• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMFG! XB360 AfterBurner - Virtua Fighter - Sonic - HoTD Chrome Mech game VIDEOS

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
If VF5 is X360 exclusive then I'm quite disappointed, I really don't want to buy an X360. I hate it when companies do this, it's pretty much a big 'fuck you' to everyone that bought the game on whatever it was on before.

Shinobi

Angelus said:
I guess you forgot to pick up their games this gen,they had some ones ones you know.

I think you guys are a bunch of Johnny come latelys. Sega were always hit and miss,even in the old Genny days. Some of you just didn't know this when you decided to start liking Virtua Fighter and their other franchises.

s_lambert_jun.jpg

"At last, someone understands..."

PhatSaqs said:

It'll sound silly to the Sony sluts and Sega haters, but it wouldn't be a big deal. 360's on the market first anyway, so it's natural for it to get certain titles all to itself for a few months. I mean, VF5 isn't gonna be hitting PS2.

Hotsuma said:
Looks like they're getting more than enough hype by not releasing the videos. :lol

:lol If you think no one else was hiding some of their best shit beyond closed doors, you're dumber then fuck. Happens all the time.

sp0rsk said:
i saw this show today and im gonna have to say that VF is probably not VF5.

the models look like updated VF4 models so im guessing it might be some sort of upgraded final tuned? im not sure, either way don't expect a real new vf to come out on home consoles first.

Oh no doubt it hits the arcade first, that's VF's (and Sega's) bread and butter. I'd look for an arcade version by year's end, with console versions showing up next spring.

People complaining about VF5 possibly being 360 exclusive really need to grow up. If it could be made in time for launch, could you really see Sega bothering with a PS2 version as well? Just use your fucking brains...PS3 will get the game when the damn system is actually available to buy.

nitewulf said:
to irritate people like you. :lol :lol :lol

:lol

BTW, I think Chrome Hounds was the most impressive of the bunch...visuals just looked stunning.

golem

XMonkey said:
Shit, this was the stuff playing in the Sega theater?! Dammit all I should have gone :(
yup.. line was pretty short too, only 15 min to get in and free t-shirt! dont think people really knew what whats showing inside, so it wasnt that popular (Although the sign said the wait was 70 minutes)

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Shinobi said:
Oh no doubt it hits the arcade first, that's VF's (and Sega's) bread and butter. I'd look for an arcade version by year's end, with console versions showing up next spring.

People complaining about VF5 possibly being 360 exclusive really need to grow up. If it could be made in time for launch, could you really see Sega bothering with a PS2 version as well? Just use your fucking brains...PS3 will get the game when the damn system is actually available to buy.
And this is based on what exactly? The fact that Virtua Fighter 4 was multiplatform? OH WAIT!
I think it's time for you to use your "fucking brain" instead of spouting bullshit based on absolutely nothing.

FightyF

Banned
I hate it when companies do this, it's pretty much a big 'fuck you' to everyone that bought the game on whatever it was on before.

No it's not.

The fact that you aren't buying a 360 means that you don't want VF5, it's as simple as that.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Suikoguy said:
Oh come on now

Virtual Fighter and Shinobi

I'll give you Phantasy and PDO, that is as far as it goes though. When I think of Sega, I think of Sonic, VF and Shinobi. Honestly, those are the top 3 franchises. None were on the Xbox initially.

Shinobi

pjberri said:
And this is based on what exactly? The fact that Virtua Fighter 4 was multiplatform? OH WAIT!
I think it's time for you to use your "fucking brain" instead of spouting bullshit based on absolutely nothing.

Oh, so you expect Sony to shovel oodles of cash Sega's way to buy VF again? Cause that's the only reason why it was exclusive on PS2. Hell, Sega killed a Dreamcast version due to Sony's coin. If Sony is willing to get into a bidding war for a fighting game from a middling developer like Sega (because you know MS will want to buy this game to boost their Japanese portfolio), then I guess they're welcome to it. However I'd say the chances are better that Sony will spend their money on games that actually sell a million units, and possibly some consoles in the process. As good as VF is, it doesn't qualify on those two fronts.

Now if you can tell me why Sony should get into a bidding war over a Sega game with no real selling power, then feel free. Otherwise turn off the crocodile tears and shut the fuck up.

SaitoH

Was that my imagination, or was Sarah doing part of her kata in Lion's old VF3 stage?

Ps. Thanks for the videos ^w^

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Fight for Freeform said:
No it's not.

The fact that you aren't buying a 360 means that you don't want VF5, it's as simple as that.
That is the most idiotic thing I've read in quite a while.

Shinobi said:
Oh, so you expect Sony to shovel oodles of cash Sega's way to buy VF again? Cause that's the only reason why it was exclusive on PS2. Hell, Sega killed a Dreamcast version due to Sony's coin. If Sony is willing to get into a bidding war for a fighting game from a middling developer like Sega (because you know MS will want to buy this game to boost their Japanese portfolio), then I guess they're welcome to it. However I'd say the chances are better that Sony will spend their money on games that actually sell a million units, and possibly some consoles in the process. As good as VF is, it doesn't qualify on those two fronts.

Now if you can tell me why Sony should get into a bidding war over a Sega game with no real selling power, then feel free. Otherwise turn off the crocodile tears and shut the fuck up.
This has close to nothing to do with what you were talking about in the couple of sentences I quoted.

I have perhaps slightly better video that I managed to covertly capture. :D

It's MPEG4 AVI @ 30fps and 640x480 from a hirid digicamcorder, but the focus goes in and out, and only small portion of the 640x480 is the screen of the video.

PM me if someone's brave enough to host this bitch. Over 200MB though.

android

Theoretical Magician
Shogmaster said:

It's MPEG4 AVI @ 30fps and 640x480 from a hirid digicamcorder, but the focus goes in and out, and only small portion of the 640x480 is the screen of the video.

Yousendit.com will take up to 1gb files. And Blimblim will probably want it.

IJoel

Shogmaster said:

PAGING BLIMBLIM!

FightyF

Banned
Idiotic posts deserve nothing less than idiotic replies. :) Seriously, your comment was absolultely stupid.

Buy the console or stop crying. Who gives a flying f*ck if you bought their game on the PS2, if you really want to play it, you'd buy the console VF5 is on. If you don't plan to buy the console for that game, then you weren't a VF fan in the first place.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Fight for Freeform said:
Idiotic posts deserve nothing less than idiotic replies. :) Seriously, your comment was absolultely stupid.

Buy the console or stop crying. Who gives a flying f*ck if you bought their game on the PS2, if you really want to play it, you'd buy the console VF5 is on. If you don't plan to buy the console for that game, then you weren't a VF fan in the first place.

Its true,

Although, the phrase
"then you weren't a VF fan in the first place."
should say
"then you weren't a hardcore VF fan in the first place."

btw, your avatar is too creepy to me for some reason

karasu

Fight for Freeform said:

That's ridiculous.

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Fight for Freeform said:

Yeah, and if I don't support the war on Iraq that means I'm actually a terrorist planning the next hit on American soil. You're an idiot.

FightyF

Banned
Yeah, and if I don't support the war on Iraq that means I'm actually a terrorist planning the next hit on American soil. You're an idiot.

That has NOTHING to do with what I said. Stop playing O'Reilly here and try some logic for a change.

Apparently, you buy consoles because of the brand name*, rather than the games released on it.

Meaning that you aren't a fan of the game itself, but of the console manufacturer.

*I can say this because you don't want to buy a 360 for a good game. You'd rather have that game featured on a console who's brand name you prefer. As you hinted, you'll be buying the PS3 as you bought the PS2.

Your analogy, if you want to call it that, doesn't make any sense.

Let me guess what you'll say in response to this post..."I know you are but what am I?"...it'd be in line with your posts thus far.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Also, I need to stress how comfortable those leather seats in the Sega Theater were. The best chairs I've ever had the pleasure of sitting in, by far.

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Fight for Freeform said:
That has NOTHING to do with what I said. Stop playing O'Reilly here and try some logic for a change.
It has everything to do with what you said, I'm comparing you to another idiot who can only view things in black and white.

Apparently, you buy consoles because of the brand name*, rather than the games released on it.

Meaning that you aren't a fan of the game itself, but of the console manufacturer.
Oh, and now you're grasping at straws by calling me a fanboy. Awesome. :lol

*I can say this because you don't want to buy a 360 for a good game. You'd rather have that game featured on a console who's brand name you prefer. As you hinted, you'll be buying the PS3 as you bought the PS2.
This may be a foreign concept to you, but some of us base our purchases on what is more practical in the long run. Virtua Fighter 4: Evo may have been one of my favourite games this generation, but then again, so were 2 of the 3 Tekken games and both MGS games, and I wonder where the next iterations of those will be.

Let me guess what you'll say in response to this post..."I know you are but what am I?"...it'd be in line with your posts thus far.
If you're going to insult me, try to be a little bit more creative than pulling out the old "hey, I know what your next post is gonna be: "my name is pjberri and IM GAY" LOL!!!!!!!". And please note, I'm not actually saying that you called me 'gay', I'm exaggurating the idiocy of that remark.

Hotsuma

Shinobi said:
:lol If you think no one else was hiding some of their best shit beyond closed doors, you're dumber then fuck. Happens all the time.

I didn't say anything about companies hiding their videos. What gave you that idea? I said Sega seems to be getting more than enough hype going by not having videos out there.

FightyF

Banned
I guess you're right pjberri.

I guess I'll say it on SEGA's behalf...FUCK YOU.

hehe j/k

Seriously I don't see any benefit in arguing this, I'm sure we both have better things to do and I think I should have worded my first response in a better fashion and we both wouldn't have wasted our time on our responses (you have to admit that your responses were getting silly as well).

My point is that if you are a fan of the game, then buy whatever console it's on. SEGA has NO obligation to release a sequel of a game on the same company's next gen consoles as they come out. Team Ninja is considering NG on the PS3/Rev, and I'm not gonna cry about that at all. There aren't too many reasons for me to buy a PS3 yet, but I'm just gonna add Ninja Gaiden to the list. I suggest adding VF5 to the list of 360 games that interest you.

So, any chance of a graphically enhanced VF4 Final Tuned hitting 360 at launch in Japan and eventually here (or whenever) or was this prob more of a teaser to let us know VF5 might drop on the xbox360 after the arcade version's been out for a while?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/616/616888p1.html

E3 2005: SEGA Hits the Next Level
Afterburner, Virtua Fighter, Chrome Hounds, House of the Dead, and Sonic.

by David Clayman

May 18, 2005 - For an old-school SEGA fan, E3 can be a bit depressing. Although it's a complete impossibility, deep down I couldn't help but hope for a Dreamcast 2 announcement. While the days of SEGA hardware are in the past, fans of the company can still look forward to their software. This year was especially exciting in that department with titles like Spartan: Total Warrior, Full Auto and Condemned just over the horizon. And that was before we were hit with any surprises. At SEGA's booth we were shuffled into a theater where the company's current lineup was shown off in video form. The announced titles were shown in all their glory and then the screen cut away to something completely unexpected.

Chrome Hounds
The first unannounced video we witnessed featured a squad of mechs powering through a war-ravaged cityscape. The team faced off against a rival squad of mechanized war machines that burst from cover behind a set of buildings. One member of the original team sniped its enemies from afar with a long barreled cannon, hidden behind the façade of a bombed out structure. The machines were agile and on the smaller side for mechs. They weren't sky scraper crushing Steel Battalion type crafts, but rather about three or four stories tall with a large array of weapons.

The title is being produced by FromSoftware the same team that did Metalwolf Chaos and the Otogi series. The movie appeared to be a pre-rendered cinema and it was not announced which system it would appear on. However, considering FromSoftware's past development experience it would be a safe bet to say that this title will appear on the Xbox 360.

The next titles were part of a montage called SEGA's Next Level. It was announced that everything was running in real time, but not specified for any system. SEGA stated that their internal studios put together these demos to show their proficiency with the next generation hardware. This means that the videos may not point to definite titles. It is also feasible (and a lot more exciting) that these games are currently in development Xbox 360 and/or PS3.

Virtua Fighter
The first clip featured Akira from the Virtua Fighter series set against a white background. As he displayed his standard set of fighting moves the background filled in with a beautifully realized environment. Akira was wearing his traditional white outfit complete with a black belt, but the clothing was clearly separate from the body and moved realistically around him.

The next character shown was Sarah. She wore a reflective body suit that flaunted the power of the new hardware along with her excellent figure. She performed a series of kicks and spins, and closed out the segment by thanking the audience. The quality of the characters and environments were comparable with the DOA 4 characters and if this is only a technical demo then a fully realized Virtua Fighter game could be visually stunning.

Afterburner
The small crowd cheered when the F-14 Tomcat burst onto the screen. The jet blasted over an ocean with beautiful reflections and small crests of water. Enemies appeared on the screen and the jet proceeded to let loose some heavy fire as it blew its rivals out of the air. The camera rotated around the action and zoomed in for a series of evasive maneuvers and barrel rolls. The demo looked like original After Burner, except with real jets and a hell of a lot faster. The real treat came when the scenery changed from the open ocean to a canyon. The sensation of speed was incredible as entire mountains zipped by in the blink of an eye.

House of the Dead

House of the Dead may not have translated to a very good movie, but it was a hell of a fun game. The screen panned in on a male and female agent as they entered a facility filled with the classic House of the Dead animated corpses. Each zombie had decomposing skin and a face and body that showed of every rotting muscle. The walking dead never looked so good.

The scene switched to a first person view as the two agents entered a glass hallway. On the other side of the transparent walls crowds of the dead tried to claw their way in. The camera moved over a balcony that looked out over hundreds and hundreds of creatures. The final scene showed a gigantic boss that clawed its way down a hall toward the camera until it finally grabbed the player in its mouth and launched it across the room.

Sonic the Hedgehog
A SEGA montage wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite blue mascot. The final segment of the video displayed Sonic the Hedgehog running at full speed down a grassy path. The foliage surrounding Sonic was clearly next-gen material, but it was hard to tell at times because he was moving at an incredible rate. I'd like to imagine that Sonic was moving through a realistic version of Green Hill Zone.

Sonic reached the edge of a cliff and performed a swan dive down hundreds of feet into a canyon. Sonic entered a large open cavern with flowing water at the bottom. Sonic began tossing ring bubbles into the environment and golden rings bounced around the huge room. At this point the announcer restated that everything shown was in real-time and sonic hit a series of springs and shot into the sky. The camera then switched back to sonic running and as he blasted across a flat plateau, a massive airship appeared above him and dropped down a fleet of robots. The robots formed a circle around him and pummeled our hero with machine gun fire. Sonic fell to the ground, only to spring back up into the air, surrounded by emeralds and transformed into the all-powerful golden sonic. He performed a charged air attack that turned the bots into a pile of rubble.

sigh. Dreamcast2 sigh.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Of course all the Sega games are going to be exclusive for 360 for a least 6-12 months.
Cause PS3 won't even be out. :D

I'm sure once PS3 eventually aunches then these games will be on it..

So that will be roughly March 2007 in the UK then :(

Simple..

Socreges

Banned
Shinobi said:
s_lambert_jun.jpg

"At last, someone understands..."
Ugh, I was hoping no one would agree with that. So silly to me. Think about it. Sonic Team has gone downhill, AM2 have been mostly irrelevant, Smilebit disappeared, their sports division became much worse, etc.... Sega has always been hit or miss, sure... but the the past couple/few years have been particularly bad, both in quality and number of titles.

And frankly I think the "start liking VF, etc" is just bitterness over them going third-party (responding to him, not necessarily you). MANY of us played the Genesis (it was roughly as popular as the SNES and you'd expect that GAF types played the Sega classics, even if they didn't own them), not to mention the Saturn and DC. And I (as well as many others, I'm sure) played series like VF in the arcade, if not on the Saturn or DC. To act as if Sega game weren't accessible to non-Sega fans prior to the DC's death is bullshit, imo.

Anyway, this is going to sound insulting, but I think Sega strongly backing the Xbox 360 is the healthiest thing for Sega fans. Many adopted the Xbox as a kind of an heir apparent to the DC, in addition to it not being Nintendo and not being Sony, if you get what I'm saying. Then Sega, after seeming to place the strongest faith in the Xbox, began to shift focus onto the PS2. It's crazy. But yeah, I expect to buy both the 360 and PS3, so I'm not concerned about any exclusivity. Especially since they all look very, very good -- I find it difficult to complain.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Yes sorry I had to get out for a few hours (first time since 9 days, sick...)
I'm getting the video right now and I'll reencode/recut it a bit. It should be online in a less than one hour.

bigNman

I thought these were for Sega's next gen arcade technology, not the x360. Thats what uk's channel 4 teletext guys said (he writes for edge)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ok, Shogmaster's version :
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1399_en.html
I've cropped the video to help with the compression, so during a few seconds you'll have the screen getting cut. Also the HotD part is blurry.
As for the platforms, Chrome Hound is definitely a Xbox 360 game. There were rumors about a Sonic 360 game from usually reliable people since a few weeks now. Everything else will certainly be for their arcade systems, but who knows if it uses a new Power VR system or something else.
The custom Xbox hardware Sega used in lots of arcade games was quite succesful, so maybe MS and Sega worked together on a custom Xbox 360 arcade board? I don't know anything about this, but I guess it could make sense. We'll know soon enough!

pestul

Blimblim said:
Ok, Shogmaster's version :
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1399_en.html
I've cropped the video to help with the compression, so during a few seconds you'll have the screen getting cut. Also the HotD part is blurry.
As for the platforms, Chrome Hound is definitely a Xbox 360 game. There were rumors about a Sonic 360 game from usually reliable people since a few weeks now. Everything else will certainly be for their arcade systems, but who knows if it uses a new Power VR system or something else.
The custom Xbox hardware Sega used in lots of arcade games was quite succesful, so maybe MS and Sega worked together on a custom Xbox 360 arcade board? I don't know anything about this, but I guess it could make sense. We'll know soon enough!
Thanks Shog & Blim.. getting the BT version.. and will seed it most of the day.

Cheers.

Nice job Blimblim! Thanks for all your work in cropping and editing the footage. Now, we each shall go into hiding from Sega's ninjas. :lol

Top Bottom