• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Ya the suits was pretty bad but revolution takes the cake this year. First half ended Nov 26, returns March 25th lol

Lol, I tought they canceled that show since I didn't hear about it for a while now. Then I saw some ads for it during Community, it still exists :p

pants

Or... it's the virus continuing to act up.

It could be. I'm fairly confident the machine does not track every single murder plot in NYC though, last year there were 414 murders in NYC a record low some of those obviously aren't planned murders but it makes sense that the machine has additional filters in place.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
But the Machine is supposed to detect acts of terrorism, what difference would it make if blocked government people? This is an organization that knows a lot of things, so I don't think this would be simply kidnapping the mayor, but kidnapping the president would now be ridiculous.

It's so great that I have no idea what will happen.

Dilly

Banned
It could be. I'm fairly confident the machine does not track every single murder plot in NYC though, last year there were 414 murders in NYC a record low some of those obviously aren't planned murders but it makes sense that the machine has additional filters in place.

I just looked up the same thing. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hell, I'd also say the conspiring to plant evidence to put a good cop in jail might have (usually) been enough to get his number to show up. The Machine should have been able to pick that up. Should also have picked up Simmons sinister comments on the phone to the Russian. It's powerful enough to read voice inflection and body language.

Also, it's apparent the gang stays busy, with just the New York area. They're weirded out by "3 days of silence"

Lonestar

But the Machine is supposed to detect acts of terrorism, what difference would it make if blocked government people? This is an organization that knows a lot of things, so I don't think this would be simply kidnapping the mayor, but kidnapping the president would now be ridiculous.

It's so great that I have no idea what will happen.

It's not about "picking up things the government is doing". It's not picking up threats ON Government people. Potentially could mean to have a terrorist act on something in the Government.

Wiktor

Most murders aren't premeditated and even those that are rarely are planned enough to give machine enough info or enough time to react.

pants

Most murders aren't premeditated and even those that are rarely are planned enough to give machine enough info or enough time to react.

I read this wrong at first, but you're agreeing with me in a way. In stead of a filter you surmise it to a lack of information

It's not about "picking up things the government is doing". It's not picking up threats ON Government people. Potentially could mean to have a terrorist act on something in the Government.

It'd fit with the embedded codes. Perhaps by filtering out all government targets, Greer's people can eliminate their targets with impunity and no one will be able to prevent it before whatever they're planning activates.

I wonder how far in advance the Machine can do its thing. I mean, Donnelly's number was given seconds before he was attacked and killed.

Lonestar

It'd fit with the embedded codes. Perhaps by filtering out all government targets, Greer's people can eliminate their targets with impunity and no one will be able to prevent it before whatever they're planning activates.

I wonder how far in advance the Machine can do its thing. I mean, Donnelly's number was given seconds before he was attacked and killed.

Probably not seconds, but less than 30 minutes or so. Finch was out on the street, making his way to John and Carter, if I'm not mistaken, when he got the pay phone call. Had to walk back to base to decipher the SSN.

Also, it's not just murder that the machine picks up. There's been cases of Kidnapping as well.

Probably not seconds, but less than 30 minutes or so. Finch was out on the street, making his way to John and Carter, if I'm not mistaken, when he got the pay phone call. Had to walk back to base to decipher the SSN.

Also, it's not just murder that the machine picks up. There's been cases of Kidnapping as well.

Well, Finch does just say it's essentially generic "violent crimes". We had the crazy stalker in the 'Super' episode. Was he planning on killing her?

Oh no, I forgot. The super was gonna kill the stalker.

Is it just me or was Lou possibly the only likeable character in the season 2? Other people they had to save were not important/not memorable at all.

BTW, the machine is designed to detect any malicious attempts on another human being.

Is it just me or was Lou possibly the only likeable character in the season 2? Other people they had to save were not important/not memorable at all.

BTW, the machine is designed to detect any malicious attempts on another human being.

I liked Logan Pierce and Shaw. Both popped up as numbers, I ended up liking them. Who else in S2 was good... the maid in Booked Solid was alright. There was the suburban bank robber and the gorgeous daughter of a Brazilian diplomat.

iulX2EwK8vBh1.gif

Edit: Oh, and Leon! Leon's awesome. Love Leon.

Madtown_

So I was enjoying this episode and then my spider sense went off when I heard the secretary. I was like:

mustseemoar.gif

Then she started walking in

excited_baseball_fantpuzr.gif

The camera panned up to reveal her. I was like

JYfWP.gif

Then the episode ended...so I tried to fast forward time by speeding up the earth

superman.gif

I failed

james-van-der-beek-crying.gif

Great episode! This show continues to leave me wanting more and NEVER lets me down.
Been following this thread from the background, since I've always been a week or two behind.. this post was fantastic!

I'm now caught up..what a fantastic show! 'Relevance' was probably one of the best episodes of any show that I can remember. I can't wait for Jon Nolan to do some more directing.

Been following this thread from the background, since I've always been a week or two behind.. this post was fantastic!

I'm now caught up..what a fantastic show! 'Relevance' was probably one of the best episodes of any show that I can remember. I can't wait for Jon Nolan to do some more directing.

That post still makes me laugh. That guy needs to do more of these posts.

Yes, I love episodes with Leon in it. And Bear always shares a scene with Leon for the running gag :p

Yes! It's adorable. He went from being pissed at Bear about the bearer bonds to just... just accepting all the love.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
No episode this week sucks hard.

Yeah pretty weak. It's a shame that they have one of the best episodes in the series (the Shaw one), followed by 2 episodes in a month. Kind of kills momentum, and is probably lame for people who might've just started watching at that point.

The problem with this show's title is when you type into Google to see if there's any news about it (like upcoming casting and what not), you also get a ton of sites where police are searching for 'persons of interest' in multiple homicide cases. It actually gets kinda depressing.

Episode 22 of this season will be titled
God Mode

That seems incredibly ominous.

The problem with this show's title is when you type into Google to see if there's any news about it (like upcoming casting and what not), you also get a ton of sites where police are searching for 'persons of interest' in multiple homicide cases. It actually gets kinda depressing.

Episode 22 of this season will be titled
God Mode

That seems incredibly ominous.

Awesome title though.

Lonestar

SyFy's killed off too many of my shows for me to give a shit about anything they've put out since.

Nobility

Banned
Me and my damn curiosity forced me to look on the PoI wiki.

I know I shouldn't have but I had some free time to think and of course I somehow ended up there...*sigh*

That Ep. 22 title...

JnpkiQe.png

Lonestar

Yeah, 4 of the last 5 titles are known, and they are each pretty tasty, and sound "relevant" (pun...intended?)

Nobility

Banned
If there are any positives to the March Madness break, it's that the writers can take their time to creatively plot the episodes leading into the season finale.

You're right, those titles appear daunting and highly "relevant."

Kara said it best, "Never were one for the bigger picture, were you John?"

Can't wait!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This new WATCH_DOGS video is wow just insane how much PoI is in this game! :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Zd6OBwlPs

Nolan and Ubisoft need to team up and make a game using the Watch_Dogs engine.

The main story will involve plot lines from the show. HR, Elias, Root, etc. While Finch will call in and supply a number for one of many side missions.
Also, knee-cap shooting would be highly encouraged.

Lonestar

This new WATCH_DOGS video is wow just insane how much PoI is in this game! :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Zd6OBwlPs

Interesting, as it's the same trailer as the ps4 event trailer, but broken down like an analyst, and with different angles.

Can't wait, though I'm slightly worried about this "released on 2 different generations of consoles.". Hope as a ubisoft game, it gets a pc release.

Can't wait, though I'm slightly worried about this "released on 2 different generations of consoles.". Hope as a ubisoft game, it gets a pc release.
Not only has it been confirmed for PC, but it's their lead platform. I'm sure it'll be be time delayed for their usual piracy paranoia, but with the architecture change in PS4 it's easier to make the PC version and port it to both next gen consoles rather then doing it the other way around. Current gen ports will be separate. I still expect a lot of design compromises to make it eventually work on current gen though.

ivysaur12

Banned
Question: I've never seen this show besides the pilot and 102. What are like 5 episodes to watch to really understand the best procedural elements of POI? Not really the serialized stuff. Thanks.

Question: I've never seen this show besides the pilot and 102. What are like 5 episodes to watch to really understand the best procedural elements of POI? Not really the serialized stuff. Thanks.
Everything from the beginning in order.

But seriously, PoI isn't the kind of show where I would skip a few episodes. Watch everything (so you don't miss out on all the awesome scenes with John).

ibojRcsRFFFc7M.gif

Lonestar

My choices would be:
Foe (Season 1 episode 8)
Witness (Season 1 episode 7)
Proteus (Season 2 episode 17)
One Percent (Season 2 episode 14)
Til Death (Season 2 episode 8)
Many Happy Returns (Season 1 episode 21)

Maybe some other episodes, but those are some of the more memorable ones for me, that lie (mostly) outside the Serialized portions of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom