• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

This game is huge

It feels like they are showing too much, but at the same time, it also feels like they are only showing all of this because its just a small fraction of the total content, and there's a lot more they won't show

Yeah, they keep saying it's "less than 2 percent." Hopefully they aren't lying.

Formless

This E3 objectively isn't that great from Nintendo so far -- unless a whole bunch of mystery games are announced tomorrow this year is looking bleak. Previously years with Smash update hype and new games definitely brought it.

But I can't get my eyes off of this Treehouse stream. I haven't been so optimistic about a game in a while.

Alienous

This game is huge

It feels like they are showing too much, but at the same time, it also feels like they are only showing all of this because its just a small fraction of the total content, and there's a lot more they won't show

They aren't showing a lot of 'content' but in the same fashion as No Man's Sky every minute of gameplay chips away at the mystery.

I think I'm done.

Kinsei

Banned
This game is huge

I feel like they're showing too little.

Calm Mind

Nintendo could charge a fee for a demo of this and I would not hesitate to put money in their hands. That is how stoked I am.

I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing but I am a little worried about how vastly the world looks but feels very lifeless. So far with all that we've seen its been just big vast areas with nothing really in them besides small encampments of enemies and random treasures to find (and small shrines). They have stated several times today that towns and people are in the game but I'm worried that they will be secluded to those towns and you won't see many people out in the actual world, this works in older Zelda titles because the world itself isn't very big (not anywhere near as big as this is anyway) but when you have such a huge and open world it needs to have things that populate it. I guess I'm just hoping that you will see more in this world but they purposefully removed it from this E3 build in order to not spoil things but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

This game is huge

Yeah they've really only shown us the My First Zelda section of the game. We really haven't seen anything at all.

I really hate how the trees look, other than that SOLD!!!!!!!

Yeah..there's a section in the trailer where Link chops down a tree and the branches fall off in these ugly geometric shapes, like something out of a N64 or PS1 game. There's definitely polish that needs to be applied in some areas, like the snow.

I think they've showed so much, but yet so little. I love it. I was bummed that absolutely everything in MK8 was shown before the game was out. Wonderful game. Absolutely no discovery of anything.

treehouse stream is probably not the best idea I would much rather have a focused nintendo direct that showed specific things from Zelda.

seeing same star area 4 times picking up the item after item was so depressing.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This is so ridiculously more ambitious than any Zelda game - nay, any GAME, period - Nintendo has ever attempted. Can't fucking wait (for the NX version).

I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing but I am a little worried about how vastly the world looks but feels very lifeless. So far with all that we've seen its been just big vast areas with nothing really in them besides small encampments of enemies and random treasures to find (and small shrines). They have stated several times today that towns and people are in the game but I'm worried that they will be secluded to those towns and you won't see many people out in the actual world, this works in older Zelda titles because the world itself isn't very big (not anywhere near as big as this is anyway) but when you have such a huge and open world it needs to have things that populate it. I guess I'm just hoping that you will see more in this world but they purposefully removed it from this E3 build in order to not spoil things but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

I dunno. Shadow of the Colossus didn't have anything in its giant world and that game was awesome.

Sawneeks

Banned
Same. I have a Wii U so I'm playing Breath of the Wild on it when it releases. Day 1.

They aren't going to have version specific in-game differences ( like the Wii U only has X dungeon while NX has X, Y, and Z dungeon ) but I wouldn't be surprised if their was a frame rate, resolution, or even a draw distance difference between the two.

I doubt we will get anything official until the NX is fully announced though.

Chaos17

I would've liked a little more of the set up of the story other than just waking up to this world.

Funny you say that because Aonuma kinda replied personaly to this: "I don't won't to spoil your fun so no infos about story and towns will be seen at this E3".

I swear to god I though : "did he just replied to GAF ?"

VanWinkle

It's funny that so far the most "next gen" game to come out of E3 this year is a Wii U game.

Wait, what? Having cool new traversal and environmental interactions has nothing to do with whether the game feels "next-gen" or not. It's just cool stuff unique to this game. And, unfortunately, the graphics are always there to bring you back down to earth, too.

Moff

GIF

NOOOOOOWWWWW

Tz7XxqU.gif

Alienous

Why?

The dungeons could just be spread out, and the first one an introduction to large dungeons being out there.

I'm thinking they'll coincide with story beats and probably be enlarged in a similar way to how the Zelda world has been enlarged. I'm expecting expansive, engrossing, major dungeons/temples. And 4 at the scale I'm thinking would be enough.

Top Bottom