• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld |OT + Review Thread | Pokémon Gun

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Man... devs going over their head with 100-500mil budgets and failing while the answer is just to make game with basic survival gameplay, fun, kid cartoony graphic and fake pokemon lol.
of course! How easy. You make it appealing to kids.
And how fitting seeing asmongolds and other streamers play it ...
I've watched some gameplay and it looks like "a game" you see on mobile game ads lol.

Said all that - it does seem competent and kinda cute I guess... nothing I ever want to play or watch

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Crossbow is a game changer

GETz7QebsAAHK9v

Started with a couple of friends on xbox.

Having fun. I wonder how much content is available in early access. Worst thing is if you get hooked and game isn’t finished, that sucks.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Heh, "feature complete"??

It's an open-world survival/crafting/farming/looting game that mashes the developer's own hinky Craftopia (3 years in Early Access and still going) with a Pokemon parody/kitbash coating.

This game wasn't ever made to be "officially released". It was made to pay off right now and, if it works, to keep adding features and shit for as long as the fad runs on (maybe forever, we'll see, but the more successful it does, the more the idea of "feature complete" becomes a pipe dream as it builds for expansion and service.)

It might hit 1.0 some day and lose the Early Access designation (which is sort of a marketing stunt of itself, that s game gets 2 launch days in the press cycle, ) but games like this are never complete.
Kinda meant is it bare ass bones, or does it have a lot of depth already. Lots of EA titles release with no dialogue or game structure just Features.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Kinda meant is it bare ass bones, or does it have a lot of depth already. Lots of EA titles release with no dialogue or game structure just Features.
There’s stuff to do. Like I mentioned earlier, there are Towers (Pokemon Gyms) and a huge map to explore. Lots of things to craft and try out.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The UI is a mess, which is pretty common in these games, but I like what they're trying to do.

twilo99

If PlayStation has console exclusivity on this they will be looking to extend that asap

I tried it on gamepass.

Focused too much on survival for me.

I spent the day trying to survive another day, I'm burnt out on this genre.

Is the gamepass version same as steam? It says preview build or whatever

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Also, flying mount, hell yeah!

GEUhbb3bcAAFOO-

I defeated a boss Pal and it gave me a special technical point, which I used on an auto feed bag for me and my equipped Pals. I no longer have to worry about food, so long as I just have food.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Once again, the Game Pass version is older than the Steam version so it's missing a lot of the fixes and DLSS isn't functional.

Going to play for a bit and buy it on Steam if I'm into it. One thing I don't like about a lot of these types of games is the lack of a persistent online world and things not carrying over between single and multiplayer.
So that's why my game runs like sh*t and DLSS isn't working. It is also super buggy and things don't work like they should like raids not spawning correctly.

Laptop, you are safe for now.

DeVeAn

Gosh I played for hours last night. I enjoy the idea. Hope it doesn’t take forever to tighten and flesh this out.

Holammer

Just finished a solid 7h session with a friend on his server and a new character. Only interrupted by a 10 minute diaper change.
Got to Lvl 14, caught a shiny Dinossom also found a few dungeons and scraped them for skill books and a few boss pals. Game is stupid fun and should last 40-100h easy for most people.

Only serious bug I have seen so far was a bug with Lifmunk's submachine gun ability, for some reason it launched me into the air when activated. I suspect it's lag related.

I thought I was bugged because I could not move. turns out I was overburdened or something. Almost rage quit and deleted till my daughter showed me what was going on.
UI needs to be enhanced with some actual information.

hlm666

Crossbow is a game changer

GETz7QebsAAHK9v
Do I need a special trait or something to get those lazy bastards to use the wood and stone buildings? I worked out the kindling for the furnace by accident so i'm guessing i need a special trait to use those other constructions?

I thought I was bugged because I could not move. turns out I was overburdened or something. Almost rage quit and deleted till my daughter showed me what was going on.
UI needs to be enhanced with some actual information.
You get a popup thing about it when your slightly over loaded and can still move but not run, maybe the tutorial tip doesn't trigger when you just go fully overloaded and can't move at all.

Last edited:

geary

Do I need a special trait or something to get those lazy bastards to use the wood and stone buildings? I worked out the kindling for the furnace by accident so i'm guessing i need a special trait to use those other constructions?

You get a popup thing about it when your slightly over loaded and can still move but not run, maybe the tutorial tip doesn't trigger when you just go fully overloaded and can't move at all.
If you have the trait and they still dont go to the stations to work, you can also grab them and throw them to the station to put them specifically to that job..It’s hilarious.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It feels like its 30 fps... Maybe its 40-50.. but definitely not 60.

I doubled the look speed but it still felt terrible. I only played around with it for 10 minutes at lunch though.

Yeah there's some hitches here and there. It's deffo early access but it's fine. I played on pc then moved to console to play in bed. Runs fine.
I’m 3 hours in and I can’t stop thinking about what I want to do in my next session.

It's crack....

POKEYCLYDE

Loving it. I think I'll jump on and play for a couple hours, but then it's 8 hours later and I don't want to stop. Also helps that I didn't have to drag my friends kicking and screaming to get it and they were able to just download it on Gamepass. Makes the whole game much more fun and enjoyable with friends.

Sakura

Wish there were more options for character customisation, maybe in a future patch.

What do I do if it says my pokemon is a slacker? Can I fix it, or do I just kill it?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This game is dogshit on Xbox right now.

What's up with it?

We had 8 people across two servers playing all weekend and apart from the sound bugs there wasn't really any issues outside of hitching every now and again.

It is early access...

And a shit load of fun.

Top Bottom