• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots and artwork from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

GrayChild

Hello Stalker fans, what should I play in the series? What is the absolute best Stalker experience? I do not have infinite time so please don't tell me to play through the whole thing chronologically and then with mods k thx.

If you want the most essential part, get Shadow of Chernobyl and install the community-made 'Zone Reclamation Project'.

amigastar

Hello Stalker fans, what should I play in the series? What is the absolute best Stalker experience? I do not have infinite time so please don't tell me to play through the whole thing chronologically and then with mods k thx.
If you wanna try Stalker for free check out the Stalker Lost Alpha standalone game.

elliot5

I'm skeptical it'll actually look like that on release, but it looks good nonetheless. "Free" with game pass so I'll be giving it a look

Duchess

This is an Xbox / PC exclusive, right?

Edit: A quick Google suggests it's a timed exclusive, and is launching on Xbox / PC.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Gold Member
I know next to nothing about this game but yes this is what I am looking for in graphical fidelity. Amazing

Nice, just seen it comes to PS5 3 months later. Finally a next gen only game!

Last edited:

Hugare

Yeah well, i'll believe it when I see it

Doesn't look realtime

But I'm more than ready to bit my tongue

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Oh yeah, now that is some next gen shit. Been waiting to see what devs can do without worrying about the base PS4 and One S.

I'd be hyped for this one regardless of the graphics; the first game was not an especially pretty title by the time it finally came out. But the fact that it looks this good speaks well for the production overall, and I'm really excited.

SF Kosmo

Yeah well, i'll believe it when I see it

Doesn't look realtime

But I'm more than ready to bit my tongue
It's Unreal Engine 5, and a 180GB install, so possibly flexing all that nanite shit. This game is only four months away, too, so it's a little late in the game for bullshots.

I think they're just PC shots running very dialed up. Don't count on it running at 60fps on those settings, but I doubt the shots are fake.

Please don't fuck this game up boys

SF Kosmo

wont be on PC, if you have the option to play it on that you should

Looks beautiful tho, looking forward to it.
I wouldn't count on the PC version running at 60fps unless you have a beast of a machine, especially at those settings.

ultrazilla

kermit-jerking-off.gif

6G0MZ8Z.gif

Last edited:

CheeseCake

I hope there's more to it than pretty graphics...

I mean, I love some good looking next gen stuff but add some substance, please.

SF Kosmo

especially now, the PC card market is insanely inflated.

it's a rough haul for most people.
Yeah, I am narrowly above recommended spec (and actually in-between minimum and recommended for CPU), I expect to lean on DLSS to carry me over. Upgrading just isn't an option right now.

rapid32.5

Looks amazing, first new gen looker, makes you appreciate you own Series S,X/PC
I would be impressed if it's 60fps on XSX.

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
I hope there's more to it than pretty graphics...

I mean, I love some good looking next gen stuff but add some substance, please.
If only there were like 3 other official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games to look into to get an idea of what substance this new one might have. :lollipop_confounded: :lollipop_confounded: :lollipop_confounded:

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks great!

This is about what I would expect, and even greater in the coming years. The atmospheric lighting and effects are not unlike what we already haven't seen in some games now.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Agreed. Posting shots like these only leads to demented neckbeards sreaming downgraded when the game releases.
I remember when those same idiots were drooling over those pre-release BF2042 screenshots, which were clearly bullshots, and lambasted anyone calling this out.

Sometimes I wonder what the age range of the GAF community is as quite a few seemingly haven't learned a thing from the past 10 years of the videogame marketing machine.

Salz01

It reminds me of metro exodus. It looks great before release, but not really fun to play. Have it on series x.

A.Romero

That's impressive.

As with the original, it will probably require top of the line hardware. Whatever, this is what this hobby is about.

It's on gamepass, right?

mortal

Banned
I really hope that's what the actual game looks like running in realtime (even if only a high spec PC), but you never know these days. I need to see some gameplay footage.

Warablo

That doesn't look like in game, more like concept art in game play style. I'm sure it will look as close as possible to it though.

CZY

I'm skeptical it'll actually look like that on release,
A lot of this sentiment in this thread, alongside “don’t expect 60fps” and “this will melt high-end rigs”; I don’t know what you guys are looking at. Playing Metro Exodus on PS5 doesn’t look any worse than this and it’s 4K60. Y’all are easily impressed.

Elysium712

Neo Member
If you want the best Stalker experience you should download Stalker Anomaly tbh, it's a pretty large open world-ish sandbox. If that doesn't sound appealing you could just play Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat, Clear Sky (the 2nd game in the series and a prequel to ShoC) is the black sheep of the franchise so you could skip and wikiread it if you want.

elliot5

A lot of this sentiment in this thread, alongside “don’t expect 60fps” and “this will melt high-end rigs”; I don’t know what you guys are looking at. Playing Metro Exodus on PS5 doesn’t look any worse than this and it’s 4K60. Y’all are easily impressed.
Metro looks fine but not to the same level as this imo. But idk if this has any RT involved unlike Exodus. I was more skeptical of bullshot rather than such graphics not being possible in current year

Top Bottom