• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little over an hour, folks!

tumblr_inline_mxxyfrZklW1s5826c.gif

I feel like 2009's Alice in Wonderland will be an appropriate metaphor for how I'll feel about this direct to be honest. Bitter disappointment.

33 minutes is to short to show Platinium Star Fox Universe, Sumo Digital F Zero UX , gameplay and actual name of X, cg trailer and gameplay of FE x Megami Tensei, and the localizations of Monster Hunter 4 , FAntasy Life and Dragon Quest monsters

33 minutes is to short to show Platinium Star Fox Universe, Sumo Digital F Zero UX , gameplay and actual name of X, cg trailer and gameplay of FE x Megami Tensei, and the localizations of Monster Hunter 4 , FAntasy Life and Dragon Quest monsters

Not so if they recorded a 66 minute long show, and play everything at twice the speed for the actual Direct.

Believe.

The moron fanboy inside me is hoping we'll get an announcement like '2014 - The Year Of Starfox!'

Feb 2014 - OG Starfox remade for Wii U in 1080p 60FPS. Updated graphics. Online co-op. Play as Slippy, Falco and Peppy along side Fox! New levels! Score attack!

May 2014 - NEW Starfox games for both Wii U and 3DS.

Why do I care so much about Starfox. :(

Tony91

I'm so HYPED! 50 minutes and we'll know the truth about this direct!

If, and I say IF, there'll be an MH4 localization or MH4U announcement I'm gonna scream so loud that everyone around the world could hear it!

TunaLover

The moron fanboy inside me is hoping we'll get an announcement like '2014 - The Year Of Starfox!'

Feb 2014 - OG Starfox remade for Wii U in 1080p 60FPS. Updated graphics. Online co-op. Play as Slippy, Falco and Peppy along side Fox! New levels! Score attack!

May 2014 - NEW Starfox games for both Wii U and 3DS.

Why do I care so much about Starfox. :(
Now I'm sad...

Fritz

I'm so HYPED! 50 minutes and we'll know the truth about this direct!

If, and I say IF, there'll be an MH4 localization or MH4U announcement I'm gonna scream so loud that everyone around the world could hear it!

Tape or it didnt happen.

I just hope there is some cool 3rd party announcement

My expectations for today.

- Some apologies for low sales, promise to do better
- Fucking Donkey Kong
- New Mario Kart Trailer with Rosalina
- 3DS Miiverse explained (again)
- Fucking Donkey Kong
- Reminder Wii Fit is there
- Promise to release Wii Sports Golf sometime 2014-15
- Still no Voice Chat within games

javac

Just got a call from Mr.Iwata. X cancelled. Mario Kart pushed to 2018. Smash cancelled. All we're getting next year is Cranky Kong: The Game. I think that's a solid line-up to be fair. What do you think?

Nosgoroth

My expectations for today.

- Some apologies for low sales, promise to do better
- Fucking Donkey Kong
- New Mario Kart Trailer with Rosalina
- 3DS Miiverse explained (again)
- Fucking Donkey Kong
- Reminder Wii Fit is there
- Promise to release Wii Sports Golf sometime 2014-15
- Still no Voice Chat within games

Apologies to customers for low sales? Eh, that's for investors and perhaps third party devs, customers (outside of forum discussions) don't care about that.

Tom_Cody

We all want Iwata to drop bombs, but what can we realistically expect to fill the 33 minutes? This is my take on the least interesting stuff Nintendo could give us (which is still very interesting to me).

3DS:
Bravely Default
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Mario Golf World Tour
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island

Wii U:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Wii Sports, more sports to be released

--
If Nintendo really had bombs to drop, don't you all think we would have gotten them during VGX?

About the most I'm hoping for is more Zelda Wii U talk (no gameplay footage). Maybe something Smash related as well.

We all want Iwata to drop bombs, but what can we realistically expect to fill the 33 minutes? This is my take on the least interesting stuff Nintendo could give us (which is still very interesting to me).

3DS:
Bravely Default
Mario Golf World Tour
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island

Wii U:
Bayonetta 2

--
If Nintendo really had bombs to drop, don't you all think we would have gotten them during VGX?

About the most I'm hoping for is more Zelda Wii U talk (no gameplay footage). Maybe something Smash related as well.
The january direct was 36 mins
edit: And your vgx mention... LOL.. ND is where they drop bombs

So how much are we betting that we'll get a "Please Understand" segment with Mario Kart pushed back to the summer? Especially since Delay Kong has been pushed so hard lately with the February date, yet there's radio silence on Kart since E3.

3DS:
Bravely Default
Mario Golf World Tour
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island

Wii U:
Bayonetta 2

--

no VGX was a joke show in general.

tsab

Shouldn't a mod update the title to indicate that the directs start today in half an hour?

edit: Also Soul Calibur 2 HD: Link is included edition. believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom