• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onilink88

But the Versus XIII is a completely different scenario where the game wasn't being worked on and then moved platforms so they couldn't talk about it.

Is that really the case? I would attribute the lack of media for XV to it being endlessly re-tooled, resulting in it finding itself in development hell. SE had no excuse for not having new footage at this year's TGS, at least.

Nintendo, on the other hand, releases info for its games within reasonable time frames. As for SMT x FE, if it really hasn't been affected by all the Index drama, we should be seeing the game in action pretty soon.

daaf3c874b9e8d08a2cc9e1b3b8c1b.gif

Is anyone else as hyped by Yoshi's Epic Yarn as I am? Kirby's Epic Yarn was one of the games of the generation last gen for me, and to see that style in HD has me excited as hell.

It also had one of the all-time top-10 Nintendo soundtracks, which considering Nintendo is something else. Since it's still Good-Feel developing this sequel the quality really should be just as high.

I kinda hope it comes out next Christmas though, as the original Epic Yarn was the living embodiment of a Christmas Game.

I am because of Tezuka's involvement and I think we know next to nothing about the direction the game is going.

I know we have a grasp on the art but to me, it's the most mysterious game we have seen anything of.

I just hope it still exists.

Majestad

Banned
Thanks guys. Can't wait for this. Hopefully there's at least one megaton. It is the last ND of the year and just before Christmas. It should be very special, right?

Here I come F-Zero UX

CoolS

The only thing I expect, like with every Direct, are the impressions of GAFs afterwards, because the hype always never lives up to the real thing.

Is that really the case? I would attribute the lack of media for XV to it being endlessly re-tooled, resulting in it finding itself in development hell. SE had no excuse for not having new footage at this year's TGS, at least.

Nintendo, on the other hand, releases info for its games within reasonable time frames. As for SMT x FE, if it really hasn't been affected by all the Index drama, we should be seeing the game in action pretty soon.

But if Mario Kart is realeasing this Spring you'd expect they'd have shown something beyond the initial reveal at this point. Which companies do this best?

Nosgoroth

So, I get out of work at 14h30, but it would take me more than a hour to get home... so the plan is to eat at a place with free wifi (Mcdonalds?) and iPad the thing.

Fistwell

These are my realistic expectations:

WiiU:
  • Pokemon Snap U: Integrated with Pokemon Bank.
  • Nintendo will announce they are working on F-Zero, Wave Race and 1080. Wait until E3.
  • They will show Mario Kart 8 and a mechanic similar to Double Dash where a second player uses the Gamepad screen to throw items at other racers. Rewind feature to be implemented as well.
  • Bayonetta Wii U port revealead. Out now on Nintendo eShop. Comes bundled with Bayonetta 2 Collector's Edition in physical media. Wii U special edition console bundle: Platinum colour Wii U and Gamepad + the 2 Bayonetta games + Platinum Pro-controller. Releasing Summer 2014.
  • Golden Sun U. Releasing WW Spring 2014.
  • Steel Driver F2PU.

3DS:
  • MONOLITHSOFT game revealed: Online MMO.
  • First look at Pokemon Z.
  • MH4 announced for America and Europe. Out in Spring.
  • Dragon Quest VII announced for America and Europe. Out in Spring.
  • A new Metroid game announced. Most of the game is in sidescrolling 2D. Controls in 3D in some sections. inspired by Super Metroid. Other M no longer canon. Please Understand.
  • Peach Returns. A new Peach platformer game. This time with no mood swing mechanics.
  • Square Enix working on 3 exclusive 3DS RPGs in collaboration with Nintendo.

That is it. Plus the already expected DKC:TF and X and SSB4 andSMTxFE and whatnot updates
Sarcasm?

Wait, I had only actually read half of it, yes, it obviously is sarcasm (or complete delusion?).

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Alright here we go! Get hyped!

Bayonetta 1 & 2 on one disc
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Super Mario Galaxy 3
F-Zero SEX
Resident Evil 7
Killer 8
P.N.04
Viewtiful Joe 3
Mega Man 11
Mega Man X 9
Mega Man Legends 3
Kamiya Star Fox
Treasure Star Fox
Nintendo VS Capcom
2D Metroid for 3DS
Metroid Prime 4
Zelda Wii U trailer
Majora's Mask 3D
Mother 3 localization
Iga Castlevania Battle of 1999

Two Star Fox-games! This is the best so far, that Castlevania battle of 99 is the icing. Anything less, and Nintendo should go thirdparty!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Kamiya in the Direct? Looking forward to Betrayalnetta 1&2, Wonderful102 and Star Fox Platinum - with Cranky!

Heyt

Banned
The fact that ND is trending in Spain's twitter is more due to several outlets running raffles each hour more than high expectations. There is no doubt Nintendo is pushing this Direct very hard an really want to gather all the atention possible.

In Spain, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom