• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHK and Japan Ranks Top 100 Anime List to Celebrate 100 Years of Anime!

No Escaflowne (i did hear it didn't do well in japan, i guess i'm not surprised) but no Golden Boy? In honor of Golden Boy I'm changing my avatar.

Elandyll

Banned
I should watch Code Geass
I-Should-Buy-A-Boat-Cat.jpg

PS: Also... Wtf is Love Live, why is there 10 million of it, and why is it so popular?

PPS: Ultimate Blade Works ahead of Fate/Zero? You're alright in my book "Random Japanese people who participated in that survey", you're alright. Good taste.

PPS: bit surprised by how few Gundam series are in, but at least the two goat Macross prods (Frontier & Dyrl) made it in. Was also expecting Re: Zero to score higher, but I guess it was a bit of a fad?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Holy shit, someone else acknowledged that Utena exists.

Also, I love these Japanese lists simply because they actually look very different than 90% of the lists you would find in the west (i.e. Bebop and FMA:B being so low). Initial D would have been nice to see though.

But why the fuck is Joker Game so high? Shit sucked.

I'm kinda surprised at how low One Piece is though. Shit is massive over there.

Also, why the fuck is Love Live so goddamn high? I take back what I said. This list is joke.

Ugh Psycho Pass in the top 20?

Bruh...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Cowboy Bebop is 14 places below Sword Art Online.

Cowboy Bebop

is

FOURTEEN places

below

Sword Art Online.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cowboy Bebop is 14 places below Sword Art Online.

Cowboy Bebop

is

FOURTEEN places

below

Sword Art Online.

You honestly think that would be any different with a poll conducted in the States?

If anything, SAO would probably be higher and CB lower.

Randam

Only know code geass from the top 10.
Never heard of the others. :lol

Edit: Tiger and Bunny is from 2011!?
Would have thought it was from the 80th.

Xe4

Banned
Surprise! Japan has shit taste in anime.
Actually everyone everywhere has shit taste in anime.
America has shit taste in anime.
You (yes, you) have shit taste in anime.
I have shit taste in anime, though I convince myself my taste in anime is the shit.
Your mother, father, brother, and child all have shit taste in anime.
Congratulations.

Eila

That might just be the worst list of all time. Even troll lists usually have one or two good titles.

Surprise! Japan has shit taste in anime.
Actually everyone everywhere has shit taste in anime.
America has shit taste in anime.
You (yes, you) have shit taste in anime.
I have shit taste in anime, though I convince myself my taste in anime is the shit.
Your mother, father, brother, and child all have shit taste in anime.
Congratulations.

Confirm from my post I have shit taste in anime.

You honestly think that would be any different with a poll conducted in the States?

If anything, SAO would probably be higher and CB lower.
Wait, so this list was a popularity contest made with a poll? If true that explains this shit list...

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
That might just be the worst list of all time. Even troll lists usually have one or two good titles.

There are quite a few good titles on this list. It's just too bad that they're completely overshadowed by absolute shit like Love Live, SAO, and Joker Game.

Are we sure they didn't forget a couple of zeros for SAO? Also, surprised at Tiger and Bunny ranking, I don't remember it being THAT good.

Elandyll

Banned

This list (looking at the entire top 100) -objectively- has more than 3 masterpieces in it, whatever your tastes may be.

Akira
Lupin
Mononoke
Nausicaa

No Dragonball, One Punch Man or Shirokuma Cafe and the best season of JoJo ignored.
Yeah surprised at no 1PM, slightly less so for DB (but still a little).

Eila

This list (looking at the entire top 100) -objectively- has more than 3 masterpieces in it, whatever your tastes may be.

Yeah surprised at no 1PM, slightly less so for DB (but still a little).

Was thinking of top 10. Yeah there's a few in the whole list that do belong in top 10 like LOGH, Cowboy Bebop and Dennou Coil. Maybe the Ghibli stuff but I don't like mixing movies and TV anime myself.

Top ten doesn't surprise me to be honest. Cardcaptor Sakura and Madoka are fucking amazing shows.

The besting surprise comes here:

*16 Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

Eh? I loved that show and know it is popular but man I guess it is a LOT more popular than expected.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works did better than Fate/Zero makes me laugh though I loved both of them.

Top Bottom