• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5: A Russian website leaks information on its final design

At the gates of the PlayStation 5 event, there are many unknowns that we have about the future of Sony's new generation console, but especially when it comes to the design that it will have. Today we have received information from the Russian website GameMag, which claims to have privileged but very limited information from a person who works on the console assembly line.

The information and features they offer from the medium are as follows:

· The console features unusual detail never before seen in the industry that no one knows about yet.
· Sony has not yet revealed all the secrets of the console; There is one characteristic to emphasize that more than once it has been dropped by the western press but it has not been given enough attention. We do not know what you can honestly refer to with this section.
· The design of the console will be similar to a symmetrical square with rounded edges, so it will be nothing like the design of the Xbox Series X.
· The console is very thick; It is almost twice as thick as the PlayStation 4 Pro.

TNyur19.jpg

Logically, these data are not official at any time, but we can get an idea of how the design of the expected PlayStation 5 can be presented this Thursday, June 4 at the presentation event.

Fuente:

I’ve no problem with that, XsX is already unbelievably huge (like really, wtf is that?) . They know cooling was their Achilles heel this gen so I’m sure they have total focus to rectify that next gen. I have space for all dimensions in my room unless it’s a washing machine.

Last edited:
if it’s a closed design like ps3/ps4 was with the boosting that’s going on inside it will sound like a jet after about 3 months

Please let it have an flue design or open top and please don’t use clay like you did for ps4 for thermal paste

bitbydeath

Drain came from?

• The console stands out with one very unusual detail about which no one has yet talked about, but the insider decided not to disclose it to us either . Reason: there is a possibility that this detail can be used to track where the "drain" came from.

Edit: Oh leak came from... got it.

Last edited:

BatSu

At the gates of the PlayStation 5 event, there are many unknowns that we have about the future of Sony's new generation console, but especially when it comes to the design that it will have. Today we have received information from the Russian website GameMag, which claims to have privileged but very limited information from a person who works on the console assembly line.

The information and features they offer from the medium are as follows:

· The console features unusual detail never before seen in the industry that no one knows about yet.
· Sony has not yet revealed all the secrets of the console; There is one characteristic to emphasize that more than once it has been dropped by the western press but it has not been given enough attention. We do not know what you can honestly refer to with this section.
· The design of the console will be similar to a symmetrical square with rounded edges, so it will be nothing like the design of the Xbox Series X.
· The console is very thick; It is almost twice as thick as the PlayStation 4 Pro.

TNyur19.jpg

Logically, these data are not official at any time, but we can get an idea of how the design of the expected PlayStation 5 can be presented this Thursday, June 4 at the presentation event.

Fuente:
8ec801f384527ef4343099c98f9c1b41.gif

Ar¢tos

Secret Unusual Detail?
It comes in a biodegradable plastic box instead of paper based box, or some pointless shit like that.

PocoJoe

Banned
i love that people think PS4 is loud lol. if the PS4 is a jet engine then what was the PS3? that thing was LOUD. my PS4 is quiet.

"my ps4 is quiet"

Don't you see the problem in that? you arent the only one with ps4.

There are more noisy and less units on every playstation (after ps1 at least), I have noisy ps2 fat, I have quiet ps2 fat.

Not all ps3s were that noisy.

my first ps4 (launch unit) were so noisy that the fan noise masked gaming noises easily from 3m away, with big speakers/headphones. MUCH noisier than those xbox 360 units with that fucking noisy disc drive. Easily audible from 6-8 metres away trough 1 door shut between.

Would you not call that noisy?

My second ps4 (replaced by amazon) = less noisy, still easily audible trought that same door, still masking gaming sounds on some scenes.

Friends ps4 og = audible to his front door from 15m away.

2nd friends ps4 = about as noisy as my second unit

my 1st ps4 pro = almost as noisy as my first fat ps4 + fan made crazy screeching noises

my 2nd ps4 pro (current unit) = not as bad but still noisy fan that masks gaming noises with speakers or headphones.

friends ps4 pro = about the same.

and all my units are sitting basically on open table, nothing blocking airflow, same with friend 2, friend 1 had his in a tv-stand.

Easily noisiest consoles I have heard, and those 360 units with disc spinning were intolerable already.

I have few ps3 fats and yeah they arent quiet either, but not as bad as my ps4s.

Pro can be less noisy on some games, but on many it just spins the fan like a mad man.

So yeah, good for you if you got really quiet unit, but many of us arent so lucky.

ps. I have met people that claim their unit is "silent", yet it have been noisy as fuck, like that one that could be heard to his front door, he didnt notice it before I said it to him, while it sounded like bad hair dryer while being next to it

Shin

Banned
Random and poorly made Russian site "leaks" PS5 before all other sources - surely this is it guys!
Considering that Sony is re-using the PS4 logo, I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with the console as well.
Though if I'm honest I'd say that the mock-up? in the image looks a lot better than XS (which I like as well, but white>black when it comes to electronics for me).

Blond

Banned
"i want 4k! i want 60fps! i want raytracing! i want a Zen 2 cpu! i want an SSD! I want all the teraflops!"

"no buy it's basically a washing machine!"

Don't forget

"I want the power of a modern PC that 3x the price of what I'm paying but I don't want it to cost more than 350 because Mom won't buy/subsidize it for me and make me pay it in full!"

it's a flat, square, symmetrical box with rounded edges

I really hope that it doesn't look like that otherwise I'm DEFINITELY waiting for a slim model.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
can't wait for the absolute unit memes when we see the design

Don't forget

"I want the power of a modern PC that 3x the price of what I'm paying but I don't want it to cost more than 350 because Mom won't buy/subsidize it for me and make me pay it in full!"

I really hope that it doesn't look like that otherwise I'm DEFINITELY waiting for a slim model.

gonna wait for the slim model too.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I’ve no problem with that, XsX is already unbelievably huge (like really, wtf is that?) . They know cooling was their Achilles heel this gen so I’m sure they have total focus to rectify that next gen. I have space for all dimensions in my room unless it’s a washing machine.

You realise that if you have no problem with it being 2x PS4 pro then it's not much different to the XSX which is also the same as 2x PS4 Pro.

I have a sneaky feeling that they will both be very very similar in the looks department.

I also wouldn't say that they're unbelievably huge for the power inside.

2X size for 5x power of each base console is acceptable.

5RICK3t.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom