• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5: A Russian website leaks information on its final design

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So there is a secret but the western press has already talked about it but nobody noticed. I mean how dumb do you have to be to believe anything that comes from someone spouting that nonsense?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
PS5 Thick? Well shit.

2VAHeLv-e1556707456173-1080x675.jpg
Already know how to play
8746acb22e18f0b6a6cf3e17f723f90d.gif

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This is the second time we have heard it's extremely thick isn't it? Seems like there might be some smoke to the that rumor.

People who think the PS4 is loud have clearly never owned an original X360, or Dreamcast. Lol

I mean, I love my Pro, I dust and vacuum my gaming room routinely, I have the updated SKU that is supposed to be quiet and it still gets gets really loud in some games. It’s not the only loud console of all time, but it’s still loud (sometimes)

DeepL translation
-The design of the real console differs from all variants that were previously published on the network under the guise of insides.

-The console stands out as one very unusual detail that nobody has ever told us about, but the insider decided not to reveal it to us. The reason: it is possible that this detail can be traced back to where the "drain" came from.

-Sony hasn't revealed all the secrets of the console yet. It should announce another important system feature. Some information about this chip has already flashed in the Western press, but no one paid attention to it.

-In terms of design, the console doesn't look like the Xbox Series X. It's not a device in the style of smart speakers. PlayStation 5 looks like a classic console - it's a flat square symmetrical box with rounded edges.

-But it's also a very thick console. It's almost twice as thick as the PlayStation 4 Pro.

The insider didn't show us the photos because it's very risky. There might be some differences in the retail version. We are looking forward to the official show, which may take place next week.
It doesn't sound too far fetched when the console is also being revealed next week. There may be people spreading information.

I just hope the information about the size turns out to be true. It's ridiculous that a PC with 5 fans, pump and 3 additional GPU fans runs significantly quieter than a console with just one fan, bigger size should mean that the console will run a lot quieter.

And lol people downplaying the noise coming from PS4s. Cerny himself admitted that they did a shit job with cooling in the past.

DeepL translation

It doesn't sound too far fetched when the console is also being revealed next week. There may be people spreading information.

I just hope the information about the size turns out to be true. It's ridiculous that a PC with 5 fans, pump and 3 additional GPU fans runs significantly quieter than a console with just one fan, bigger size should mean that the console will run a lot quieter.

And lol people downplaying the noise coming from PS4s. Cerny himself admitted that they did a shit job with cooling in the past.

I wasn’t expecting the console or price to be revealed next week, just gameplay, but maybe it’s happening after all

Arun1910

The console features unusual detail never before seen in the industry that no one knows about yet.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: This leaker is really spilling the beans now...

You're telling me you don't understand what that means?

Pff... amateur ;)

This whole rumour sounds like BS to me

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sony gave a Russian web site their final hardware design.. a Turkish retailer their BC plans.

What's next; "Madagascar Financial Analysts says Sony told him PS5 would be $99.99"

batti

Neo Member
Honestly, this seems fake since the press doesn't know anything about the final design of PlayStation 5.
Honestly, I don't see the value in speculating on these leaks, given that most of them are fictional.
. (Here's a thread on GTA V "leaks", with most of them being fictional)

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I hope it has a handle on it.
Funny that you say that... I had this dream that they made a console that was easy to transport and you could plug in, in your car and use an iPad to function as a screen when not at home. But I think this is a home console only.....which is good for me cause that's the only place I really play.

Exodia

Banned
This seemed quite real until Gran Turismo on PC.

GT is a system seller. There is no way Sony would let it go multiplat.

I dont think its saying the new game will go multi-plat. It might simply be that the last gen version is released on PC in conjuction with the next gen version being released on PS5.
And this might be a setup where they then release it on PC, 3 years later. Which they are doing with some other titles.

It makes sense seeing racing games are niche on consoles. But have a very huge committed fan base on PC.
However we will find out in 5 days. Either, all of it is a joke or none of it is

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Didn't Ryan say production is on track or something recently?
Foxconn Picasso might be active soon again since production should be starting in the coming months.

Bryank75

Banned
At the gates of the PlayStation 5 event, there are many unknowns that we have about the future of Sony's new generation console, but especially when it comes to the design that it will have. Today we have received information from the Russian website GameMag, which claims to have privileged but very limited information from a person who works on the console assembly line.

The information and features they offer from the medium are as follows:

· The console features unusual detail never before seen in the industry that no one knows about yet.
· Sony has not yet revealed all the secrets of the console; There is one characteristic to emphasize that more than once it has been dropped by the western press but it has not been given enough attention. We do not know what you can honestly refer to with this section.
· The design of the console will be similar to a symmetrical square with rounded edges, so it will be nothing like the design of the Xbox Series X.
· The console is very thick; It is almost twice as thick as the PlayStation 4 Pro.

TNyur19.jpg

Logically, these data are not official at any time, but we can get an idea of how the design of the expected PlayStation 5 can be presented this Thursday, June 4 at the presentation event.

Fuente:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
PS5 bigger than the OG XBOX One, would be hilarious... not to mention the narrative changing from 'it won't fit in my my media cabinet' to 'anything as long as it's quiet' or 'brb, buying a new media cabinet with 2 receiver sized compartments'

But it's pretty much a given. XSX has almost twice the volume of a One X. PS4 Pro is 5.305 cm^3. One X is 4.320 cm^3 and Series X is 7.936 cm^3. PS5 obviously runs hotter than XSX with higher clock speeds and a faster SSD. Given how tight the XSX already is, assuming PS5 runs around 25 % hotter (based on specs) it requires additional space for heat dissipation. 25 % more volume than XSX would lead to roughly 10.000 cm^3. Which comes down to a traditional form factor of 33 cm wide, 30 cm deep and 10 cm high. Original Xbox One had a volume of 7.208 cm^3 and was 8 cm high. So ... PS5 being roughly two PS4 Pro put together makes sense. In a best case scenario it will be around Xbox One size.

This seemed quite real until Gran Turismo on PC.

GT is a system seller. There is no way Sony would let it go multiplat.
Horizon Zero Dawn was a system seller as well and is coming. It would of course be GT Sport, not the next game.

Last edited:

AphexTwunt

But it's pretty much a given. XSX has almost twice the volume of a One X. PS4 Pro is 5.305 cm^3. One X is 4.320 cm^3 and Series X is 7.936 cm^3. PS5 obviously runs hotter than XSX with higher clock speeds and a faster SSD. Given how tight the XSX already is, assuming PS5 runs around 25 % hotter (based on specs) it requires additional space for heat dissipation. 25 % more volume than XSX would lead to roughly 10.000 cm^3. Which comes down to a traditional form factor of 33 cm wide, 30 cm deep and 10 cm high. Original Xbox One had a volume of 7.208 cm^3 and was 8 cm high. So ... PS5 being roughly two PS4 Pro put together makes sense. In a best case scenario it will be around Xbox One size.

Which, Like I said will be amusing, not least because of the blatant narrative shifting.

orosballs

As long as I'm not hearing an F-14 Tomcat warming up in front of me, I'm cool with the ps5 looking like a double big mac...

Top Bottom