• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

QgBda8Th.png

https://twitter.com/RepAlGreen/status/864814620250451971

Le'ts Not Stay Together

Burr can literally request that document himself. This response is basically proof that it not only exists, but it's true.

Also sounds like Burr is personally implicated in something related.

You need to cut back on the Mensch. This is just Burr doing his typical foot dragging. It is in no way a suggestion that he is personally implicated.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh i'm not law enforcement, i'm just a regular civilian that knows he is genetically better than trump that gives me god gien right to do whatever i want in terms of arresting him. I've never pulled that card before but I may have to this time.

tenor.gif

Is this guy for real?

tbm24

Begins and ends with belittling the press reports that actually broke these stories. Without them, we'd be sitting on our hands with no knowledge of obstruction. But okay, let's forget the press.

It's a love hate relationship with politicians and the press. What matters is that Comey will be testifying before the Senate.

CHC

I actually just blew my own mind by double, even triple (!) checking.....

This news broke at 5 PM

YESTERDAY

Feels like a fucking month ago.

If Democrats don't call Republicans on all of their newly exposed double standards after this presidency I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Most reps probably won't because they wanna be seen as bipartisan and not divisive. Don't wanna annoy the "both sides" crowd of voters (who unarguably are as dumb and worthless as Trump voters)

Fergie

Banned

Either Ryan is complicit or just doesn't give a shit and would do anything to pass his bills.

He can't expect this at all. It'll happen.

@daveweigel:
"Rep. Gary Palmer says if what Comey says is true, he should have been fired immediately for not telling congress."

wat?

Can't be the best defence this guy than think of. Comey has supposedly sent these memo's to the FBI and DOJ.

GOP have really lost their fucking minds

RDreamer

@daveweigel:
"Rep. Gary Palmer says if what Comey says is true, he should have been fired immediately for not telling congress."

wat?

kris.

Banned
This guy is a buffoon. Why wouldn't you want this cleared up by Comey himself? Fuck Hatch.

lol because Hatch doesn't want to inherit this mess once Pence and Ryan go down with Trump

can you just remove yourself from the line of succession if you don't want the job?

Most reps probably won't because they wanna be seen as bipartisan and not divisive. Don't wanna annoy the "both sides" crowd of voters (who unarguably are as dumb and worthless as Trump voters)

Hell, there's no argument in my opinion. Anyone who is watching the same news I am, let alone the actual basic policy this administration has pushed through, and still pulls the "both sides" card is an imbecile.

@daveweigel:

wat?

He should be asked point blank if he believes that himself or the rest of Congress would do jack shit in response if he did tell them and what that would be.

Afrodium

Banned
If Democrats don't call Republicans on all of their newly exposed double standards after this presidency I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

This is the party that chastised Dems for fighting Gorsuch immediately after refusing to view on a Supreme Court Justice for a year. If Trump ends up getting impeached the GOP will absolutely use it as justification for opening meaningless investigations into the next Dem president.

LiK

lol because Hatch doesn't want to inherit this mess once Pence and Ryan go down with Trump

can you just remove yourself from the line of succession if you don't want the job?

Exactly. they hope it goes away so they don't need to do anything. Good lord, these people are useless.

Either Ryan is complicit or just doesn't give a shit and would do anything to pass his bills.

He can't expect this at all. It'll happen.

GOP have really lost their fucking minds

WhyNotBoth.clipart

They don't want to look because they are afraid of what they'll find. They also want those sweet, sweet tax cuts for the rich.

Fergie

Banned
WhyNotBoth.clipart

They don't want to look because they are afraid of what they'll find. They also want those sweet, sweet tax cuts for the rich.

True.

But a serious thing like this isn't some thing to just avoid.

Graham is at least asking for Comey to publicly testify. Which was something reported that Comey would only do.

I actually just blew my own mind by double, even triple (!) checking.....

This news broke at 5 PM

YESTERDAY

Feels like a fucking month ago.

I feel this past fortnight has been the biggest in terms of Trump news.

Sally Yates Testimony.
Firing of Dir Comey.
Trump meeting Kislyak and Lavrov.
Trump contradicting the white house about Comey being fired.
The leak about Trump leaking classified information.
White House denying leak.
Trump confirming leak.
Trump wanting to end Flynn investigation.

It feels particularly big to me because the story keeps shifting from one to the other. I am also expecting we will hear from Comey in the next week or so.

Top Bottom