• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

BigAT

Sounds like something that's right up GAF's alley.

It would be a 20-page thread if was some random person in OT, it's a locked thread in gaming side.

I guess the guy from Kotaku she was banging gave her game a really good review or something? I would say that is scandalous if I had even a shred of expectations for games journalism...but I don't.

eznark

Banned
Video games: where this guy is involved in a sex scandal

member_94861422.jpeg

Video games are just the worst.

I know you know that option plays are in the game. It hasn't been that long since you've played.

I know that, but they don't really have good run/pass type plays where both are built in. Or maybe I don't remember?

Yeah that's why I was confused as to why it hadn't become some hilarious time waster thread. Apparently she has mod protection.

She has mod protection on GAF, Reddit and god knows where else. She's basically untouchable. I'm almost afraid I've said too much and the Illuminati might get me!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just find it impressive the amount of sites that wont say anything about it. Usually there is atleast one big website that will jump on these things for the hits. Although i guess thats usually Kotaku, which was compromised.

Somnia

By the way for anyone still needing a PS4. GameStop is selling the PS4 + Infamous (digital copy) + 3 months of Plus for 399.99 right now.

brentech

Even though they don't do prime free shipping on it (wouldn't expect them to, it's 70lbs), I received my Concept2 Model D indoor rower today as a 2 day delivery. Ordered it late Sunday night.

Always wanted a rower. Was my most used machine at the college rec center. A friend of my was on the crew team at OSU and recommended that model. Doesn't hurt that consumer reports did as well.

Really smooth machine.

So which of you bros wants to show me the ropes of this game when it hits? Like FMT said, I'd better play a few before the season actually starts so I at least have the fundamental mechanics down. I expect to get ripped a new asshole this year but hopefully get better as the season progresses and will be more competitive in the future. Feel free to give me advice as you're crushing me ;)

So which of you bros wants to show me the ropes of this game when it hits? Like FMT said, I'd better play a few before the season actually starts so I at least have the fundamental mechanics down. I expect to get ripped a new asshole this year but hopefully get better as the season progresses and will be more competitive in the future. Feel free to give me advice as you're crushing me ;)

oberyn+1.gif

most league members are more than willing to play exhibition games and give you tips. we'll play plenty before the league starts but if i can give you a couple tips at this point they would be:

1. DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER! DON'T! a sure fire way to lose and get blown out is to have multiple turnovers in a game. resist the urge and just take the sack.

2. RUN THE BALL! people get too discouraged by having failures early running the ball and start pass pass passing. this means more turnovers. Run the ball and stick with it. at the very least you'll stay in the game most of the time!

p.s.

livewire, you and mcneily are playing for the redskins so plan for that!

oberyn+1.gif

most league members are more than willing to play exhibition games and give you tips. we'll play plenty before the league starts but if i can give you a couple tips at this point they would be:

1. DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER! DON'T! a sure fire way to lose and get blown out is to have multiple turnovers in a game. resist the urge and just take the sack.

2. RUN THE BALL! people get too discouraged by having failures early running the ball and start pass pass passing. this means more turnovers. Run the ball and stick with it. at the very least you'll stay in the game most of the time!

p.s.

Thanks brah! I look forward to it. So are there updates for player status? For instance, will Dockett not be playable now or will the game not update his health status? I better be able to play Honey Badger!

Thanks brah! I look forward to it. So are there updates for player status? For instance, will Dockett not be playable now or will the game not update his health status? I better be able to play Honey Badger!
i think it's with whatever rosters we use and if we turn pre existing injuries off

Trasher

oberyn+1.gif

p.s.

Sounds like a great way to NOT have fun imo.

injuries have never carried over in the past (though we do have the option to do so) and i don't expect them to carry over this year but i'm sure some people will want to keep my boy bowman off the field! i don't care either way but we'll see!

Ramirez

Put Fitz in the slot on 5 wide, profit.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

This is really the best advice. I was the rookie last year. My first time playing competitively other than playing my son, cousin and various friends. I got my ass handed to me every single week because I would average at least 3 turnovers a game. Take the damn sack. Seriously.

Also when you pick a play make sure that you know what your second and third options are. Sitting on one receiver is the worst thing you can do. People will figure you out eventuAlly whether it's during the game or by word of mouth so make sure you learn some diverse attacks.

I was still the only person who beat Mark twice last year!

Ferny

Just looked it up, no pre-loading for madden. Apparently any title that ws able to be pre-ordered digitally before May 20th isn't able to do it. All titles post Destiny will support pre-loading or something.

Diablo had pre-loading

LiveWire

So I got an extra copy of Deadlight (great 4-5 hour indie game) as part of the recent Humble Bundle. Anyone want it? First post or PM gets it.

As a former NFC West bro I can give you tips to beat FMT.

1. Pay Donny Moore to rate PWilly 0
2. Pay a programmer to stealth nerf the 49ers
3. Invest heavily in Gamesharks.
4. Run the ball for more then 4 YPC.
5. Score a TD on every drive.
6. Hope your previously perfect hands running back doesn't fumble all the time.
7. Watch for the WR motion/drive routes in the Red Zone.
8. Pay Rors to fill in for you.

As a former NFC West bro I can give you tips to beat FMT.

1. Pay Donny Moore to rate PWilly 0
2. Pay a programmer to stealth nerf the 49ers
3. Invest heavily in Gamesharks.
4. Run the ball for more then 4 YPC.
5. Score a TD on every drive.
6. Hope your previously perfect hands running back doesn't fumble all the time.
7. Watch for the WR motion/drive routes in the Red Zone.
8. Pay Rors to fill in for you.

you forgot #9! VD is always open

Top Bottom