• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

I will definitely be getting Miku this month, since the sequel's getting a physical release. Gotta go down to Gamestop and pre-order Tales of Hearts R, and pre-order Minecraft on amazonuk. Maybe this month I'll finally pick up Danganronpa 2 & import Sword Art Online from playasia. Also have to move this month into a nicer apartment on the 15th, so maybe not.

Walking Dead Season 2 & Wolf Among Us should be here on Tuesday, and I'll definitely be getting Binding of Isaac Rebirth day 1.

bYZj4wy.png

What I still need and want for NA/EU PSN and on my Vita. Plz annoy all publishers and sonies.

accidentally bumped last month's thread like a dumbo

Throw in Panzer Bandit and Mad Stalker... I might actually sell off my physical PS1 collection.

I've ALWAYS wanted to play Panzer Bandit since seeing it Gamefan back in the day... I was all about Guardian Heroes, so naturally. I have to go check out whatever Mad Stalker is now.

I wanted to put Tobal 2 in the image too, but imports would've had me looking for covers and trying to remember names all night.

Garraboa

What I still need and want for NA/EU PSN and on my Vita. Plz annoy all publishers and sonies.

What's reassuring is that publishers are still showing signs of supporting the Classics. We've gotten 32 this year in NA, and some from big publishers like Namco and Capcom. It may have slowed down compared to previous years, but the support's still there, I think.

I've ALWAYS wanted to play Panzer Bandit since seeing it Gamefan back in the day... I was all about Guardian Heroes, so naturally. I have to go check out whatever Mad Stalker is now.

I wanted to put Tobal 2 in the image too, but imports would've had me looking for covers and trying to remember names all night.
I'm pretty sure it and Panzer Bandit share the same engine. Though Mad Stalker is a remake of an older game and it doesn't use the multi-plane mechanic that GH and PB do. The combo engine is broken as hell and the game is better for it. And goddamn it's gone up in price. I bought mine CIB last year for around $20 on Amazon and there were a few more listings around the same price. It looks like it's tripled. Both the PS1 and PC Engine versions are available on JP PSN. Maybe we should drop Monkey Paw a line.

As an alternative to Panzer Bandit, I recommend Phantom Breaker Battleground. It's very similar, all the way down to the "release to block". In some ways PBB is superior to PB: 4 player co-op, more enemies on screen, better frame rate.

Oh its been November for me for hours already..the PS+ stuff doesn't go up on the 1st does it?
It normally goes up on the first Tuesday when the store updates, right?

nampad

This month is just crazy with releases.

Stinks that Frozen Synapse, the PS+ game I want the most for my Vita, isn't cross buy. Nearly own everything else.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This month is just crazy with releases.

Stinks that Frozen Synapse, the PS+ game I want the most for my Vita, isn't cross buy. Nearly own everything else.

I bought the vita version 12 hours before the PS+ games update. Imagine my surprise when I saw it as one of the free games, albeit on the PS3. At least I can play it on my Vita.

maouvin

Eff yeah Pix!
SK is awesome too, but Pix needs the love.

Unity preordered, might grab Dekamori with the $15 from October's promotion and that's that. Good for my backlog.

Good work ZeroAKA :)

Was playing a game then the screen started flickering and I got this

48Dpi8I.jpg

Gave me a warning that the system wasn't shut off correctly error when I rebooted. Hope my Vita isn't dying ( ´_ゝ`)

It happened with my 2000 some time ago. Playing Borderlands 2 I think. Rebooted and it's been normal since then.

bobohoro

Nice thread!

I will be getting surprisingly few games this month. Might give a few PS+ games a spin, and from the looks of it, BOI and Steamworld Dig might be worth a longer play. Tales Of Hearts R is still a maybe. And I had enough of vocaloid music with Projecd Diva f already, so I won't be jumping into 2nd any time soon, if at all.

Well, shouldn't be gaming that much anyway since November will be a pretty busy month otherwise, so I'm good.

Zhao_Yun

Yay, new thread! Good to see that Pix won! :3
I will probably only get Tales of Hearts R and Miku PDF 2nd this month.

delSai

Aww yeah, new Thread.

Month just started but i'll already bet that LBP3 will win Game of the Month this time :p

daydream

Banned
I really like pinball games so I hope Rollers of the Realm turns out good.

Only tangentially related, but I just checked if Wizorb was available on the Vita as Mini and it is! Double-dipped.

Yasumi

Banned

48Dpi8I.jpg

Gave me a warning that the system wasn't shut off correctly error when I rebooted. Hope my Vita isn't dying ( ´_ゝ`)
This happened once with Madoka Battle Pentagram on my 1000. It's the game's fault.

delSai

When Tizoc mentioned Bloody Roar is in the Store yesterday i got so hyped to be able to play it again after so many Years, just to get disappointed when i saw the German Store does not have it. -_-

Also an Idea for the Banner on Page 1: Maybe we could put something from the Game of the Month on it? Idk if there are any other plans for it, just an idea.

RalchAC

Man, I've been slacking lately. Now I'm not even on the Wall of Shame.

Went to GAME and discovered the prices in the online store are 5€ cheaper than in retail. So now I don't know if I should get Freedom Wars at Amazon, or trade in two games I don't want anymore and get the budget re-release of KH1.5 HD.

What do you think GAF?

Keep in mind my budget is tight and I need to save money since I may travel a week to Holand with some friends after we finish our January exams.

I'd like to keep Kingdom Hearts (since I lend my PS2 copies to friends and they never turned them back...) but I'd probably sell Freedom Wars. Only problem is that it seems GAME in-store credit can't be used "yet" on the online store. Or at least that's what they told me there.

Nice new thread. Subscription updated.

I won't buy any new game for this month. While I'll be sad not getting Miku on day 1, I have to conserve my money to prepare for the long celebration of Christmas in our country. My ps plus is also set to expire in december so hopefully I can find a good deal on ps+ come thanksgiving day. Also I'll be waiting for the usual winter sales and "15 for 15" sale in january next year so this month is my personal lull month to prepare for the extravagant december and january.

Hopefully my account issue will be fixed by Sony in time for the release of BoI: Rebirth.

Omerta

Gaf logged me out last month... Couldn't remember my password... Couldn't remember what email address I used to sign up with... AAAARGH!

Anyway, not doing this led me to put some good vita time in. Specifically, The Unfinished Swan.

Now, bear in mind that I've already played through (and loved) this game on ps3 but I fucking love this on vita.

The port is perfect and I'm really enjoying playing through it again. Its art style is a really good fit for vita and the game controls brilliantly.

VLiberty

Having a blast with Joe Danger and Pix the cat's Lab mode(which is basically Chuchu Rocket). I have too many games on this damn thing

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Just started Freedom wars. I think the core gameplay is solid, but man, the first couple of hours feels like a long drawn out tutorial.

RK128

48Dpi8I.jpg

That happened to me too a while back; during a race in Sonic Racing that randomly came up, for what I assume, was the game crashing. Was quite nervous initially, but resting the Vita fixed that with no issue :).

I think it happens for the same reason the 'battery' glitch happens (when it shifts randomly from full to dead); the database of the Vita. It messes up every now and then, so it spazing out is understandable :). As long as the system doesn't full on freeze (which also happened to me) and it doesn't reset with the emergency reset (holding down the PS button, the Power Button and the R trigger), then you have a problem.

As it stands though, I think your Vita is fine :).

Top Bottom