• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR3 fans enter! excitement within!

Barnimal

Banned
i got this from browsing the newest bizarre release. see all highlighted areas.

#1. racing over the brooklyn bridge!!!! (bridge texture and verizon building texture)
#2. night time racing!!!! this was a given but imagine how awesome it'll look next gen!

newyorkoutput.jpg

Barnimal

Banned
raYne said:
I know you're excited but you probably could've posted this in the PGR3 thread 2 threads down.

hmmm...maybe you shoulda posted in that thread...with the trolls ya know. :lol

raYne

Barnimal said:
hmmm...maybe you shoulda posted in that thread...with the trolls ya know. :lol
I don't troll threads, you should really learn to take logical criticism better.

Rhindle

In case you were wondering, this is an authentic frame sequence from gameplay video running at the native framerate!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
bizarre is trying to tell us something...

5000 frames per second, confirmed.

GhaleonEB

For me, the most interesting thing in this week's update is the confirmation that they are working on another game in a different genre. The last non-racing game they did was Fur Fighers on the DC, which kicked all kinds of ass and was huge beyond belief. Took me 60 hours to beat that game. Really excited to see what else they are doing. (and to PGR3, naturally)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Gek54 said:
Bottom center there is a pic of a red Nokia cell phone. Hmm.

they're already mocapping the damn pedestrians... if they start using proper textures for things they hold then i'll call this game one of the most detailed ever.

Way too much attention to detail if you ask me =p

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
any word on force feedback?

Loki

Count of Concision
Okay, how are you guys making out anything in that montage pic since each frame is so small? Am I overlooking some way to enlarge the pic?

sangreal

Loki said:
Okay, how are you guys making out anything in that montage pic since each frame is so small? Am I overlooking some way to enlarge the pic?

They're small, but not so small that you can't make out whats in some of them. No way to enlarge them, I'm afraid.

Jesiatha

GhaleonEB said:
For me, the most interesting thing in this week's update is the confirmation that they are working on another game in a different genre. The last non-racing game they did was Fur Fighers on the DC, which kicked all kinds of ass and was huge beyond belief. Took me 60 hours to beat that game. Really excited to see what else they are doing. (and to PGR3, naturally)

Weren't they were working on "Project Smokescreen" all last gen? I wouldn't get too excited until they officially announce something. And even that's not a guarantee that games will come out...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Man this game looks really good. I have an Xbox but haven't played PGR or PGR 2 yet and PGR 3 might be the first in the series that I play.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
PGR 3 all the way!

I may not buy it because driving games tend to get boring for me after a while, but hey - this game looks amazing!

op_ivy

Jesiatha said:
Weren't they were working on "Project Smokescreen" all last gen? I wouldn't get too excited until they officially announce something. And even that's not a guarantee that games will come out...

isnt mo-cap relatively expensive? i'm sure their secret project is well underway and will be revealed farly soon

GhaleonEB said:

Nope, they also did Treasure Planet (multiplatform). Dunno if it was any good, I got it for really cheap then traded it in without ever playing it. Not sure if they did anything else since then, most likely not.

bud

Barnimal said:
i got this from browsing the newest bizarre release. see all highlighted areas.

#1. racing over the brooklyn bridge!!!! (bridge texture and verizon building texture)
#2. night time racing!!!! this was a given but imagine how awesome it'll look next gen!

newyorkoutput.jpg

But what about 'the The Grand Canyon'

I guess I'll just have to buy GT5 then!

GhaleonEB

Jesiatha said:

Only one I ever heard of was "project driveby" and that turned out to be Fur Fighters.

i think we've hit a new low or something.
WE'RE LOOKING AT FUCKING TEXTURES FOR GOD'S SAKE!! TEXTURES! OF THE VERIZON BUILDING!! if i wanted to see the verizon and their fucking overpriced monthly bills i'd take the 'N' train over the bridge. at least then i could spit at it. and some of you guys calling GOTY already?! i think i've voiced my displeasure enough for today.

Barnimal

Banned
errr....the N train doesnt go over the brooklyn bridge...tourist. its not excitement over textures but excitement over blazing thru manhattan at 170+ mph with 7 other people, screaming over the brooklyn bridge and flying thru brooklyn. this games gonna be friggin HUGE.

Bud said:
But what about 'the The Grand Canyon'

I guess I'll just have to buy GT5 then!

grand canyon. pffff. this aint no family vacation. you play your gt5 with yosemite, donkey tours and smokey the bear and we'll stick to the streets of gotham. fast cars, fast women, fast booze, fast food. they got that chow mein, lo mein...
nyshot.jpg

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
isamu said:
any word on force feedback?

I have the August 2005 OXM in front of me and here is what it says on page 44:

Now imageine that racket with 11 or 12-player online races, all with voice-chat going and a to-be-announced line-up of licensed songs belting out. Better yet, with a new Force-feedback steering wheel being prepped to support the racing releases near launch time, the depth of immersion in racing should be second to none.

This is the PGR3 preview,BTW

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Barnimal said:
PGR2 had the best liscenced music EVER. my god. moscow and japans music own so hard its not even funny.

Really? I don't think I've ever heard the in-game music since I blasted custom soundtracks all the time. I should give it a shot.

Btw, MSR soundtrack > all

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Kleegamefan said:
I have the August 2005 OXM in front of me and here is what it says on page 44:

Now imageine that racket with 11 or 12-player online races, all with voice-chat going and a to-be-announced line-up of licensed songs belting out. Better yet, with a new Force-feedback steering wheel being prepped to support the racing releases near launch time, the depth of immersion in racing should be second to none.

pizzarz7ab.gif
pizzarz7ab.gif
pizzarz7ab.gif
pizzarz7ab.gif
pizzarz7ab.gif
pizzarz7ab.gif

Barnimal

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Really? I don't think I've ever heard the in-game music since I blasted custom soundtracks all the time. I should give it a shot.

Btw, MSR soundtrack > all

yes. you can check out the music in the sound test. my faves are brand new aria(japan), godov/city(moscow), change the scratch(europe) to name a few. you can make a custom soundtrack using the in game music by checking off what songs you want to be used in game. the soundtrack actually made you feel like you were in the cities you were racing thru.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Oh shit! That's frigin' kick ass. My old school (NYC College of Tech.) is there. So if they modelled the Brooklyn Bridge, they definitely modelled my school and all of the streets around it. Sweet, I can't wait to see how accurate it is. We need some hi-res pics of it already.

anyone ever take time-lapse shots with their digital camera and then stitch the photos into an mov or avi? what you get is a video that is many times higher in resolution than any hi-def format (assuming you have a multiple-megapixel camera). it's crazy

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Barnimal said:
yes. you can check out the music in the sound test. my faves are brand new aria(japan), godov/city(moscow), change the scratch(europe) to name a few. you can make a custom soundtrack using the in game music by checking off what songs you want to be used in game. the soundtrack actually made you feel like you were in the cities you were racing thru.

Hey awesome, you're right. This is great, I'm blasting the music from my TV now. I have all 3 PGR2 soundtrack CDs, and they're missing a whole bunch of these songs.

I wish there was a way to sort the songs by city though.

op_ivy

yeah, i really enjoyed the pgr2 soundtrack as well. there was some trash, but definitely a lot of decent or fun music. i loved that cheesey song 'cecila', and anything by dj acucrack. oh, and props to bizarre for including mustard plug!

Top Bottom