• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2023 |OT| Show as a Service! (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST) (No Spoilers!)

Rate the Blow... Showcase

• Total voters

Gone

Banned
Let's fuckin goooooo

zAgvAjK.png

FunkMiller

Genuinely think a full on Bloodborne Ps5 and PC remaster approaching what Bluepoint did with Demon's Souls would be the biggest megaton, if it happened. There are millions of PC players out there who bought and loved Elden Ring last year. There's a massive hunger for From games these days (just look at the mainstream attention Armored Core is getting, even though the series is niche) and making arguably the best one of all available to as many players as possible has got to be a huge deal.

Wooxsvan

finally it has come. any know whos doing hype/speculation streams hours early? Any suggestions? I need something to play in the background at work..

Portugeezer

I wouldn't be surprised to see GTA6 there. As for Bloodborne I don't think a remaster/remake is happening. I actually expect a sequel before any of those two.
They owe them one after Sony sucked that girthy RockstarGames dick to make a big deal about GTA5 during their first PS5 showcase.

(probably less than 5% chance).

saintjules

My thoughts as to what we will see:

Spider-Man 2

- Dev introduction
- CGI Story Trailer
- Gameplay Footage - maybe a few minutes worth, but anything extended I think we'll be shown at a future SoP before release
- Release date shown (September)

Death Stranding 2

- Special message from Kojima
- Story Trailer with short gameplay footage shown
- Anything else from DS2 will be reserved for SGF (exclusive bits)
- No release date shown

Last of Us Multiplayer Game

- Neil Druckmann intro
- Story Trailer + short gameplay footage
- Neil already mentioned it will not be called Factions, so I expect a new name here.
- Fall/Holiday 2023 release date window shown.

Final Fantasy XVI

- Special message from the team showing previously released B-roll footage of the game running in parallel.
- Shadow drop of the demo to help push talk of the game leading up to release. Makes no sense to release it a week or so before the retail release imo.
- I think a 'final' trailer will be shown closer to release and not here (they've already shown enough)

Few PSVR2 games that push the power of the hardware will be shown. Maybe a possible sizzle reel for what's to come later this year into 2024. I don't expect Sony to spend too much time on PSVR2 at the showcase.

Other randoms I think that will be announced/shown:

- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - 2024 release date shown with a CGI Trailer and/or with very short gameplay footage. If Rebirth isn't here, then it will be at TGS.

- Stellar Blade Trailer w/ a 2023 release date shown.

- Project Awakening title name reveal, showing a 2024 release window. Story Trailer with gameplay footage.

- Pragmata - 2023/2024 release date window shown. Second trailer including gameplay footage.

- Persona 3 Remake w/ a short teaser of Persona 6 announcement. I don't think we see these both release in the same year, so I think P3 Remake is Fall/Holiday 2023 and P6 late 2024. Both release years shown.

- Little Devil Inside - New gameplay trailer w/ a 2023 release date shown. If the game isn't at the showcase, the game is dead imo.

- MGS 3 Remake Announcement + Trailer w/ a 2024 release date window shown

- New Uncharted Teaser - Series continues on with Chloe as the new hero, or an Uncharted prequel of some kind featuring a younger Sully. No release date of any kind is shown.

- Santa Monica New IP - Teaser Trailer (either CGI or in-game). No release date of any kind is shown.

- Bloodborne 1 Remake or a PS5 upgrade + PC announcement w/ a 2024 release date shown.

- New IP from Bend Studio (possibly Syphon Filter revival). CGI/in-game trailer only. No release date of any kind is shown.

- Wolverine 2nd CGI Trailer. No gameplay or release date is shown.

- Since they mention the focus is PS5 and PSVR2 primarily, I think they show a very select few cross-gen games being the last for PS4.

- Indie games confirmed to be in the showcase, but I think more of them will be tossed over to Keighley for SGF.

Wildcard/Wishlist Prediction

- Remake of Legend of Dragoon Announcement

*Edited.

Last edited:
Many are going to be mad once this is over. Really don't know who will get angry just yet.

I just hope many are satisfied with it. I certainly don't want PlayStation to mess this up.

I've seen so many fakes in the past that I have my doubts.

P.S No I haven't seen it.
oh absolutely, nobody said it was totally legit. but over the years every alledged leak or rumor has been posted around here, just found strange I didn't see it posted

Crayon

Okay so that's 5am where I'm at. That's about when the sun starts blasting my face thought this hotel window so maybe I'll get to watch live.

I'm usually not too excited for these things and just catch the main developments on the front page here. Psvr2 has me pretty excited for this though so it will be fun to watch live I think.

saintjules

If the spiderman 2 trailer ends with a shot of venom suit Peter vs Miles I will probably explode.

I'd like to know more about the story of this. Wasn't it Peter that had the Venom Symbiote, but it ultimately goes to Eddie Brock? I don't follow the comics/movies that closely.

Top Bottom