• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode was awesome. Finch and the dog, Reese and the girl, and then later the girl warming up to Fusco. Plus Snow showing up again...wow, he's on a tight leash.

We also almost got a through-the-door throw again this week, but not quite. Just a regular ol' out the door.

How are the ratings?
The show skews a bit older so the important 18-49 demo isn't huge, but the total numbers are easily the highest in its time slot this week.

So all that end stuff was big, but we can't overlook the biggest part of the episode. New credits include Fusco.

Gila

Damn the chick was hot in the last episode, she reminded me of Marion Cotillard for some reason.

lol at Fusco

iulX2EwK8vBh1.gif

Black keys played last night. Awesome show!

Yeah! The Black Keys - She's Long Gone

MC RaZaR

Neo Member
Definitely a good episode last night. Wonder why Crowin sent Reese and Kara to China. Next one looks good too. I missed a lot of the earlier episodes. Going to have to find a way to watch them somehow.

Great episode tonight. First off, new intro sequence! Looks like the Machine got an upgrade, and everyone's faces are in! I love how things carry over from episode-to-episode. Reese continues to investigate Root, and at the end, Finch has begun to do so as well. Plus, Finch is still somewhat traumatized and his fear and hesitation the first time he went outside was great, and then I loved him being able to go out with John at the end. Bros for life. Also, BEAR! Loved the various bits of Finch warming up to him, pretty heartwarming stuff. Now the bromance is complete, they have a pet.

The PoI started off pretty bratty, but my god was she pretty. I warmed up to her in the second half of the episode. Also, Reese sent someone else flying out of a door/window! I knew the boyfriend looked untrustworthy the second he came on screen. I think I'm just naturally distrustful of obviously rich people who give off that vibe.

Ok, but the big thing. Kara and Snow are back! When I first saw Snow, I was like HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID HE GET AWAY. But he looked ragged and I remembered the limp. Then at the end, I thought for a second he and Kara had teamed up or something, but the fucking bomb vest. Holy crap. Who wants to take bets on when that thing detonates? I got a bad feeling about that. Not sure this ends happily for Mark. Oh man, if Kara and Root teamed up... well, actually that'd be pretty sexy. But in any case, Kara is fucking hardcore. When she made him unbutton his shirt, I was like... "ok, where is this going...?" I thought it was a weird sex thing at first. Maybe that'd be a new thing this season, you know.

tumblr_mb37kmlfNy1qlh88l.gif

Also, Carter don't get all distrustful now! You're in too deep. Also, Fusco was great. Adorable when he met Sophia. And then his quick rescue of her, but come on dude, how can you let the fucking drug dealer get your gun away from you? Poor form. But it was worth it for the awesome car crash rescue. Also, I honestly thought for a second when Reese grinned at the rich douche at the end that he was actually about to drop him. Nice moment of vengeance for Sophia too, very funny.

Awesome episode!

Damn the chick was hot in the last episode, she reminded me of Marion Cotillard for some reason.

lol at Fusco

iulX2EwK8vBh1.gif

Yeah! The Black Keys - She's Long Gone

Gotdamn, she is so adorably beautiful. Fell in love a little bit despite the brattiness in the first half of the episode.

Definitely a good episode last night. Wonder why Crowin sent Reese and Kara to China. Next one looks good too. I missed a lot of the earlier episodes. Going to have to find a way to watch them somehow.

I think for this one, we already know why: The Chinese had a version of the Machine, they were sent in to secure and destroy, right? But they didn't know what it was. I'm still unsure as to who killed all the employees, but because they were in contact with it, they were ordered killed.

If you haven't already, you should check out S1 ASAP. A lot of plot threads are carrying over.

I've really started liking Fusco's character whereas I really disliked him in the first few episodes of the first season. Says a lot about the writing for the show that the change hasn't been jarring.

I think for this one, we already know why: The Chinese had a version of the Machine, they were sent in to secure and destroy, right? But they didn't know what it was. I'm still unsure as to who killed all the employees, but because they were in contact with it, they were ordered killed.

If you haven't already, you should check out S1 ASAP. A lot of plot threads are carrying over.

Maybe the Machine had them sent in to wipe out potential competition.

MC RaZaR

Neo Member
Great episode tonight. First off, new intro sequence! Looks like the Machine got an upgrade, and everyone's faces are in! I love how things carry over from episode-to-episode. Reese continues to investigate Root, and at the end, Finch has begun to do so as well. Plus, Finch is still somewhat traumatized and his fear and hesitation the first time he went outside was great, and then I loved him being able to go out with John at the end. Bros for life. Also, BEAR! Loved the various bits of Finch warming up to him, pretty heartwarming stuff. Now the bromance is complete, they have a pet.

The PoI started off pretty bratty, but my god was she pretty. I warmed up to her in the second half of the episode. Also, Reese sent someone else flying out of a door/window! I knew the boyfriend looked untrustworthy the second he came on screen. I think I'm just naturally distrustful of obviously rich people who give off that vibe.

Ok, but the big thing. Kara and Snow are back! When I first saw Snow, I was like HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID HE GET AWAY. But he looked ragged and I remembered the limp. Then at the end, I thought for a second he and Kara had teamed up or something, but the fucking bomb vest. Holy crap. Who wants to take bets on when that thing detonates? I got a bad feeling about that. Not sure this ends happily for Mark. Oh man, if Kara and Root teamed up... well, actually that'd be pretty sexy. But in any case, Kara is fucking hardcore. When she made him unbutton his shirt, I was like... "ok, where is this going...?" I thought it was a weird sex thing at first. Maybe that'd be a new thing this season, you know.

tumblr_mb37kmlfNy1qlh88l.gif

Also, Carter don't get all distrustful now! You're in too deep. Also, Fusco was great. Adorable when he met Sophia. And then his quick rescue of her, but come on dude, how can you let the fucking drug dealer get your gun away from you? Poor form. But it was worth it for the awesome car crash rescue. Also, I honestly thought for a second when Reese grinned at the rich douche at the end that he was actually about to drop him. Nice moment of vengeance for Sophia too, very funny.

Awesome episode!

Gotdamn, she is so adorably beautiful. Fell in love a little bit despite the brattiness in the first half of the episode.

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't know the Chinese had something similar to the Machine.

RangersFan

damn i love this show, still the only procedural on prime time that never dips in quality. and they keep casting gorgeous women, from root to the Brazillian daughter on the last ep. the thing that keeps the action so good is caviezel is so convincing as bourne i mean reese.

GlassBox

Banned
Finch and the dog was awesome, such a great buildup from when they were first introduced and Bear had eaten one of his precious books to having Finch move his cushion right next to his seat for the company. I also liked the PTSD Finch showed now being paranoid about being outside thanks to Root.

And of course, Kara and poor Mark, I'm guessing that bomb vest works where she has to input a code to reset the timer, otherwise it'll go off.

Funny how Alicia Corwyn seems to be such a big piece of the puzzle, yet she was killed off so unceremoniously by Root in last seasons finale. I'm surprised Root didn't seem interested in her given her knowledge, but I suppose she thought she had everything she needed with Finch.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
New Episode Tonight!

Person of Interest - Triggerman

episode premise:
When The Machine gives them the number of a mob enforcer whose life becomes endangered, Reese and Finch must decide whether to intervene or allow karma to balance the scales of justice. Meanwhile, Finch seeks aid from an unlikely source

the POI, I've seen him before on something else, but I can't place it.

New Episode Tonight!

Person of Interest - Triggerman

episode premise:
When The Machine gives them the number of a mob enforcer whose life becomes endangered, Reese and Finch must decide whether to intervene or allow karma to balance the scales of justice. Meanwhile, Finch seeks aid from an unlikely source

the POI, I've seen him before on something else, but I can't place it.

If I'm right, I think he was the lead on NBC's 'The Black Donnellys', that Irish mob show from a few years back. I'm also sure I've seen him on some USA show as a guest star.

Lonestar

If I'm right, I think he was the lead on NBC's 'The Black Donnellys', that Irish mob show from a few years back. I'm also sure I've seen him on some USA show as a guest star.

Yeah.

Took me a little bit, but I remembered, he was one of the 3 juvenile thugs from that old Bruce Willis movie, Hostage. One of the other 2 was Ben Foster.

Nobility

Banned
Hey guys, just finished midterms over the past two weeks what have I mi-

kPugv.jpg

Finch and Bear.

Snow?

KARA!

I have missed you so much POI.

Can't wait for tonight's episode.

Lonestar

heh, POI, always coming up with new twists.

Sweet, Geico Detective is still alive and back!

Lonestar

Good call on the chess playing, Ducarmel.

Thankfully John's a good guy, cause some of the things he does, would be fricken terrifying.

"I'm not here for the money" :O

Also, John has moved on from Knee-Killer. Kind of miss them.

Sober

Bad code...Root did a number on him.
I think Finch recognized what he said though. At the end he realized he can't call people that, as people can change, unlike machines. But good to see the callbacks from his kidnapping and dealing with it.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Great episode tonight, was predictable but loved seeing Elias back. Next week looks awesome! Alex from White Collar guest starring -- WIN!

trinest

I think Finch recognized what he said though. At the end he realized he can't call people that, as people can change, unlike machines. But good to see the callbacks from his kidnapping and dealing with it.

Hes going to shit bricks when he realises the machine can change.

Ducarmel

This weeks show was just boring I'm sorry I love this show but man I was just run of the mile gangster mob thing :(.

I'm thinking due to how the machine works, it probably picks up on organized crime / corrupt govt official activity more often then any other potential criminals, because they commit the most crimes it can monitor.

So I doubt we are going to see our last organized crime family episode.

Lonestar

refresh my memory but what happened to geico detective last season?

I just remember him getting shot in a house. I think it was the episode involving the undercover cop. Either that, or it was an Elias episode. Was relatively serious, but they made it sound like he would live. Think that might have been his only episode at that point, or perhaps 2nd.

Good episode. John at the end was fucking awesome... "I'm not here for the money." Ice cold. Liked seeing Finch dealing with some ramifications of his ordeal. Also hey, Shemansky survived! Also, great to see Elias come back. When you think about it, his request makes perfect sense. Finch and Elias playing chess is great.

Piecake

Just caught up with the episdoes

1-3 were AMAZING. 4, not so much. I mean, it was alright, but definitely not up to the standard of PoI's usual awesomeness

Fireblend

Banned
Started watching about a month ago, up to season 2's second episode. Wow @ this show, the writing is mindblowingly good and it's got such a great pace it just doesn't seem to slow down while still managing to have non-main-plot episodes.

amrod

Some series, such as CBS' The Mentalist and Person of Interest, are not available for streaming or downloading at all, as the studio that produces the shows, Warner Bros., wants to ensure it preserves the syndication value for repeats on cable and broadcast.

there goes any hope of it being on netflix :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom