• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMFG! XB360 AfterBurner - Virtua Fighter - Sonic - HoTD Chrome Mech game VIDEOS

videos:
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1399_en.html or
http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MYEON2XDU0D10OQEGMD2YPZ80

Afterburner2.JPG

I'm totally friggin stoked about AfterBurner and House of the Dead :D :D

and Sonic looks awesome too

1sega3602.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wow, sonic looks like a cg movie intro. too bad these are cam videos like 100 ft away from the screen

oh well. OA EXCLUSIVE, GAF ROSEBUDDED

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
WOW! I can almost see something that might be kinda sorta good looking... perhaps!

This must be what it's like to play the Gameboy Micro.

Socreges

Banned
Afterburner looks HOT

Can't really comment on anything else. The graphics are obviously very good, but without seeing anything in gameplay, I just don't really care.

Yeah, HOTD looked like the camera panned to different doors to emphasize whole additional masses of zombies joining together onto the screen at once.

Carnage get.

GhaleonEB

I damn near teared up at the Afterburner music. Brought me right back to the Genesis verion I love....

*plays soundtrack* (yup, I imported it)

LakeEarth

Fricken awesome. Afterburner looks pure arcade, which is great.

House of the Dead... I wonder why so many of the games being shown have "hundreds of enemies" in them. Too hard to make really complicated looking models?

I saw these at the show today. According to the announcer (very pretty, by the way :) ), all of this stuff is realtime. I would have to agree, as these do look like realtime. All of these looked very nice, especially Sonic. I was so stoked to see Afterburner....brought a tear to my eye. This was one of my favorite games growing up, and to see it like this (with the Afterburner music, no less), I was so stoked!

Oh, and if these are any indication of what's to come, I think Sega might be reborn, as these were absolutely fantastic....we'll see, though.

LakeEarth said:
Fricken awesome. Afterburner looks pure arcade, which is great.

House of the Dead... I wonder why so many of the games being shown have "hundreds of enemies" in them. Too hard to make really complicated looking models?
I think it's a refreshing change of pace to finally be able to deal with tons of enemies. I'm sick of having three or four guys, max, on screen.

nextgeneration said:
I saw these at the show today. According to the announcer (very pretty, by the way :) ), all of this stuff is realtime. I would have to agree, as these do look like realtime. All of these looked very nice, especially Sonic. I was so stoked to see Afterburner....brought a tear to my eye. This was one of my favorite games growing up, and to see it like this (with the Afterburner music, no less), I was so stoked!

Oh, and if these are any indication of what's to come, I think Sega might be reborn, as these were absolutely fantastic....we'll see, though.

How lovely and frightening did VF and HotD look respectively?

GhaleonEB

Angelus said:
So.....Gaming Age suddenly doesn't think Sega sucks?
LOL. You bitches have been owned.

More like Sega is slowing going a direction which could stop the post-2001 sucking. Because they fucking ruled for a long time.

LakeEarth

enjoy bell woods said:
I think it's a refreshing change of pace to finally be able to deal with tons of enemies. I'm sick of having three or four guys, max, on screen.
Oh I wasn't complaining. I'm just noticing a trend. This is like the 5th Xbox360 game to use large numbers of enemies to impress rather than extremely awesome graphics. It's like they don't know what to do with all the power they have now, I know, lets put as many onto the screen as possible!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
enjoy bell woods said:

plus it's a light gun game. there hasn't been any insane amount of enemies in light games really....if i can mow down all those zombies that were in the video all in 1 screen, it'll be the best lightgun game ever

_Angelus_

Banned
I guess you forgot to pick up their games this gen,they had some ones ones you know.

I think you guys are a bunch of Johnny come latelys. Sega were always hit and miss,even in the old Genny days. Some of you just didn't know this when you decided to start liking Virtua Fighter and their other franchises.

GhaleonEB

"I would like to remind everyone that this entire performance is done without pre-rendered graphics."

Thanks, Sony. Now we need qualifiers on media. :)

Koshiro

GhaleonEB said:
More like Sega is slowing going a direction which could stop the post-2001 sucking. Because they fucking ruled for a long time.
Here's hoping, if they get their act together next gen, that would make next gen worthwhile on its own for me.

BTW I can't see shit in those vids.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just love how you can hear "ooow" when Afterburner's music starts playing. Damn, I repent so much for not going this year =(

How lovely and frightening did VF and HotD look respectively?

I thought both HOTD and VF were the least impressive out of all the next gen stuff that was shown (excluding Full Auto and Condemned, of course, as those looked very subpar). That's not to say that it wasn't great (because it was).

However, VF looked better than DOA 4, namely the character models. Hotd was cool, but nothing mindblowing, like Afterburner and Sonic were.

teepo

aren't vf4 and afterburner all running on the new arcade board which will be unvieled VERY soon at some arcade show that takes place in japan?

in case the original source goes down, I've saved all the videos and am in the process of uploading them to yousendit.com

Sonic
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HLC7BS5AQQQT1DGJWSFMMO9T1

Virtua Fighter, AfterBurner, House Of The Dead
http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EBWTMCQOQWMA2J2ML6QWDC3MJ

Chrome Hounds
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17FFBOQE2BIXJ0MKDTGSUW4J2Z

Sonic AVI part 1
http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1NFDDIMG98OLU2Y06SOLBTFXU4

Sonic AVI part 2
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FIO56MUIAKNY2NR6JFP1MH4N7

GhaleonEB said:
"I would like to remind everyone that this entire performance is done without pre-rendered graphics."

Thanks, Sony. Now we need qualifiers on media. :)

:lol

It seems to be quickly becoming mandatory to get that out upfront now.

teepo said:
aren't vf4 and afterburner all running on the new arcade board which will be unvieled VERY soon at some arcade show that takes place in japan?

It's not VF4, but either a VF demo or VF5. or what will become VF5.

I don't know what hardware the demos were running on. it was either Xbox 360 development kit or next-gen PowerVR-based Sega arcade board.

Wario64 said:
plus it's a light gun game. there hasn't been any insane amount of enemies in light games really....if i can mow down all those zombies that were in the video all in 1 screen, it'll be the best lightgun game ever

This is key. I couldn't tell how great each individual zombie looked from that little vid, but I don't recall my HOTD3 ever tossing 'em at me in numbers like that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Jesus, I don't care about complex fighting games, I just want some sweet, sweet Afterburner action. Xbox 360, PS3, arcade, whatever, give it to me Sega! =(

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Its so fucking stupid of Sega not to be publically showing this stuff and making people think they are great again.

But i guess stupid is as stupid does.

Kasavin was gushing over this presentation at Gamespots wrap-up, especially Sonic & Afterburner.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ghost said:
Its so fucking stupid of Sega not to be publically showing this stuff and making people think they are great again.
If this is really for the Xbox 360 I bet they want to show it @ the TGS. I could be wrong though, Sega is unpredictable.

Jesus, I don't care about complex fighting games, I just want some sweet, sweet Afterburner action. Xbox 360, PS3, arcade, whatever, give it to me Sega! =(

Agreed. Afterburner was so freakin amazing. Pure, unadulterated, arcade gameplay. It looked so amazing. Couple that with the Afterburner music, and holy crap!!!!

I must be watching the wrong video because I cant see shit.

Hopefully, a better version of this demo will be up on the internet soon. Seeing it live at the show was so amazing. I want to go see it again, but the show is over now. :(

Top Bottom