• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

delSai

Is 25€ the regular Price for Freedom Wars or is this some kind of discount? Have to wait 2 Weeks before i can buy it, can't pass at this Price.

Top of the Page: Buy Freedom Wars i guess?

RK128

Can't wait to finally see what all the fuss is about The Binding of Isaac. Hot damn.

Twisted imagery mixed with elements from Zelda 1; what is not to love XD! Can't wait to try the game out myself :); a PS+ game that I've been waiting for :D.

Anyway, how is Frozen Synapse Prime? I know the PS3 version is going on PS+ next week (shame no cross-buy with Vita....but that did come out a few weeks back :l), so is it like a SRPG? Those always intimidated me (as I suck with stratage games X(), so maybe this might be a nice introduction to them :).

Is 25€ the regular Price for Freedom Wars or is this some kind of discount? Have to wait 2 Weeks before i can buy it, can't pass at this Price.

That's its regular price, you will be fine but you won't get the preorder DLC I believe.

Twisted imagery mixed with elements from Zelda 1; what is not to love XD! Can't wait to try the game out myself :); a PS+ game that I've been waiting for :D.
Can't wait. I heard there are twin stick shooter elements in there, as well? I've also heard of people putting insane amounts of time into this game...I've been dying to play it for a long time, but my PC is a piece.

autoduelist

Anyway, how is Frozen Synapse Prime? I know the PS3 version is going on PS+ next week (shame no cross-buy with Vita....but that did come out a few weeks back :l), so is it like a SRPG? Those always intimidated me (as I suck with stratage games X(), so maybe this might be a nice introduction to them :).

More of a tactical combat simulator than an srpg... it shares some traits but I certainly wouldn't consider it to be an introduction to srpgs and I wouldn't be intimidated either (no need to be intimidated by srpgs either, go pick up Jeanne D'Arc PSP and fall in love).

You have a fireteam, each equipped with various guns. Each turn represents a few seconds of time, and you set up your teams exact actions. Basically, that means you can set up complex pathing using 1, or many, waypoints. At each waypoint you can also set exact facing for your character.

That's its regular price, you will be fine but you won't get the preorder DLC I believe.

What preorder dlc? I got it in from amazon with no bonuses that I know of.

Then you can test your turn, and see if everything works like you want. If not, you can adjust, adding/moving waypoints, etc. When you're happy with your turn you approve it, and all units (friends, enemies) move together. When your units see an enemy they automatically fire, with proper facing being important for speed/accuracy.

This means you're responsible for proper fireteam tactics -- advancing on fortified positions, breaching doors, flanking enemies, etc.

Great game.

GWX

Thanks! New to the service, I actually thought the games would be up today. Oh well, at least we'll have Isaac then!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Thanks! New to the service, I actually thought the games would be up today. Oh well, at least we'll have Isaac then!

Protip: Just treat the store update as Wednesday every week rather than agonize and moan about the hour the games go up like the rest of us gaffers.

Gamerloid

As I said, I'd be here to support your entry to creating the PSN threads Zero! I support Chibi Miku and put forth the notion of switching it up between chibi vocaloids.

I won't rig the votes, but I'm fully expecting PDF 2nd to win. You wouldn't want to make Miku cry, right?

And now everyone's going to vote for something else just to annoy me.
If it doesn't win I'll sell my Vita. I'm broke and can't afford the game at this point, but lucky for me I remembered I saved $35 in my account just in case something unfortunate would happen to my funds. Always plan for the unexpected. I'm going to have to work after this semester though, I'm sick of being a poor college student. I plan to make use of the AA degree in accounting I'll be receiving at the end of this year while working towards my BA.

delSai

freedom-wars-pre-order-bonuses-01-us-psvita-15aug14

This seems to be it. Suits look cool.

Just saw some premium avatars on the mobile store being listed as ps3/vita. Do they work on the Vita now?
Nope, not for me. Can't find/dl any of my Premium Avatars.

Gamerloid

Just saw some premium avatars on the mobile store being listed as ps3/vita. Do they work on the Vita now?

GOING TO TEST NOW!!! Perhaps all those death threats I've sent is finally paying off!

EDIT: Still can't set my Terra Branford Premium Avatar

bobohoro

That's the normal price, yes.

So, those plus games, which are worth the download and playtime?

I'm definitely getting BOI, been interested in trying that since quite some time. Steamworld Dig is a Metroidvania with drills and wild west flair, right? Will get that one too. I'm still undecided on Luftrausers and have no clue about Evil Horde, Escape Plan is already off my radar.

ZeroAKA

As I said, I'd be here to support your entry to creating the PSN threads Zero! I support Chibi Miku and put forth the notion of switching it up between chibi vocaloids.
Will you be staying permanently?

Are there any news about the PS+ games for Europe?
Most likely the same games.

BoI:R and Frozen Synapse look interesting. I'm not sold on the others yet.

Someone posted the picture so to answer the question about the DLC, if u order Freedom Wars from a participating retailer or PSN for the first week (I believe it is a week), you would get that stuff.

Well there you have it folks. For those who did buy freedom wars on PSN, if you go check your DL list you will see that you actually downloaded a Freedom Wars Bundle that comes with the game and the content.

autoduelist

That's the normal price, yes.

I'm definitely getting BOI, been interested in trying that since quite some time. Steamworld Dig is a Metroidvania with drills and wild west flair, right? Will get that one too. I'm still undecided on Luftrausers and have no clue about Evil Horde, Escape Plan is already off my radar.

To me, any game is worth the time to buy/download.

Luftrausers is amazing if you like score attack dogfight style combat. Controls are turn/thrust/stall style, not 'point in a direction' and go.

Evil Horde is a day 1 ps+ game I believe, so no word on that yet. I've watched vids on it... you control a zombie horde and there seems to be a lot of diverse minigames. So ymmv.

delSai

Anyone know how you get this preorder content if you preordered a physical copy? There's no code in my box and going to it on the vita store doesn't show any DLC. I'm stumped. (preordered from Amazon).

Sometimes they'll send you a code via E-Mail.

ecurbj

Anyone know how you get this preorder content if you preordered a physical copy? There's no code in my box and going to it on the vita store doesn't show any DLC. I'm stumped. (preordered from Amazon).
Amazon should of sent you an email. I would ask them about it. I preordered from Best Buy and went to pick up the title "in-store" and I got the code printed out on the receipt and Best Buy sent me an email.

Yasumi

Banned
Should've been sent through email. Gmail ended up sticking it in my Promotions subfolder, so I just thought it was an ad initially.

Gamerloid

I'm thinking come Tuesday we'll have premium avatars. They're definitely there, and SEN says download to your Vita but does nothing right now.
Will you be staying permanently?

If I get 3-5 PMs to stay I will. :^)

Have we talked about this?

"Final Fantasy Agito+" for PS Vita Has Been Delayed Indefinitely

http://m.crunchyroll.com/article/?id=97077
Well darn. Haven't kept up with this game though. Wasn't sure if I was going to get the iPad version or the Vita one.

autoduelist

Sometimes they'll send you a code via E-Mail.

Amazon should of sent you an email. I would ask them about it. I preordered from Best Buy and went to pick up the title "in-store" and I got the code printed out on the receipt and Best Buy sent me an email.

Should've been sent through email. Gmail ended up sticking it in my Promotions subfolder, so I just thought it was an ad initially.

Derp. Thanks guys. I forgot my Amazon email is different from the two primary emails I use. The code was sitting there, staring at me like a lonely puppy.

Some say there are no stupid questions, but they're wrong. Thanks for the answer.

antibolo

Banned
Project Diva F 2nd this month!

As someone who got the Japanese version (both platforms) at launch back in March, I can tell you guys that you are in for a treat.

Personally I'm looking forward to quadruple dipping the game for the translated lyrics.

bobohoro

To me, any game is worth the time to buy/download.

Eh, limited space (still rocking 8GB) and slow, unstable internet connection often lead to more hassle than some games are worth. And I'm lazy as well as picky. ;)

Luftrausers is amazing if you like score attack dogfight style combat. Controls are turn/thrust/stall style, not 'point in a direction' and go.

Evil Horde is a day 1 ps+ game I believe, so no word on that yet. I've watched vids on it... you control a zombie horde and there seems to be a lot of diverse minigames. So ymmv.

Thanks. Yeah, looked up some videos of Luftrausers and while it seems well made, I'm not really into score attack games. Will give Evil Horde a look if people in this thread have something positive to say about it, even though I'm less optimistic.

Takao

Banned
maybe square enix realized releasing three different console final fantasies in four months isn't genius

Pics_nao

Oh boy what a month for my wallet

Dekamori
Tales of Hearts R (again)
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
A PS4 hopefully

Not even gonna bother listing the other games I was gonna buy on other systems

Hmm i am able to transfer my save data from PS4 to a USB drive but i get an error when i want to transfer from USB to PS4. Halp?

RK128

More of a tactical combat simulator than an srpg... it shares some traits but I certainly wouldn't consider it to be an introduction to srpgs and I wouldn't be intimidated either (no need to be intimidated by srpgs either, go pick up Jeanne D'Arc PSP and fall in love).

You have a fireteam, each equipped with various guns. Each turn represents a few seconds of time, and you set up your teams exact actions. Basically, that means you can set up complex pathing using 1, or many, waypoints. At each waypoint you can also set exact facing for your character.

Thank you for the clarification :). Maybe when my backlog dies down, I will consider getting Jeanne D'Arc for my Vita (Gaf recommending me games has always lead to great results; cannot thank Gaf enough for introducing me to the Persona series :D).

Frozen Synapse Prime should be a fun game to play then :).

BoI:R and Frozen Synapse look interesting. I'm not sold on the others yet.

Man, you in for a treat then :D. SteamWorld Dig is an amazing game; the fastest I've ever beat a game on my Vita (as I beat the game in about 5 hours across two/three gaming sessions). I really enjoyed it, so I hope you give it a chance :D....just don't expect it to be like Splunky or Minecraft; each of the games three/four mines are not randomly generated like those games....so, they don't change on repeated playthroughs sadly :(.

Liftarus is also a solid game too; fun arcade action in short bursts :). The controls are great and the retro-visuals really pop on Vita. You can't beat a game where you can just fly through many ships in a row and destroy tons of planes with your lazer beam XD.

Top Bottom