• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niked

You wouldn't rework the PS5 if it was behind Xbox series X.
Yep... There is high possibility that Sony underestimated Microsoft...
I hope not this is a Sega type of situation we get here... Wtf Sony... Arrogant again and blind because of all the success with ps4?!
The genius Mark Cerney... What happend? Is this why we got so many that departed from Sony?
I will definetly buy the book on how this up coming generation was made..

S7xGDun.jpg

Hmm Sony has been reworking ps5 since summer apparently if this is to be believed

In other words, confirming everything I've been noticing: the 2019 release rumors, the sudden departures, the consistent Gonzalo/Ariel/Oberon leaks and testing benchmarks, the lackluster CES logo reveal, rumors of no reveal in February...

if (and I strongly stress IF) this is in any way true (because I'd honestly rather it not be true)...

...what the hell has been going on over at Sony the past two years?

For 360 back compat the GPU is currently emulated, the game code is converted to X86 (allowing it to run natively) on a game by game basis with little changes made where required for timing. I honestly don't see a straight X86 emulation of Xenon happening on a CPU clocked at less than 3.7 - 4ghz. But, like I said with SMT maybe you can get things going with less.

Ah okay, so that's how the X does it. Kinda like BLEEM! did back in its day, title-by-title. That is certainly the easier approach, but potentially more time-consuming. But probably helps with accuracy more quickly. Tradeoffs, more or less.

Then I could see Sony doing something similar. But could they just try licensing that PS3 emulator on PC that's really mature by now? Strike a deal with those guys and use it in the PS5, I don't think they'd mind.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Someone wrote something about Deep Down being exclusive and being show cased at PS5 reveal in feb. Everyone said the list was to good to be true....
Wasn't that first shown at PS4s E3 in 2013?
Hopefully it's true, would love to see more of it.

martino

Yep... There is high possibility that Sony underestimated Microsoft...
I hope not this is a Sega type of situation we get here... Wtf Sony... Arrogant again and blind because of all the success with ps4?!
The genius Mark Cerney... What happend? Is this why we got so many that departed from Sony?
I will definetly buy the book on how this up coming generation was made..

the thing is Ps4 also looked strong because xbox one was really really weak and lost its focus.

Last edited:

Niked

In other words, confirming everything I've been noticing: the 2019 release rumors, the sudden departures, the consistent Gonzalo/Ariel/Oberon leaks and testing benchmarks, the lackluster CES logo reveal, rumors of no reveal in February...

if (and I strongly stress IF) this is in any way true (because I'd honestly rather it not be true)...

...what the hell has been going on over at Sony the past two years?

where there's smoke.. there's fire.

Ah okay, so that's how the X does it. Kinda like BLEEM! did back in its day, title-by-title. That is certainly the easier approach, but potentially more time-consuming. But probably helps with accuracy more quickly. Tradeoffs, more or less.

Then I could see Sony doing something similar. But could they just try licensing that PS3 emulator on PC that's really mature by now? Strike a deal with those guys and use it in the PS5, I don't think they'd mind.
Thats why there was no E3 2019 showing and lackluster 2018. They also had a bad relationship with E3 organisers If Im not misstanken. But it helpt to quit being at E3 with chaos behind closed doors.
I fucking hope this is not true.. But we might get a SEGA situation here... FUCK..

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
I won’t say that comment wasn’t... fun...

But...

You would be surprised just how much better a game can look in 60fps with all details pushed out and at a nice native resolution. It really can make a huge difference in some cases, and Horizon was already a damn fine looking game limited by the hardware it was on.

No it wasn't. Horizon Zero Dawn was not limited in anyway.

saintjules

The working title is there since reveal in 2013(?) they never changed it.
I'm just going by how it was titled on their site. The info resurfaced again recently. It might have gone down for a bit at one point.

Last edited:

RookX22

So let me get this straight. Ps5 delayed till 2021 9 tf with no exclusives and xbox sex 12tf with 5-9 ecosystem exclusives thats isnt hampered by the base xbox one 2020 release, but in two years none of this matters since we will be playing all our digital lockers on our 1000$ phones and 2000$ pcs. /s

Last edited:

Brudda26

So let me get this straight. Ps5 delayed till 2021 9 tf with no exclusives and xbox sex 12tf with 5-9 ecosystem exclusives thats isnt hampered by the base xbox one 2020 release, but in two years none of this matters since we will be playing all our digital lockers on our 1000$ phones and 2000$ pcs. /s
You know full well someone is going to be actually thinking like that lmao

Dolodolo

We urgently need a leak where they write about Dragon's Dogma 2 exclusive for Ps5, with the developments of Deep Down
It was removed from the Reddit, but somewhere on the forum someone threw it here

FrozenFlame

We urgently need a leak where they write about Dragon's Dogma 2 exclusive for Ps5, with the developments of Deep Down
It was removed from the Reddit, but somewhere on the forum someone threw it here

Honest question, has any rumor that started at that leaks sub was later confirmed? I'm more willing to believe 4chan rumors than anything of that sub....

Dolodolo

You are reading the context of tweets in the wrong place
If there was a transfer from E3 to a later date and this is partly due to Sony, then the redesign of the console was at the beginning of last year, at least based on rumors that Sony wanted to release it in 2019
You should be more interested in tweets where he writes that this is not Dino Crisis
What makes you think of Dragon's Dogma 2
And recently there was a leak that indicated this game
Please, let's all turn on our brains. Thanks))

Zefros

Neo Member
Buying both consoles this gen. Just hoping for a affordable price (600 max) for ps5 and xbox.

Last edited:
Would be cool if PS5 was 3.2Ghz, 18Gb of GDDR6 ram, super fast SSD tech.....

and 9 Tflops BUT had a separate purchasable GPU expansion, that worked in SLI once installed. So people have the option of going to 9 Tflops or going the whole hog....
Semi modular designs such as you propose, would be dope/pretty cool. I would really like the option of a $200-300 dollar GPU upgrade or the complete package for a premium price, definitely for enthusiasts

Thats why there was no E3 2019 showing and lackluster 2018. They also had a bad relationship with E3 organisers If Im not misstanken. But it helpt to quit being at E3 with chaos behind closed doors.
I fucking hope this is not true.. But we might get a SEGA situation here... FUCK..

Heck, even as I'm entertaining the idea of a dual-GPU PS5 (2x Oberon chips, basically), the 13TF upper limit floating around would see both of those chips underclocked well below their sweetspot. And coming after 2GHz Oberon benchmark tests as late as June of last year (if not later), would probably suggest dual Oberons weren't in the original design...

...just like how dual SH2s weren't in the Saturn's original design. It's interesting to know these historical events enough to spot the parallels. Provided these worst-case fears hold up, Sony can still manage to repair issues behind-the-scenes I feel, even if there's some collateral damage in the process. They have the capital and overall goodwill with developers SEGA was really losing grip of at that time all those years ago (plus I mean, they managed to turn the PS3 around which was no small feat).

But damn if there aren't some odd parallels happening right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom