• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Leviathan Announced | Coming Today

RoadHazard

Gold Member
These guys are stupidly productive. And all of it free.

I've been thinking about jumping back in, but it kinda feels overwhelming with how much stuff is in the game now compared to when I last played it (which was when they had just added multiplayer).

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I just want to know, are the planets still a boring barren wastelands?
Is there any random encounter, like NPC fighting each other on land or something?

Hanzaki

Neo Member
I just want to know, are the planets still a boring barren wastelands?
Is there any random encounter, like NPC fighting each other on land or something?
Yes sometimes NPC ships are landing near you and the pilot selling illegal upgrades and stuff to you.
The planets are much more variable and there are settlements too which you can "take over".

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Yes sometimes NPC ships are landing near you and the pilot selling illegal upgrades and stuff to you.
The planets are much more variable and there are settlements too which you can "take over".
what about NPC fighting with NPC?

Markio128

You just can’t knock ‘em for all the effort. It’s incredible really.
One thing I’d like them to add is the ability to start a new game without having to go through that laborious tutorial; you know, collecting all the bits for your first ship and gun etc., it’s a real passion killer.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So does this game actually have a story mode now? I played it eons ago on a PS4 Pro and i got bored pretty fast, not to mention it was one of the only games that made my PS4 Pro sound like a 747 taking off

Belthazar

You just can’t knock ‘em for all the effort. It’s incredible really.
One thing I’d like them to add is the ability to start a new game without having to go through that laborious tutorial; you know, collecting all the bits for your first ship and gun etc., it’s a real passion killer.

And you almost always start on a shit planet with some sort of awful climate condition. It's terrible

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this is a 6 year old game.

amazing support and all of the updates/content free. well done Hello Games. i wouldn't be mad if the next update was paid. i don't know how they are funding all this lmao.

Last edited:

Markio128

And you almost always start on a shit planet with some sort of awful climate condition. It's terrible
So true lol - it’s even worse if you start in survival mode - you end up spending the first few hours waiting in caves for the nuclear winter to end haha. I guess it’s useful for newbies to get used to all of the mechanics, but not so good for those of us who want to start a new game and just crack on with exploring.

AllBizness

Banned
I cant play this game because when flying in space the asteroid belt you fly through is on a loop every few seconds and its immersive breaking.

cool the devs keep pushing stuff out. but it's all the same empty fluff with graphics that get grating to the eyes after awhile. (series x player here) the trailers make it look like you'll be going on these epic adventures, but it's just real basic go here, go there space chores. wish the combat was good. maybe no mans sky 2?

stickkidsam

I just wish they would simplify the crafting/resource systems for big dumbs like me. The game looks so fun but that kills it for me every time.

Subnautica does it best I think.

SilentUser

It is incredible how they are still adding content after all these years! Will play it again when they release the PSVR2 version 🥰

I long for a day when a No Mans Sky update thread doesn't have two things:

1)People regurgitating how the team had such a wonderful comeback story.

2)People regurgitating the day 1 lies and how they still hate Sean Murray and the team to this day, who at this point have free real estate in their heads.

Leviathan looks really nice and I'm hoping they keep adding more quests and storylines in the future.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I long for a day when a No Mans Sky update thread doesn't have two things:

1)People regurgitating how the team had such a wonderful comeback story.

2)People regurgitating the day 1 lies and how they still hate Sean Murray and the team to this day, who at this point have free real estate in their heads.

Leviathan looks really nice and I'm hoping they keep adding more quests and storylines in the future.
3) someone reminding number 1 FFxiv also had a comeback.

Saiyan-Rox

I feel like this game is like coming into an MMO late

You're bombarded with info and quests when starting that you're so lost and end up giving up from being overwhelmed.

Harlock

I miss when you don´t have anything to do.
Played a lot in the PS4. Wish to continue in the Series S, but do all the repetivive tasks again is too much.

G-Bus

Banned
The guilt is strong.

Is all seriousness it's pretty awesome. Everytime I see they have done a new update I feel like downloading it again.

I miss when you don´t have anything to do.
Played a lot in the PS4. Wish to continue in the Series S, but do all the repetivive tasks again is too much.
It’s much easier now, though. Probably can take off in 15 minutes or so.
But I agree the start of the game is still very slow.

I still wish there was more to this. The whole planet generating system is damn cool, but I wish the game was some hardcore MMO or something.
EVE-style.

The updates are good, but in its core it still lacks proper game design imo. Cool, now you can build a base and ride a random generated spacebeast. But why should I?
There’s nothing at stake, ever. A waste of cool space..

Fools idol

Banned
how is the difficulty of this game? is it the kind of game I can slap a podcast on in the background and play to relax or does it require the same mentsl concentration as, say, satisfactory or something?

Last edited:
cool the devs keep pushing stuff out. but it's all the same empty fluff with graphics that get grating to the eyes after awhile. (series x player here) the trailers make it look like you'll be going on these epic adventures, but it's just real basic go here, go there space chores. wish the combat was good. maybe no mans sky 2?
Starfield.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The thing that still keeps me away from this game is my absolute hatred for the look of the planets.

There's good procedural generation in games like Minecraft, which makes you want to explore, and then there's just this random feeling endless surface of junk with horrible colors. The first few seconds of running on a planet in this video was just horrible footage even if there is some kind of whale in the sky. I don't get it. Does the design ever get better?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Murray really did get away with his lies.It just goes to show all you have got to do is sell the hype, to sell the game later.

Well, if people are enjoying No Mans Lie, more power to them.

what year is it GIF

2016?

Last edited:
Top Bottom