• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright here we go! Get hyped!

Bayonetta 1 & 2 on one disc
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Super Mario Galaxy 3
F-Zero SEX
Resident Evil 7
Killer 8
P.N.04
Viewtiful Joe 3
Mega Man 11
Mega Man X 9
Mega Man Legends 3
Kamiya Star Fox
Treasure Star Fox
Nintendo VS Capcom
2D Metroid for 3DS
Metroid Prime 4
Zelda Wii U trailer
Majora's Mask 3D
Mother 3 localization
Iga Castlevania Battle of 1999

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
hIZGDPp.gif

Credit to suavelicious.

Can an educated gaffer provide me with the possible studios that are sitting on a title that would be a chance at a megaton for this direct?

I wonder if we'll get an exclusive reveal of some epic proportion. Monster games must be cooking up something.

My slightly outdated list says most of the big studios capable of making Wii U games are still reloading unfortunately.

I'm placing my hopes mostly on Intelligent Systems having another game in the works. EAD Tokyo may have a second team, but it's too much to hope for. Monster Games ought to have something about done by now. Nintendo Software Technology could have something but I'm not holding my breath. We could be due for another Nintendogs from EAD Group 1. Brownie Brown/1-UP could have a new 3DS RPG.

I don't expect any not announced yet to launch in Spring, but they could show it. I think most of the big surprises are going to have to come from outside studios through publishing partnerships. Actually, we could see something from Arika - dare I say Pokken Fighters with Namco Bandai?

Looking forward to it but my expectations aren't as high as it's focusing on Spring titles, the more 'epic' direct will probably be next year.

afoni

Banned
Alright here we go! Get hyped!

Bayonetta 1 & 2 on one disc
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Super Mario Galaxy 3
F-Zero SEX
Resident Evil 7
Killer 8
P.N.04
Viewtiful Joe 3
Mega Man 11
Mega Man X 9
Mega Man Legends 3
Kamiya Star Fox
Treasure Star Fox
Nintendo VS Capcom
2D Metroid for 3DS
Metroid Prime 4
Zelda Wii U trailer
Majora's Mask 3D
Mother 3 localization
Iga Castlevania Battle of 1999

I'd only want 3 of those.

Frodo

These are my realistic expectations:

WiiU:
  • Pokemon Snap U: Integrated with Pokemon Bank.
  • Nintendo will announce they are working on F-Zero, Wave Race and 1080. Wait until E3.
  • They will show Mario Kart 8 and a mechanic similar to Double Dash where a second player uses the Gamepad screen to throw items at other racers. Rewind feature to be implemented as well.
  • Bayonetta Wii U port revealead. Out now on Nintendo eShop. Comes bundled with Bayonetta 2 Collector's Edition in physical media. Wii U special edition console bundle: Platinum colour Wii U and Gamepad + the 2 Bayonetta games + Platinum Pro-controller. Releasing Summer 2014.
  • Golden Sun U. Releasing WW Spring 2014.
  • Steel Driver F2PU.

3DS:
  • MONOLITHSOFT game revealed: Online MMO.
  • First look at Pokemon Z.
  • MH4 announced for America and Europe. Out in Spring.
  • Dragon Quest VII announced for America and Europe. Out in Spring.
  • A new Metroid game announced. Most of the game is in sidescrolling 2D. Controls in 3D in some sections. inspired by Super Metroid. Other M no longer canon. Please Understand.
  • Peach Returns. A new Peach platformer game. This time with no mood swing mechanics.
  • Square Enix working on 3 exclusive 3DS RPGs in collaboration with Nintendo.

That is it. Plus the already expected DKC:TF and X and SSB4 andSMTxFE and whatnot updates

onilink88

Super Smash Bros. is great and everything, but I'm dying to see more of X and hear more of Hiroyuki Sawano.

He seems to be excited for the game, at least.

I like Kamiya and all, but I have to unfollow the guy; he's just shitting up my Twitter feed. Poor Mrs. Saga's tweets are completely buried under his (this retweet being one of them).

On the same note, Takahashi's getting a little scruffy there.

Guerrilla

WiiU:
  • Nintendo will announce they are working on F-Zero, Wave Race and 1080. Wait until E3.
  • They will show Mario Kart 8 and a mechanic similar to Double Dash where a second player uses the Gamepad screen to throw items at other racers. Rewind feature to be implemented as well.
  • Bayonetta Wii U port revealead. Out now on Nintendo eShop. Comes bundled with Bayonetta 2 Collector's Edition in physical media. Wii U special edition console bundle: Platinum colour Wii U and Gamepad + the 2 Bayonetta games + Platinum Pro-controller. Releasing Summer 2014.
  • Steel Driver F2PU.

3DS:
    [*]A new Metroid game announced. Most of the game is in sidescrolling 2D. Controls in 3D in some sections. inspired by Super Metroid. Other M no longer canon. Please Understand.
  • Peach Returns. A new Peach platformer game. This time with no mood swing mechanics.

That is it. Plus the already expected DKC:TF and X and SSB4 andSMTxFE and whatnot updates

I need this,
also announce Zelda and a price cut and you've got another wiiu sale

Griss

My slightly outdated list says most of the big studios capable of making Wii U games are still reloading unfortunately.

I'm placing my hopes mostly on Intelligent Systems having another game in the works. EAD Tokyo may have a second team, but it's too much to hope for. Monster Games ought to have something about done by now. Nintendo Software Technology could have something but I'm not holding my breath. We could be due for another Nintendogs from EAD Group 1. Brownie Brown/1-UP could have a new 3DS RPG.

I don't expect any not announced yet to launch in Spring, but they could show it. I think most of the big surprises are going to have to come from outside studios through publishing partnerships. Actually, we could see something from Arika - dare I say Pokken Fighters with Namco Bandai?

I think Grezzo could be ready to show off Majora's Mask 3DS if they wanted to and if it existed.

Their last game (a streetpass game made after OoT3D) would have been pretty much completed about 7 months ago. Considering they already have the N64 Zelda engine 'ported' to 3DS, that's more than enough time to get MM up and running.

Doubt we'd see it though seeing as LBW has just released. It's a possibility though. MM is a guaranteed seller, and it's the most profitable thing Grezzo could possibly do. I don't see how they don't do it.

Man Sakurai sure is hyping the direct. Twitter post and Miiverse pic of the day?

New Smash trailer I guess? Or maybe he's just excited to climb aboard the hype train with the rest of us.

Lebon14

WiiU:

I would really like this to happen but, sadly, it won't. We waited 7 years after TLA's release for DD. Personally, I'm waiting for another 7... or something for DD's sequel. I'll be ready to wait that much time and more for my favorite IP. Oh, and the sequel will probably be on 3DS captainobvious.jpg

Frodo

Real talk we do need a update on SMTXFE they are playing around with that game

Why does Nintendo have to be so secretive about their games? The cat is already out of the bag, feed us with some info once in a while. Show us a few screenshots. Let people speculate around those. Let people talk about these games and get more people interested.

But no. Let us wait until a month before release to acknowledge the game exists and let us release a launch trailer and call it a day.

Jenoss

Banned

WiiU:
  • Steel Driver F2PU.

3DS:
  • A new Metroid game announced. Most of the game is in sidescrolling 2D. Controls in 3D in some sections. inspired by Super Metroid. Other M no longer canon. Please Understand.

I can die for this list.
Also Bravely Second eu/usa/jp contemporaly release on winter 2014

onilink88

Why does Nintendo have to be so secretive about their games? The cat is already out of the bag, feed us with some info once in a while. Show us a few screenshots. Let people speculate around those. Let people talk about these games and get more people interested.

But no. Let us wait until a month before release to acknowledge the game exists and let us release a launch trailer and call it a day.

Be grateful you don't have to deal with the shit Versus XIII- sorry, FF XV fans have to...

WiiU:
  • Steel Driver F2PU.

3DS:

Why u do diss??!!

Kouriozan

I can die for this list.
Also Bravely Second eu/usa/jp contemporaly release on winter 2014
Oh yes, Bravely Second worldwide release would be amazing, but Square-Enix will surely wait for sales data.
The game is still sold out on Amazon.fr/de, so even if the shipment was really low, that would mean it sold better than expected, right?!
I want to believe.

Frodo

Be grateful you don't have to deal with the shit Versus XIII- sorry, FF XV fans have to...

Well, I did deal with that. But the Versus XIII is a completely different scenario where the game wasn't being worked on and then moved platforms so they couldn't talk about it. Unless Nintendo cancelled these games, there is no reason why they shouldn't release some titbits once in a while.

MBR

Banned
Schedule says I quit work at 14:30, and the ND starts at 15:00. That's just enough time to get home, get some lunch, and sit back at the computer.

It's meant to be.

Though actually, I have very low expectations after the Cranky reveal.
I'm betting they'll go through everything of notice that's already announced, and show two concept scetches for previously unshown titles, and say "Zelda" one time.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

WiiU:
  • Steel Driver F2PU.

3DS:

lol. I'm expecting very little.

JimPanzer

I'm currently at the university - not sure if the streamer will work on the PCs they got here. Can anyone link me to a good live-ticker for the EU direct?

Jenoss

Banned
Oh yes, Bravely Second worldwide release would be amazing, but Square-Enix will surely wait for sales data.
The game is still sold out on Amazon.fr/de, so even if the shipment was really low, that would mean it sold better than expected, right?!
I want to believe.

Yep, all the retailers in my city on the first week had sold out. (italy)
Then i think is surely a success.

I hope that half of the old squaresoft fanbase take a bite of this game at least.
It deserve it.

Griss

Is anyone else as hyped by Yoshi's Epic Yarn as I am? Kirby's Epic Yarn was one of the games of the generation last gen for me, and to see that style in HD has me excited as hell.

It also had one of the all-time top-10 Nintendo soundtracks, which considering Nintendo is something else. Since it's still Good-Feel developing this sequel the quality really should be just as high.

I kinda hope it comes out next Christmas though, as the original Epic Yarn was the living embodiment of a Christmas Game.

Pikma

Banned
Gotta go 2 sleep, see ya in 2+ hours.

Oh btw... DON'T get this thread locked until after the Direct, after it ends you're free to do whatever you want with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom