems there was an early threat of liquorice for everyone.

The Toblerone is milk chocolate & salted almonds and only appeared on the local shelves this year.

The Lollipops are Chupa-Chups, the logo of which was designed by Salvador Dali.

Ahoj Brause are odd sweet/sour things from Germany.

The various chocolate bars are (as best I remember)

Mango & Cayenne
Sour Cherry & Chilli
Blueberry & Lavender
Pomegranate & Chili

Also, this is what I was originally trying to fit in the box:

MowD4.jpg

Oh yeah, late edit:

The bear is a traditional Christmas gift. I am astonished it made it there in one piece with only a facial scar.

SKINNER!

Banned
Walked into the office and found this next to my desk.

I want to thank YoYo Switch for being an awesome candy swap partner . The process didn't go smoothly because of Hurricane Sandy in his area but he kept me notified and assured me that he'll try his best to get it sorted and it all worked out in the end :) So again, Thank you buddy! Can't wait to open this package. Will add more pics to this post (use the decent camera) when I get home tonight.

SKINNER!

Banned
So I rushed home and teared through all the paperwork/tape that was on the package, opened up the flaps and then I was like "what is this?! zomg! Seinfeld!". Freakin' love that show to death and I wasn't expecting that at all. I seriously laughed every time I pulled something out of the box! Swear to god man, this is - by far - the coolest package I have ever received. Thank you YoYo Switch :) This geniunely made my day. and thank you Bearded Dudebro for making this happen.

^ No problem, sir! It was a lot of fun putting all this together.

And I want to thank you for being so cool and understanding during Hurricane Week, made all of this a lot easier. And I'm so glad you liked it! As soon as you mentioned Junior Mints and Pez, I knew i had to get you the entire suite of Seinfeld related goodies.

And dang it! If I knew about all this Hostess drama, i would have stuffed some Twinkies and other Hostess stuff.

Anyway, your box has arrived safely and is sitting sealed, safely in my home. Will do an unboxing video soon.

SKINNER!

Banned
^ No problem, sir! It was a lot of fun putting all this together.

And I want to thank you for being so cool and understanding during Hurricane Week, made all of this a lot easier. And I'm so glad you liked it! As soon as you mentioned Junior Mints and Pez, I knew i had to get you the entire suite of Seinfeld related goodies.

And dang it! If I knew about all this Hostess drama, i would have stuffed some Twinkies and other Hostess stuff.

Anyway, your box has arrived safely and is sitting sealed, safely in my home. Will do an unboxing video soon.

Can't wait for your video :) Looking forward to see your reaction to some of the weird flavours of crisps/chocolates.

Just had a drake's coffee cake for breakfast and I'm astounded to see it fully intact when I removed it from the box yesterday. The thing crumbled the second I took the first bite.

NeoRausch

Yay, the candy is here! As you can see, my daughter is quite pleased.

nrh6o.jpg

Lots of great chocolate, Nutella and other hazelnut candies, cookies, gummies. No casualties except the Kinder Egg was broken. I love the weird stuff like that paper candy. Are you supposed to add that powder to seltzer water? Those licorice candies are pretty odd. I've only ever had chewy salty licorice, but the taste of these drops really stick around. I can't decide if I like them, but I must because I keep eating them!

Thanks, weird, a great swap!

hey adam!

sorry 'bout the super late response.... but i was banned for two weeks :p
good to see that everything arrived. took it's sweet (!!) time!

about that powder: you can just lick it of your hand, mix it in non-soda water or the adult version: pour a a good chunk of powder in your mouth and swallow it with a nice gulp of Vodka.

and those licorice drops, yes they are super special in taste and kinda hot.

i'm still going slowly trough the stuff you send me. i just realized that this was the first and last time i had twinkies! :(
but some of the stuff....just wonderfull!
the chick-o-stick, that salty nuts bar, all that cinnamon and peanutbutter stuff!
Thanks again!

Wool

Just got my package from Mitheor.

0HTbBl.jpg

Thanks much man! I don't know what half this stuff is, and that's just how I wanted it.

RisingZan

Neo Member
Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Oh my god. My sweets arrived today and it appears Rising Zan

has read my mind. So many new and tasty looking things. I don't understand how he managed to squeeze it all in! But wow, thank you so much. It all looks so beautiful.

I think the angle makes it look less than there is but there is so much stuff here.

Just ate the big hunk and it is amazing.

Oh awesome, so glad it reached you okay! I'm curious to know what you thought of the chocolate -if you've tried it yet?

Honestly? I can't eat the Ghirardelli, it kind of doesn't taste of anything, like eating a candle.

The Scharffen Berger is much better quality. It's got the richness of dark chocolate with the creaminess of a milk chocolate. Really good! Is it a local Manufacturer?

The packaging suggests it's a small company.

I haven't tried the Maui bar yet.

RisingZan

Neo Member
Honestly? I can't eat the Ghirardelli, it kind of doesn't taste of anything, like eating a candle.

The Scharffen Berger is much better quality. It's got the richness of dark chocolate with the creaminess of a milk chocolate. Really good! Is it a local Manufacturer?

The packaging suggests it's a small company.

I haven't tried the Maui bar yet.

Haha! Sorry, I should have sent you a candle instead (would have been more practical and useful anyway).

scharffenberger used to be local (San Francisco - Bay Area), until Hershey bought them out a few years ago. As far as I know they still use the same recipe and ingredients and downplay the Hershey ownership.

The Maui bar should be interesting...muhahahaha.

Bread

Banned
Wow what crazy timing, me and Luiz received each others boxes on the same day. I can't believe the amount of stuff you sent, I'll be fat in a week! :p
Here are my unboxing pictures
I have no idea what half of these are, it's going to be fun finding out.
Thanks so much Luiz, and bearded dudebro for making this happen.

JordenHamilton

Neo Member
Hy guys and girls, Anyone fancy doing a swap before Christmas

My country- Scotland
Want to swap with- Asian country's, USA, Germany and pretty much any country apart from those in the UK

I have done a successful swap previously with: adamsappel

Anyone interested?

This issue came up in the peanut butter thread, but I had no idea Europeans consider peanut butter, if not outright disgusting, at least odd. I generally include peanut butter candy. Should I start leaving this out?

Course I'm in again.

NeoGAF username: Bearded Dudebro
Country of residence: United States
2 countries you would like to swap with: Germany, Japan
Things you like: Dark Chocolate, Gummies, Packaged Pastries, Sour, Salty
Things you dislike: Black licorice, dried fruit

GhaleonEB

Strongly suggest starting a new thread for the new candy swap, it will get more attention and probably participation that way.

I can help edit titles to keep it up to date (registration open/closed, etc.).

Thank you, Dudebro!

NeoGAF username: adamsappel
Country of residence: USA
2 countries you would like to swap with: Any, but family has requested Brazil or other South American country (have already traded with Ireland, UK, Australia, Holland, Spain, Germany)
Things you like: Chocolate, local favorites, unusual things.
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: Not a huge fan of sour or hard candies; I like black licorice (even the salted kind), but a little goes a long way.

NeoGAF username: _illmatic_
Country of residence: USA (Louisiana)
2 countries you would like to swap with: Switzerland, Japan
Things you like: I love chocalate, nuts and wierd things. I have a savory palette but I'm open to lots of things.
Things you dislike, cannot have or allergic to: Don't like butterscotch. Not allergic to anything, just don't want anything that I can typically buy in my State/Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom