• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Occultic;Nine anime/tv |OT| From the author of Steins; Gate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Boooo, I forgot to post about episode 8.

So who is this organization pulling the strings on everything behind the scenes?

Occultic;Nine 5 & 6

Welp.
Looks like that theory I read back during episode 4 was right, they're all dead. Episode 5 kind of hinted at that too, what with people continually being ignored and people not having shadows. And it had to be connected with everyone getting weird reactions right around the time of the lake discovery.

Pretty much the only person I'm not sure about is Ryo-Tas, but considering how weird her and Izumin are, she may be dead too. Given what I read in the LN and how hard she pushed Yuta to investigate Sarai's dad, she's probably dead too... Random guess, but she's probably connected to the voice in the radio (it may even be her).

And that box scene. I could've told her not to open it.

Cornbread78

Oh..

Things are starting to piece together slowly, hopefully the larger picture will becone clear next week as the dectective/spiritual girl starts to piece things together.

so is this show good?

Well, after the first episode it gets much, much better, but it's alright. It's a non-stop mystery, if you like those kinds of shows.

so is this show good?

I'm a bit mixed to be honest.

There are some interesting ideas and characters, and I like the overall story, but the pacing is downright atrocious at times. You'll know whether or not you want to continue after the first episode. It does get better after that, fwiw, but you'll have a good idea of whether or not you're intrigued enough to continue.

Occultic;Nine 9

OMG this episode was intense, the part with the boxes and albino boy was probably the most disturbing,
at some point I was sure they would pop a cutted head to our face.
. The use of colors was also excellent and the unique way they presented some scenes, like Myu's walking down the hallways in *first person* with the heavy breathing, really made the scene much more tense. Also revelations! revelations everywhere! Visible and Invisible,
Ryo-tas is in on the occult thing
TIME TRAVEL!!!!
and
Gamotan is an important piece to the whole occult stuff.

This was an INSANE episode! I'm loving this so much!

I'm ready for when the 3rd party big demon crew will show up!

Occultic;Nine 7-9

eSTlGFF.jpg

Well things are piecing together more. Looks like they're going to go with
time travel in order to bring some (all?) of them back to life. Not sure how I feel about that, but it was kind of obvious that not all of them would stay dead, so it's not a huge surprise.

The one big surprise for me was that
Ryotasu is not dead. Combined with some stuff from the anime, observations about her in the LN gave me the impression that she was in fact dead. At the very least, since episode 3 and reading the novel it was pretty clear she was playing dumb. Like I thought, she was Zonko. Sounds like there might also be some parallel world/different timeline shenanigans going on here based off of some things that she said, the OP and the end card.

The FBI agent coming in was kind of a nice change of pace. Largely because she started to help solve stuff, and she also has a cool occultic power. Unfortunately, a couple characters still get shunted to the side. Seems like Kiryu might finally get some real time in the sun next episode.

Cornbread78

Ditch the tags yo, well, unless they are LN spoilers..

I'm really interested to see who she zctually is znd what role she plays since she isn't dead like the others. Looks like boy detective is on the same path as well...

What I really want to see is how they introduce time travel, if not handled well it could fuck the whole story, since I assume we are getting to an original ending? The LN being not finished and in hiatus.

Radio voice is I assume either Ryotas or one of the invisible ghost. Since if we base ourselves from what happened with Myu and how she could let her voice come out of the radio, they seem to have to be rather close. It probably has to do with the electro magnetic waves that comes with the intake of scandinium that cause the visible ghost thing. So that's why I am not 100% sure the voice is Ryotas.

Also I like how the show gets original with how it presents some scenes, sometimes it's a miss like the spinning in episode 7 or sometime it's really cool like the walking down the corridor like in episode 9.

What I really want to see is how they introduce time travel, if not handled well it could fuck the whole story, since I assume we are getting to an original ending? The LN being not finished and in hiatus.

Radio voice is I assume either Ryotas or one of the invisible ghost.

Yeah, the time travel thing makes me a bit nervous. Aside from the pace of the dialogue, I've liked the overall story, but time travel could potentially be sloppy. Hopefully Chiyomaru pulls through and makes it good.

Radio voice I assume is Ryotasu, mostly because of how much she's been pushing Yuta to go do certain things and she's never around when the voice starts up. Makes me think she pushes him to do stuff and then guided him from afar in a way that wouldn't draw too many initial questions. If she is from the future or an alternate timeline, she would know the stuff Zonko's been eluding to. And my mind could be playing tricks on me, but it also sounds like a vaguely distorted version of her voice. A third party is an option, but I hope it's her.

As for the LN, I really do hope it's just a hiatus. I liked the first LN a lot on J-Novel, and would love to see it continue. But they're developing a VN, the anime will finish and the circumstances around this are similar to the Committee of Antimatter LN indefinite delay and eventual cancellation.

With time travel potentially being at play, I've seen other people theorize that they'll go back to the LNs, they'll have a different ending than the anime and the VN could have both of those endings plus the "True" ending. I think that could be pretty cool.

Yeah, the time travel thing makes me a bit nervous. Aside from the pace of the dialogue, I've liked the overall story, but time travel could potentially be sloppy. Hopefully Chiyomaru pulls through and makes it good.

Radio voice I assume is Ryotasu, mostly because of how much she's been pushing Yuta to go do certain things and she's never around when the voice starts up. Makes me think she pushes him to do stuff and then guided him from afar in a way that wouldn't draw too many initial questions. If she is from the future or an alternate timeline, she would know the stuff Zonko's been eluding to. And my mind could be playing tricks on me, but it also sounds like a vaguely distorted version of her voice. A third party is an option, but I hope it's her.

As for the LN, I really do hope it's just a hiatus. I liked the first LN a lot on J-Novel, and would love to see it continue. But they're developing a VN, the anime will finish and the circumstances around this are similar to the Committee of Antimatter LN indefinite delay and eventual cancellation.

With time travel potentially being at play, I've seen other people theorize that they'll go back to the LNs, they'll have a different ending than the anime and the VN could have both of those endings plus the "True" ending. I think that could be pretty cool.
I mean the fact she comes from the future has been teased with her saying in ep.9 that if Gamotan doesn't come the world is doom. Also wasn't it Gamotan that said that she just kind of came down from the sky like an angel one day or something, I can't remember it clearly, but I'm sure they said something along those lines. I'm still thinking of a third party thought. Since the radio only truly make sounds with the dead talking and we clearly see that Ryotasu is alive. Hopefully they use the time travel card well.

As for the LN, I'm in the same boat. I'm reading it on J-novel and I'm loving it! That VN thing with 3 endings would be really cool. I kind of hope it happens.

I mean the fact she comes from the future has been teased with her saying in ep.9 that if Gamotan doesn't come the world is doom. Also wasn't it Gamotan that said that she just kind of came down from the sky like an angel one day or something, I can't remember it clearly, but I'm sure they said something along those lines. I'm still thinking of a third party thought. Since the radio only truly make sounds with the dead talking and we clearly see that Ryotasu is alive. Hopefully they use the time travel card well.

As for the LN, I'm in the same boat. I'm reading it on J-novel and I'm loving it! That VN thing with 3 endings would be really cool. I kind of hope it happens.

Yeah, the radio picking up both Yuta and Miyuu's voices is an interesting clue. Combine that with the fact that Yuta's dad gave it to him, and I could see how one could think it's only picking up "dead" people's voices. Clearly he'd be involved in that stuff. I still feel like it being Ryotasu could be an interesting development for her, but we'll see.

Yeah, something has been fishy with Ryotasu since the beginning. The LN and the first episode make note of how she just appears in the park with Yuta out of nowhere, when it would've been impossible for him to miss her entering. I agree that this episode and the third one seem to hint at her being from the future. She clearly has knowledge of what will (or at least can) happen. Some people think that she's an alien based off of the boobs and the next episode title having "another planet" in it, but I think that's a reference to her or her consciousness coming from the future, where the planet is very different because of Yuta's inaction.

Yeah, the radio picking up both Yuta and Miyuu's voices is an interesting clue. Combine that with the fact that Yuta's dad gave it to him, and I could see how one could think it's only picking up "dead" people's voices. Clearly he'd be involved in that stuff. I still feel like it being Ryotasu could be an interesting development for her, but we'll see.

Yeah, something has been fishy with Ryotasu since the beginning. The LN and the first episode make note of how she just appears in the park with Yuta out of nowhere, when it would've been impossible for him to miss her entering. I agree that this episode and the third one seem to hint at her being from the future. She clearly has knowledge of what will (or at least can) happen. Some people think that she's an alien based off of the boobs and the next episode title having "another planet" in it, but I think that's a reference to her or her consciousness coming from the future, where the planet is very different because of Yuta's inaction.
I mean we have been teased a demon's presence at least 4 times now and Albino boy is clearly not with the organisation that's making the scandium. What I'm guessing here is that if something bad has happened in the future those white demon/people we saw have something to do with it AND it's because they mastered this eternal life/soul escaping the body thing. With Albino boy possibly being something else then a human, some demons are clearly after something.

Also as the big mastermind from the organisation been possessed by one of the demon? I mean there are so many possibilities and probably so much stuff I overlook too. I mean we could have missed clues like the shadows from when they were dead before we were told they were.

I like to speculate with these kind of shows and having not many people actually watch it made it kind of hard.

I forgot to mention that the manga that's being released seems to be following a different path than the anime, so there's definitely some openings here for different paths in different adaptations of the story.

I mean we have been teased a demon's presence at least 4 times now and Albino boy is clearly not with the organisation that's making the scandium. What I'm guessing here is that if something bad has happened in the future those white demon/people we saw have something to do with it AND it's because they mastered this eternal life/soul escaping the body thing. With Albino boy possibly being something else then a human, some demons are clearly after something.

Also as the big mastermind from the organisation been possessed by one of the demon? I mean there are so many possibilities and probably so much stuff I overlook too. I mean we could have missed clues like the shadows from when they were dead before we were told they were.

I like to speculate with these kind of shows and having not many people actually watch it made it kind of hard.

I need to rewatch the last two episodes, but the albino boy seemed to hint at being from a rich family, and having been irradiated with waves and a literal ton of scandium. That's what I picked up from his conversation with Ririka. That said, there is definitely more to him than we've seen, so the jury is still out on exactly what he is and what's up with him.

I've been thinking a bit, and I'm still favoring my theory that Ryo-Tas is Zonko. Everything about her demeanor and how they have been guiding Yuta seems too connected to handwave away as someone else. Plus when she revealed herself to Yuta at the end of the episode, she seemed to have a similar type of attitude as Zonko. Her being a demon from the future is an interesting idea. That would explain the abnormally large breasts and the PoyaGun. Although, the police claim to have info on her and the preview showed a family tree, so she might just be a regular human from the present who sent her consciousness into the future. Clearly Kiryu can do something similar, so maybe she can too.

As for the mastermind, I feel like he is or is related to someone we know (of). I've seen some people theorize that he might have been the guy who called and harassed Myu and claimed to have terminal cancer. It would fit with her prediction that he ends up in a computer storage area ten years from now. A popular theory I've seen thrown around is that the emperor is Yuta's dad.

I forgot to mention that the manga that's being released seems to be following a different path than the anime, so there's definitely some openings here for different paths in different adaptations of the story.

I need to rewatch the last two episodes, but the albino boy seemed to hint at being from a rich family, and having been irradiated with waves and a literal ton of scandium. That's what I picked up from his conversation with Ririka. That said, there is definitely more to him than we've seen, so the jury is still out on exactly what he is and what's up with him.

I've been thinking a bit, and I'm still favoring my theory that Ryo-Tas is Zonko. Everything about her demeanor and how they have been guiding Yuta seems too connected to handwave away as someone else. Plus when she revealed herself to Yuta at the end of the episode, she seemed to have a similar type of attitude as Zonko. Her being a demon from the future is an interesting idea. That would explain the abnormally large breasts and the PoyaGun. Although, the police claim to have info on her and the preview showed a family tree, so she might just be a regular human from the present who sent her consciousness into the future. Clearly Kiryu can do something similar, so maybe she can too.

As for the mastermind, I feel like he is or is related to someone we know (of). I've seen some people theorize that he might have been the guy who called and harassed Myu and claimed to have terminal cancer. It would fit with her prediction that he ends up in a computer storage area ten years from now. A popular theory I've seen thrown around is that the emperor is Yuta's dad.
Was he? I did not catch that he was super sandium radiated, but when I was referring to demons I was also talking about the mask white dude from I think episode 6 or 7. He appears briefly following Gamotan. We will find out more in due time I'm sure. Also was the demon that *killed* Gamotan just is imagination? Was it ever specfied?

The cancer guy theory is super cool! I never thought of that and it would make so much sense too. This would really make it like no detail in O;9 is there for no reason. Also for Gamotan's dad, was it ever specified how he died? I don't really remember.

Was he? I did not catch that he was super sandium radiated, but when I was referring to demons I was also talking about the mask white dude from I think episode 6 or 7. He appears briefly following Gamotan. We will find out more in due time I'm sure. Also was the demon that *killed* Gamotan just is imagination? Was it ever specfied?

The cancer guy theory is super cool! I never thought of that and it would make so much sense too. This would really make it like no detail in O;9 is there for no reason. Also for Gamotan's dad, was it ever specified how he died? I don't really remember.

I went back and rewatched Albino's convo with Ririka in episode 8. He basically says he was born in the winner's circle from birth, and that's because his parents were wealthy and he received "special treatment". He goes into scandium a bit and more or less talks about how he's invincible because of it and can never die. Ririka raises the question of whether or not he's alive, and he claims he is but that he can see ghosts. He got shot, so it looks like he was right.

Ohh, you meant the masked guy from episodes 3 & 7. He did show up outside Hashigami's funeral prior to the devil incident in 3 and prior to Yuta finding his body in 7. At the end of the last episode we see that he's apart of the cult, The Society of Eight Gods of Fortune. He appears to be a prominent figure, and the mask is a symbol of the cult.

For the devil incident Yuta, we currently don't know what that was. They seemed to initially spin it as a nightmare, but when he wakes up he's dead by that point. There's obviously more to that (either it's symbolic or it literally happened), but I don't know yet.

We don't know how Yuta's dad died, which is sort of what makes that theory click a bit more for me.

Occultic;Nine 10 - Another Girl, Another Planet

81efb0d76da9fb674bfc37348dbcea85.jpg

First scene into the episode and the first thing I say is *oh shit*. This new fellow that just entered definitely just cranked up the feeling of urgency for our group of protagonist. And so I kind of like how they introduced time travel so far. At first I was kind of scared, because time travel in anime can easily equal to fuck ups, but no it was well handled and the many revelation in this episode like how It's actually the daughter of Nikola Tesla time travelling to try and save I guess what is the future she saw by following the radio waves into the future.

With this reveal though, half of my cool theories just aren't possible anymore...and I was finding myself so cool too.

That post-credit scene, with what we saw happen to Myu with albino boy, Ririka is deep in the shit right now.

Really cool concept, the suspense in this show is also always at an high.

Also I noted some camera stuff that some people here would most definitely not like lol.

Occultic;Nine 10

As expected, Ryo-tas=Zonko. Well, kinda. Her being possessed by Aveline and having a connection with Tesla is an interesting surprise. So it looks like the emperor is Ryoka's grandfather, as he's the leader of the conglomerate. So she got possessed by her ancestor's electromagnetic after wave, who is trying to save the world from him. First by stealing the Wardclyfe(sp?) gun, which seems to help power her and Yuta up. I'm curious what she's going to say when confronted by Asuna.

I'm thinking Master Izumin is the guy behind the mask. That or he was the cab driver and is a ghost watching from the background. There's just something way off with him.

Ririka's got a shadow, so she's somehow revived herself.

This is probably an important clue:

(credit to redditors for those images)

Feels like the show went ahead and answered some questions, only to raise another one for each one answered. With two episodes left, it'll be interesting to see how they wrap all of this up.

Also, redditor An9n explains the ED:

The ED finally explained.
The woman sitting behind the Tesla Coil is Aveline, the daughter of Nikola Tesla. She's also the one that appears in a blue background in various shots.
-The red colored marble that represents Ryoka is between the light and the shade because is two souls in one body.
-Ryoka is shown inside a cage and sleeping because Aveline's consciousness has taken over her body. And at the end she finally wakes up and calls for the only person that can get her out of the cage: Gamon.

Occultic;Nine 10.

Ririka's got a shadow, so she's somehow revived herself.

This is probably an important clue:

(credit to redditors for those images)

Feels like the show went ahead and answered some questions, only to raise another one for each one answered. With two episodes left, it'll be interesting to see how they wrap all of this up.

Also, redditor An9n explains the ED:
OMG I interpreted that in such a wrong way lol! How did I miss the shadow :O

Cornbread78

Well, I guess that is a huge step into pinpointing who is at fault for the scandium and the mass suicide. Of course, rhino tits is the key to everything, I mean, it's always the most eccentric character you see.

I've just read that there is a light novel of this series... does it follow the same story as the anime?

The anime is based on the LN, so yes. However, things are better paced, the sequence of events in the LN are easier to follow, and there's far better set-up and exposition in the novel. I personally prefer O;9 as a LN series.

And yes, there is speculation that the manga, LN and anime will have different endings.

Cornbread78

Now everything is in place to take on the "evil" scheme and thing finally make sense. I really want to see how they take out the Odd Eye. Where did the time travel concept go though? I guess it was debunked by the other detective, so there is no way thet can come back alive then?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 12: Well this was a fun ride :) Is there a second series planned, or something like that? I'm kinda bummed it's over already, and I'm really amazed in how every episode had a few surprises in store.

Definitively some Stein's Gate vibes especially in later episodes.

Cornbread78

Episode 12: Well this was a fun ride :) Is there a second series planned, or something like that? I'm kinda bummed it's over already, and I'm really amazed in how every episode had a few surprises in store.

Yeah, it got much better in later episodes as things slowed down and they started to make sense of the story. It's a shzme most people dropped it after the opening shit episode though.

The VN was officially announced in Japan for this year, so hope hard we get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom