• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NSFW: You accidentally killed someone in your house, would you turn your self in or try to get away with it???

You accidentally killed someone in your house

• I would call the cops and turn myself in

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • I would try to get away with it

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
No. That's self defense. You're innocent in my eyes.
depends on the country and also tell that to a judge. In Canada if someone broke into my house and I took a bat to them , sadly I would also be in the one seeing jail time. Woulsnt be surprised if they somehow felt pitty for the robber and being damaged enough is enough punishment for them.

Just to be on the safe side, build a fountain on top of that pit.
Less suspicious.
This reminds me a story my friend told me when he worked for a shed building company.

Some dude calls their company offering to pay a bunch of money upfront to get them out there the next day. The guy lives out in the middle of nowhere and when they get there he shows them where he wants it built. It was nowhere near the actual house and it was a spot with what looked to be fresh dirt.

It didn't help that the guy was kinda weird in the first place, but they ended up calling their boss and telling him about it and he told them to GTFO. They just told him they couldn't build on fresh dirt and bounced.

GeorgPrime

Banned
So. You invited a girl to your apartment and you had a bit of fun. For some reason you killed her.
Would you call the cops and turn your self in or would you try to get away with it?
I think I' would try to get away with it. I know it's not the right thing to do, but jail doesn't sound attractive.

Glad that we had sex in the bathtube were we also felt asleep.

I watched enough Breaking Bad and know what to do and what i better dont do.

;)

Last edited:

Thurible

Would not have "fun" but If I somehow accidentally wind up killing someone I certainly would alert the authorities. I would also offer the same kindness to friends and my family if I were aware of such a crime, no one should be able to get away with murder. Also what if someone (me or someone else) needs help and is a danger to themselves and others?

daveonezero

Banned
Same strategy if you have a home invader and you have to defend your life liberty and property with deadly force. Make some coffee. Call a Lawyer.

No need to incriminate yourself or put the police on edge. With the possibility that they over react and kill you or beat you up.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So. You invited a girl to your apartment and you had a bit of fun. For some reason you killed her. EDIT:If you decide to go to the authorities, you'll go to jail for 20 years.
Would you call the cops and turn your self in or would you try to get away with it?
I think I' would try to get away with it. I know it's not the right thing to do, but jail doesn't sound attractive.
Look if this some cry for help. Call the police do your time.

Look if this some cry for help. Call the police do your time.
I ain't going to jail man. No way. It's all gonna be good. Just bought concrete and I'm starting to build a fountain over the dead body.
Nobody will ever know.

I was rewatching Breaking Bad the other day so that's the inspiration for this thread. I was gonna ask the question, how would you get rid of the body, but I figured that's a bit too much.

I live in a stand your ground state so I think I'd be okay.

If that wouldn't work out I'd just do the time. I don't have the cash on hand to go live on a beach in Mexico and I would still be young enough getting out that my life wouldn't just be instantly over from a 20 year sentence.

McCheese

The title was "accidentally" in which case I go to the police as I've done nothing wrong.

But now the OP has said I would get 20 years for going to the cops, well, here in the UK you wouldn't even get 10 years for accidental murder half the time so it's a no-brainer to try and cover it up, I either get away with it or get caught and sentenced to less than 20 years.

I would keep track of where the cops dig for the body, then I would go to where they've just dug earlier and put the body there. What are the odds of them checking there again? Very low.

Prison sounds miserable.
Since we're going down rabbit holes...
If I had a dead girl in my house. Yeah, I'd wait for like 3 A.M. and then go to the garden to dig a hole. I'd place the body in the hole and cover it.
Then I'm guessing somebody saw her with me earlier, right? I would be proactive with this problem. I'd look her up and call her parents first thing in the morning and tell them she was with me last night and she was crying and shit, she was threatening to kill her self and then she just walked out of the house and dissapeared. They'd never suspect me. Pretty smart I think.
Then when all the shit calmed down, like a few months after, I'd buy one of those concrete mixers that Papa Papa operates at work. And I would low key dig the hole, pour a shit load of concrete there and build a sitting bench or a fountain on top of that concrete. That's how I'd do it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dump the body

giphy.gif

and live a normal life.
giphy.gif

quickwhips

I would probably chop her hands off and leave the body somewhere. Then sew the hands to my body so the police wouldn’t be able to handcuff me allowing me to escape. /s

Son Tofu

Banned
You have to remove any indentifable body parts. Take the body out in pieces to not arouse suspicion. Also make sure you don't ask what do with a person's body on an internet message board.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh.
They don't call me dingleberry for nothing.
How are you gonna get away with murder? First of all when you invite somebody over unless they are a ghost with no social life, are fucking a married woman, they will tell a person or post it on their social media. The first place cops are gonna go is to your house. There are only so many things you can do and unless everything goes perfectly and your neighbors don't snitch you are most likely fucked! Not to mention literally everybody here has a camera at their front door and well there are just way too many variables. Also what situation leads to you "accidentally" killing somebody? If it is an accident cops will see that and depending on your country turning yourself in would be better. UNLESS you live in bumfuck nowhere and people usually disappear all the time. But that is a BIG what if.

Bask in the golden glow with us, brother

NM4MDuh.gif

butt why

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda noticed that people have some sort of animosity towards him. Is there something I'm not aware of?
He seems like a cool dude.

• Keeps changing name
  • Keeps moaning about not getting enough likes
  • Seems desperate for people to like him
It grates.

Top Bottom