• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

The WiiU estimates are sad.
They're great for my predictions. Silver linings. And at least they're an improvement Y/Y.
Yep if Smash is at 500k this month, it's really a poor month and The Evil Within performance might not be this impressive relative to its budget and development time.
What do we know about it's budget...? I have a feeling it's done more than expected really, it's not like survival horror has been doing fantastic.

Does anyone, at this point, not know about the Nintendo store deal? Even SlickDeals knows about it and keeps track of its availability.

Refurbished sales are never huge. If everyone got a $200 refurbished unit, there wouldn't be $200 refurbished units lol.

B.O.O.M

It's better than last year, but yeah, those aren't good numbers.

Yeah that's what I figured. Considering it has a better library now and with holiday season coming up I thought it would do better. But then again Nov/Dec will be the better indicator of the holiday effect I guess.

Tons of users lament over cross gen titles, but looking at every NPD this year the 360 does considerably well. Seems like current gen versions of titles do well at launch, while last gen consoles have legs afterwards.

Makes sense. Those more likely to stick with the older consoles are more price conscious, therefore buying the games as they lower in price.

satori

I am at work so I cant shop this, can someone do this for me?

b6i7iKe.gif

Kusagari

Oh yea forgot about CoD. Then that leaves MCC, SSB4 and CoD fighting for positions 2-4

There's two Assassin's Creed games, Dragon Age, Far Cry, Lego Batman and Pokemon; not counting sports holdovers like NBA that sell gangbusters in November.

Smash will be lucky to make the top 10 at all.

JNA

Banned
I don't think it's just MCC selling the One though, I think it's that pricecut. I think November is up for grabs overall but I'm leaning towards Xbox One selling better.

Price cut won't mean as much in a month full of sales, bundles and what not. If Microsoft did THAT price cut a few months ago and actually kept it there, THEN that would be a different story.

MormaPope

Banned
I think AW has a better shot at the top spot than GTAV. But it wouldn't be the first time I underestimated that series.

GTA V remastered will end up being just as desirable as AW for current gen owners, even if they already played the last version. GTA will always be a must own franchise.

DVCY201

On one hand, way to go Mikami! Looking forward to the sequel for The Evil Within.
On the other hand, no Bayonetta 2? :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
They are desperately trying to become self sufficient, and you can only do that by owning hit IP.

Yeah, getting a successful IP does have multiplicative effects. Sony got burned PS1 gen and learned from that mistake.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, Smash is retail and eShop combined. If the digital share on overall sales stayed he same for this month, we'd have 95,000 on eShop and 405,000 at retail. But I think it's possible the digital share decreased in the second month.

Unless it pulls a MK8 in the nxt few months and the digital share goes up dramatically

LycanXIII

Im very conflicted about if November NPD is going to be interesting at all. For November NPD I expect SO to not chart, MCC to be in the 2-4 chart position with smash bros next to it(either above or below MCC), and GTA V in the 1st position.

Edit: I also expect Pokemon to be there and LBP to be around 6-8 position so that's 2 exclusives for Nintendo, 1 for Microsoft and 1 for sony

You've also got CoD, 2 AssCreed games, Dragon Age, and Far Cry for November as well. It might be hard for exclusives to chart higher than normal.

Ploid 3.0

Insomniac is fine, they provided Microsoft with a awesome game, if it didn't sell well enough for Microsoft it's on their own self. Insomniac on the other hand has a critically acclaimed franchise on their hands that would be easier to shop around if they chose to make a sequel, and maybe Microsoft would have to compete for buying it a second time. Just please no EA.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Bomba
#Bombclub
Just Bomb 2015

Has the dancing genre met the fate of Guitar Hero and its ilk?

probably

just dance was popular with the wii

the wii is dead and
obviously the wii u hasn't capture that same kind of attention
not a great reason, but it is one

even then ubisoft iirc is positioning just dance to smartphones anyway

stryke

Insomniac is fine, they provided Microsoft with a awesome game, if it didn't sell well enough for Microsoft it's on their own self. Insomniac on the other hand has a critically acclaimed franchise on their hands that would be easier to shop around if they chose to make a sequel, and maybe Microsoft would have to compete for buying it a second time. Just please no EA.

It's more than likely a rights of first of refusal is in place.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... Driveclub is waaaaaay down there. There was very little interest in this game.

Didn't it do like 8,000 units in Japan, too?

I wonder what it's like in Europe, where I imagine it will do best. Still, sub-150k LTD doesn't seem out of the question.

Drive Club probably sold very well digitally, but I can't say it's not deserved if not. What a nightmare launch.

Also what happened to Hindle? Did he get overexcited in the Xbone sales thread yesterday?

It starts here.

Y2Kev is trolling guys, he doesn't have any sources.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138622519&highlight=#post138622519

Then it just snowballs completely out of control, till its just Hindle against world.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Bomba
#Bombclub
Just Bomb 2015

Has the dancing genre met the fate of Guitar Hero and its ilk?

I don't think a mass market music game has ever survived much longer (or perhaps even as long?) as Just Dance, so I think they did a good job with the time they had.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel being up their doesn't surprise me at all. It's fanbase is still huge and popular among the cosplay crowd. Lots of people showed up at my local gamestop midnight launch for it. I think I was the only person their for that and The Evil Within.

Sunset Overbomba, Borderlands a LOT higher that I expected, Super Smashing records, Destiny falling down a lot. People told to wait for Driveclub in October, it crashed and burned, hopefully we'll know if it performed worse than FH2.

November will be the month to watch.

Ugh, you guys need to shutup. Sunset Overdrive is far from a bomb. A new IP on a console with only a couple million installed base is not going to sell 500k in a couple days.

Insomniac doesn't have the brand power of Naughty Dog or Rockstar or Bungie. It's a harder sell.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune sold 117k in its first month. 117k. And look where that series is now.

Top Bottom