• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut's next stuffed crust idea: make the entire pizza stuffed crust

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/overstuffed-pizza-pizza-hut_n_2121455.html

Way back in 1995, Pizza Hut launched the stuffed-crust pizza, which filled the otherwise boring strip of extra-thick dough around the rim of a normal pizza with cheese and other fillings. It's been one of the most successful menu innovations in the history of fast food, generating billions in sales. For that reason, the Yum Brands-owned pizza chain has since tried countless variations of the stuffed-crust pizza, from hot-dog-stuffed crust pizzas to bizarre, fractalesque formations called Cone Crust Pizzas. The company's latest idea? Make the entire pie one big stuffed crust.

It's called the "Overstuffed Pizza," and it's essentially a regular pizza with an extra layer of crust on top. Think of it like a flattened calzone, a giant circular Hot Pocket or even just one normal pizza overturned atop another.
BrandEating, which brought the monstrosity to our attention this morning, said that the Overstuffed Pizza was closest to two mirror image Pizza Hut P'Zones combined horizontally.

There are two different sets of options for fillings -- don't call them toppings! One is the Italian Meat Trio, which combines pepperoni and two kinds of sausages. The other is the Supremo, which includes Italian sausage, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. The tops of the upper crusts on both are sprinkled with parmesan cheese and spices for extra flavor. The six-slice pies cost $12.99 and are available now across the country

SS5R5.jpg

vBNlz.jpg

zethren

Banned
I came in expecting the entire crust to just be stuffed with mozzarella with the sauce and toppings still on top of the crust and not inside.

Disappointed. This is just a calzone!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I came in expecting the entire crust to just be stuffed with mozzarella with the sauce and toppings still on top of the crust and not inside.

Disappointed. This is just a calzone!

You mean like some of Papa Murphy's offerings? Though they don't just stuff it with cheese.

MFXRF.jpg

Since we got a good Italian restaurant that did takeaway orders one minute on foot away from my house, we haven't needed to order any fast food pizzas.

That's not got anything to do with OP, I just thought I'd share my joy.

Dishwalla

Banned
We used to make a pizza like that at Papa Murphy's when I worked there years ago. It was a bitch to cook though, because it almost always came out soggy, there was too much shit on it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This will come and go in the blink of an eye and yet they still won't bring back Bigfoot.

I'll eat one like I do every Pizza Hut novelty item.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Found this hilarious when I first saw the commercial. I don't think we have any of these crusts in Canada.

That's not............mustard on the pizza, is it?
probably wouldn't be bad to dip just the crust in

Wthermans

Banned
Best thing from Pizza Hut recently is their $10 Dinner Box. Medium Pan Pizza, Half an Order of Breadsticks (Cheesesticks for only $1 more!), and a Full Order of CinnaStix. Usually feeds me and my wife for 2 dinners and lunch.

3N16MA

Banned
Stuff the crust with mini pizzas which each have their own toppings and then stuff those crusts with smaller pizzas that have their own toppings.

way more

Ugh, the only good pizza is Fratelli Pizza on Fourth Street in Flagstaff, AZ.

caption.jpg

I know this doesn't apply to 99.99999999% of you but I"m a fucking idiot and didn't have anything substantive to contribute.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping this was a revival of the Triple Decker Pizza. Instead we got a more expensive version of the P'zone. I didn't ask for this.

Ceebs

I haven't had pizza hut in AGES. Is it any better than Dominos or the other "fast food" pizza chains?

As someone who has ZERO good local pizza places (seriously, they are all the bottom of the barrel 5 dollar ready to go places now) Pizza Hut is my absolute last choice.

Ugh, the only good pizza is Fratelli Pizza on Fourth Street in Flagstaff, AZ.

caption.jpg

I know this doesn't apply to 99.99999999% of you but I"m a fucking idiot and didn't have anything substantive to contribute.

Looks to be about $30, no? Was it worth it?

I don't remember, but I've heard people talk about the Priazzo as Pizza Hut's best pizza, that was discontinued a long time ago. Understanding their descriptions of it, this sort of sounds like what that once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom