• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation is skipping Gamescom again this year

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Ok so I guess I m not playing avowed this year and Indy this year? I’m not playing fable in 2025? you guys are nuts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But seeing gifs you make you feel better ok …..
don't jinx it man.

just remembered that

Halo Infinite
Redfall
Starfield
Forza
got delayed/ they were shown 2+ years before release

This goldfish memory is really amusing. Xbox has lost any kind of benefit of the doubt at this point.
Think About It GIF by Identity

RickMasters

I don't know what's Afro, but besides it? Astro Bot, Until Dawn, Lego Horizon, and Concord, despite of how much we dislike it. But hey, they already published bigger stuff in H1, what did MS have besides fuckin' Hellblade 2?
Wel yeah… that’s true (see not hard to be honest is it?) MS didn’t have much to show besides hell blade2 up until the other day. That was true the other day. And then they did. It’s not true post showcase and announcement’s though is it?

And let’s be honest who is choosing lego horizon, Astro bot or concord over anything at the Xbox showcase? Avowed and Indy are easily more interesting games. And I’ll bet money doom: dark ages sells better on PS than any of those exclusives you mentioned, and that’s coming from Xbox.

What a crazy place gaming has become in 2024. 😅

Hey look don’t take none of this personal. Even though you called me ‘dumb’ for saying something you don’t agree with I don’t take it personal . It’s cool bruv 👊🏿

RickMasters

don't jinx it man.

just remembered that

Halo Infinite
Redfall
Starfield
Forza

This goldfish memory is really amusing. Xbox has lost any kind of benefit of the doubt at this point.
I get it. They ain’t done much to earn anybodys confidence. Doesn’t change the fact that these games are coming soon ish? I’ll be playing Atleast three then along with COD on gamepass…..

Hey i love that gif btw …. I know that guy in real life.… true stories 🤣🤣🤣

RickMasters

don't jinx it man.

just remembered that

Halo Infinite
Redfall
Starfield
Forza

I just want to add….. halo infinite is good these days . Starfiels im aure will be worth plant post DLC ( I still haven’t played it… too much other games to play in the meantime while they make they game worth playing. I can wait )

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This is a weird take….

Nintendo and Xbox had showcases for games they having coming out this year and next. That’s the whole point of a showcase…..what exactly are you saying other than Sony don’t need to have a showcase because they have nothing besides Afro it to talk about this year….

What are you even saying?
Sony has already said they have no games from "major first party franchises" coming out before April next year. My guess they'll have a showcase at the end of the year or the start of next year to show what's coming out in 2025.

I'm mostly talking to the doom and gloomers. I get people want to see games being worked on, but do you want to see the same trailer over and over again for 3 years until the game comes out?

Playstation has had a bunch of exclusives come out this year already, and the State of Play showed a bunch of other games coming out this year - perhaps games that are to everyone's liking, but they're coming out this year. I get people want to see TLoU, Wolverine, Ghost of Tsushima. But what's the value of showing a game that's 2 or 3 years away anymore?

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I get it. They ain’t done much to earn anybodys confidence. Doesn’t change the fact that these games are coming soon ish? I’ll be playing Atleast three then along with COD on gamepass…..

Hey i love that gif btw …. I know that guy in real life.… true stories 🤣🤣🤣
i don't think you get it at all.

Xbox's track record at delivering quality is equally trash.

Avowed and indy could be very well another disappointments like:

Halo Infinite , Redfall, Starfield, Forza, Hellblade 2.

my suggestion is: don't go on this path of praising something that hasn't been released yet. Just keep it low key and then celebrate when the actual product delivers.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I just want to add….. halo infinite is good these days . Starfiels im aure will be worth plant post DLC ( I still haven’t played it… too much other games to play in the meantime while they make they game worth playing. I can wait )
even after the lengthy delay, those games came out incomplete. Let that sink in.

Project Dark, state of Decay can slip to 2027-28 . 😱😱😱.

and they didn't show Contraband and Everwild. (those two games have higher chances of getting canceled)

showcases are great... but when the games shown become the carrot at the end of the stick for multiple years in a row, those games become a burden.

RickMasters

i don't think you get it at all.

Xbox's track record at delivering quality is equally trash.

Avowed and indy could be very well another disappointments like:

Halo Infinite , Redfall, Starfield, Forza, Hellblade 2.

my suggestion is: don't go on this path of praising something that hasn't been released yet. Just keep it low key and then celebrate when the actual product delivers.
I don’t disagree with being sceptical especially in the case of Xbox. But I like what I saw. So I’ll just leave it at that, then innit?

I said it earlier in this thread and I’ll say it again. Halo infinite is a solid game right now.star field lolks like it’s getting their and finally worth jumping into, if I find the time. Sure maybe that’s the point and atarfiels should have released much later like the end of this year but that never happened…. MS released it when they did. And like a lot of games these days didn’t launch in the best of states. That just seems to be what devs do these days. Hence why I dont play big games at launch, personally. But let’s not act like that’s just an Xbox thing. And some games legit bounce back from it. Whether we are No mama sky was not great at launch compared to what it is now. Sea of theives? Same thing, I can think of a dozen others. Maybe that’s an issue with time and cost of development and people wanting to make their money back as fast as possible… but what t does that have to do with a team like obsidian who have never really made a bad game? Machine have some good things with Wolfenstein…. So why would I NOT be confident in this devs? You speak like they are the ones who made redfall or messed up forza……

And FYI…. I liked hellblade 2. Might have been a bit short and the combat could have been a bit better but over mall it was a Good game? Have you actually played it?

FingerBang

Is this news? They haven't attended in years, have they?

I think Sony has plenty to show. Their studios have been working on stuff for years, so they are due for a big year or showcase for 1st party games. They just need to be a lot better with communication. They don't need to be super transparent but they can't go absolutely radio silent either. Nintendo is private too but even they communicate way better and give us proper showcases.
Yeah, this is pretty obvious by now. It's been evident for years. It's not a matter of "Do they have games," it's simply a new strategy that is annoying because we're dying to know what Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch's next games are. They used to get a lot of shit for showing the same game times and times again, but I think they might have overreacted by going completely silent.

Was it better if they announced X game years before release? Is a Metroid Prime 4 situation overall a negative or a positive? I'm not sure.

They have the pro console launching this year, I expect there will be a big event to hype it up with plenty of first parties. But I expected the same for the PSVR2, and all we got was a blog post, so...

This is hardly news. Sony hasn't gone to conferences in some time. They don't have much to discuss right now. Clearly they don't have any big games coming soon, and they aren't ready to talk about PS5 Pro yet in an official capacity either. I'm personally fine with this--I've no shortage whatsoever of first and third party games to play on my PS5, and I prefer it when Sony does its own events. Though I think they should do less of them. When they try to do them on a regular basis, they're just underwhelming. A handful a year with more relevant hardware and software would be preferable to me personally.

Damigos

The PS4 Pro was released in 2016, three years after the PS4 was released and four years before the PS5 was released.

If Sony releases a PS5 Pro this year then we're at roughly the midway point of this console generation. The PS6 will be released in either 2027 or 2028.
Maybe, but i still think holiday 2026 will see the PS6 release due to PS5 low sales. (everybody will be on PC)

nial

Gold Member
Wel yeah… that’s true (see not hard to be honest is it?) MS didn’t have much to show besides hell blade2 up until the other day. That was true the other day. And then they did. It’s not true post showcase and announcement’s though is it?
It seems that you are having a difficult time with it, though. 🤔
because they have nothing besides Afro it to talk about this year….
And let’s be honest who is choosing lego horizon, Astro bot or concord over anything at the Xbox showcase? Avowed and Indy are easily more interesting games.
Astro Bot looks vastly more exciting than Indy, which doesn't look bad and all. Avowed looks like shit, AND will sell like shit.
And I’ll bet money doom: dark ages sells better on PS than any of those exclusives you mentioned, and that’s coming from Xbox.
Gee, I really wonder why that would must be the case. Anyway, it's a 2025 game, so let's see if it can outsell other first-party games that year.
Hey look don’t take none of this personal. Even though you called me ‘dumb’ for saying something you don’t agree with I don’t take it personal . It’s cool bruv 👊🏿
Considering that you still haven't responded to anything I said about your stupid takes, they stay that way.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
don't jinx it man.

just remembered that

Halo Infinite
Redfall
Starfield
Forza

Sea of thieves, Grounded, Pentiment and Hi FI Rush seem to be doing quite well on PS5. I guess Xbox has no good games.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Bond007

Well at least I'm happy about hardcore playstation fans who must be thrilled about finally getting the sony with little to no competition that they've always wanted

You know "The next showcase, which has to be coming soon, will be insane" is slowly becoming the PS version of the "next year will be the best one ever" on Xbox lol

I agree. LOL
But its bound to happen. They are holding back on alot of announcements- just a matter of what venue and how early.

Moses85

>September Showcase
LFGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>Gran Turismo 8
>The Last of Us Part III
>God of War: Egypt
>Horizon III
>Astro Bot: Rescue Mission 2
>Gravity Rush 2 Remastered
>Mister Mosquito 3
>Doko Demo Issyo 4
>Boku no Natsuyasumi 5
>Uncharted 5
>Ape Escape Academy 3
>Blood+ Souyoko no Battle Rondo 2
>Crime Crackers 3
>Motor Toon Grand Prix 3
>Marvel's Spider-Man: Venom
>Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Remake
>No Heroes Allowed! PS5
>NEW Everybody's Golf 2
>Everybody's Golf VR2
>Déraciné 2
>Helldivers 3
>Fairgame$
>Lost Soul Aside
>Convallaria
>Marvel's Wolverine
>LocoRoco 3
>Patapon 4
>Gunparade March Remake
>Gunparade Orchestra Trilogy
>Days Gone Director's Cut
>Death Stranding 2: On the Beach
>Physint
>Destiny 3
>Marathon
>LEGO Horizon Adventures
>Until Dawn
>Trick×Logic Season 3
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

nial

Gold Member
PS4 Pro was revealed on September 7, 2016

The same will happen this year for PS5 Pro, so early September
Astro Bot is releasing around that time, so maybe a bit later. 18/19 September is my guess, announcement on the 11th or 12th.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Wonder if Sony will go hard with a GTA partnership and the next GTA6 reveal will have at the bottom,
"captured on PS5 Pro"

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 thoughts?
Maybe

I know some at the round table at castle green really wants their next gen system to align very closely with the GTA6 launch window

A lot of free publicity when places like DF starts doing side by sides whoever has the best system at the time though

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe

I know some at the round table at castle green really wants their next gen system to align very closely with the GTA6 launch window

A lot of free publicity when places like DF starts doing side by sides whoever has the best system at the time though
Oh, of course.

They are stuck in that bed they made when it comes to the smallest of marketing focus.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think a lot of people are going to want the best place to play GTA6, I know its literally the only reason I would even consider the nextbox st this point
The mass public doesn't really give two shits, let's be honest. Just us core, on the spectrum bubble livers.

The problem with them, MS/Xbox, they alienated the mainstream so much catering to the core fanaticals, they have to keep it going and ween them slowly over time to the mainstream pie they have to also keep for their publisher purchases.

All that is not going to mean a thing, if their next project are a handheld and a super expensive less than 10% sold in comparison power box you kept hinting at.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The mass public doesn't really give two shits, let's be honest. Just us core, on the spectrum bubble livers.

The problem with them, MS/Xbox, they alienated the mainstream so much catering to the core fanaticals, they have to keep it going and ween them slowly over time to the mainstream pie they have to also keep for their publisher purchases.

All that is not going to mean a thing, if their next project are a handheld and a super expensive less than 10% power box you kept hinting at.
Their lets just say $1000 box looks really powerful for a "console"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Their lets just say $1000 box looks really powerful for a "console"
And not in the wheelhouse for the average mainstream GTA player who would be fine even if it were on the Switch. This only caters to us.

GTA6 on the go seems to be more of an attractive proposition than a $1000 box.

Last edited:

Fredrik

What if they’re simply stalling the titles that could release within 1 or 2 years so they could have something for PS6 launch? or time a simultaneous PS5-PS6 release?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And not in the wheelhouse for the average mainstream GTA player who would be fine even if it were on the Switch. This only caters to us.

GTA6 on the go seems to be more of an attractive proposition than a $1000 box.
100% the higher priced Xbox will be for enthusiasts and the portable for the "mainstream"

If this thing does play steam games I could see the reach into the PC market for people looking at that price range, if that consumer would know what it can play, games like GTA6 at launch and everything Steam has to offer

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
100% the higher priced Xbox will be for enthusiasts and the portable for the "mainstream"

If this thing does play steam games I could see the reach into the PC market for people looking at that price range, if that consumer would know what it can play, games like GTA6 at launch and everything Steam has to offer
Tough nut to crack for Switch-like appeal without those Nintendo properties. Even the Steam Deck is novelty in comparison to Steam gaming as a whole.

Time will tell of course.

All that is not going to mean a thing, if their next project are a handheld and a super expensive less than 10% sold in comparison power box you kept hinting at.

And done an absolute piss poor job in the process

Msamy

I don't really know how they have skipping gamescom they have many great games to show like astro bot and lego games for kids alongside those majestic cross gen title's and live service games, lol,

Last edited:
Top Bottom