• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
type21206fym.png

Hold On GIF

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor
Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

I just hope if the FF9 remake is a real thing, it’s the whole game and not chunked into sections.

I honestly think it’s real, and it’s not as big of a project as the recreation of 7. I think the 2dHD thing they did with Octopath is what it will be…and I’m 100% okay with that. No need to recreate the wheel like they did with 7.

True but that said, I think it might look weird to folks if IX Remake is just more like Octopath when they went all out with VII's remake. I don't know if the Octopath type of style/budget would be easily welcomed for a IX Remake after VII Remake kind of established a baseline for remakes of the classic games (at least going back to the PS1).

I think it'd be more likely they do a new classic FF in the style of Octopath for PS5 & Switch 2, and maybe PS4 depending on where Switch 2 lands performance-wise (if it's close enough to PS4 would make it easier to do a PS4 version).

True but that said, I think it might look weird to folks if IX Remake is just more like Octopath when they went all out with VII's remake. I don't know if the Octopath type of style/budget would be easily welcomed for a IX Remake after VII Remake kind of established a baseline for remakes of the classic games (at least going back to the PS1).

I think it'd be more likely they do a new classic FF in the style of Octopath for PS5 & Switch 2, and maybe PS4 depending on where Switch 2 lands performance-wise (if it's close enough to PS4 would make it easier to do a PS4 version).
Good points!…me personally, I’m good with either or, just as long as they don’t add that dumb jump rope 1,000 times achievement again lol

ChiefDada

Gold Member
A single window in the Matrix demo is over 1 million triangles. Some doors are over 10 million triangles.
One slab of sidewalk is over 1 million. Just one building in the Matrix demo has more triangles than the entire assets in Horizon and DS combined.

Where are you getting this from? A window is a flat 2D surface why on earth would it be comprised of 10 million polys? It's time to cite your source because you've been spouting this nonsense for too long unchecked.

But nevertheless, you will claim that Spiderman 2 looks better regardless of what's shown next week. As you said already " Spider-Man 2 will blow the Matrix Demo out of the water to the point where we'll all be laughing at the memory of us praising it so much."

Ice T React GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

And what will you say in 5 days? All of this sounds like your attempt to preemptively downplay what will be shown next week. It doesn't have to be like this Static. There is a better way. Go grab a PS5 from your neighborhood Best buy etc. and you too can indulge in the greatness.

reksveks

I guess I’m the only one who think that ‘hype-train’ shit is incredibly childish?

The whole thread is taken over by ‘put my image on that other image for whatever the fuck reason’
It kinda is but ehh, letting people have their fun even with 'childish' things is generally a good stance*.

* obviously doesnt apply in all cases
** not meaning to imply that you are overly zealous in trying to rein them in.

Vick

I guess I’m the only one who think that ‘hype-train’ shit is incredibly childish?

The whole thread is taken over by ‘put my image on that other image for whatever the fuck reason’
giphy.gif

You and me brother. I love video games just as much and I am team PlayStation but putting pictures on "hype train" is just idiocy.
It's just harmless fun, especially now E3 is no more.

Can't really see how someone could be triggered by this on a damn videogames Forum..

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned

Depends on the reason.

- Some are genuinely super excited and hyped
- Some actually don't give a shit and just want to fool around a little bit
- Some want to trigger other fanboys by overhyping

Where are you getting this from? A window is a flat 2D surface why on earth would it be comprised of 10 million polys? It's time to cite your source because you've been spouting this nonsense for too long unchecked.

What are you talking about? All my posts towards you have been full of indisputable evidence while you just respond with memes. Which is just trolling.
I said 1 million triangles (not polygon) for some windows and sidewalk for example. You do know how the buildings in the matrix demo are architecture right? Maybe you should open up the matrix demo and look for yourself.

Building_04_1920x1080-78f7543f139d45653d9accfc69183306

And what will you say in 5 days? All of this sounds like your attempt to preemptively downplay what will be shown next week. It doesn't have to be like this Static. There is a better way. Go grab a PS5 from your neighborhood Best buy etc. and you too can indulge in the greatness.
In 4 days, I'm gonna judge S2 based on what it actually looks like not based on some fandom viewpoint that is clouding my judgement. Plus I also know the difference between art and geometry complexity unlike you. The Matrix demo might be a barren, undecorated place with no art direction. But it will always have more geometry density than any game out there. Unless you're telling me that each building in S2 will have up to 100 million triangles and use only 4k textures?

I have a PS4 Pro and have been able to play almost everything, so i'm good.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
What are you talking about? All my posts towards you have been full of indisputable evidence while you just respond with memes. Which is just trolling.
I said 1 million triangles (not polygon) for some windows and sidewalk for example. You do know how the buildings in the matrix demo are architecture right? Maybe you should open up the matrix demo and look for yourself.

XABwfYL.jpg

I have a PS4 Pro and have been able to play almost everything, so i'm good.

Shannyn Sossamon Cringe GIF

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Not all polygons are triangles.

Aha! There's the logical fallacy I was waiting for! Of course you know this was never suggested by me but I sympathize with your piss poor attempt to save face. I'm proud to have been the one to teach you that a triangle is (and always will be - remember that) a polygon. However your grade school district needs to be investigated ASAP.

Fishake

Neo Member
My bet is that we will see some new Games, but i have realistic expectations.

- Spiderman 2 Gameplay
- Wolverine trailer
- TLOU Factions reveal
- Pragmata Gameplay
- Silent Hill 2 gameplay or trailer
- Death Stranding 2 gameplay
- MGS reveal
- Rise of the Ronin gameplay
- Helldivers 2 oficial reveal
- Final fantasy 7 rebirth

And posible surprises:
- Cory’s new Game reveal
- ND new IP or a new Uncharted
- Bend studio Game reveal
- BluePoint Game reveal
- A reveal for GTA 6

My bet is that we will see some new Games, but i have realistic expectations.

- Spiderman 2 Gameplay
- Wolverine trailer
- TLOU Factions reveal
- Pragmata Gameplay
- Silent Hill 2 gameplay or trailer
- Death Stranding 2 gameplay
- MGS reveal
- Rise of the Ronin gameplay
- Helldivers 2 oficial reveal
- Final fantasy 7 rebirth

And posible surprises:
- Cory’s new Game reveal
- ND new IP or a new Uncharted
- Bend studio Game reveal
- BluePoint Game reveal
- A reveal for GTA 6
I have a feeling that they are going to shadow drop Silent Hill: The Short Message after the show.

Interviews to Neil Druckmann as well as job listings from the Naughty Dog website seem to suggest that the game will consist of a two-players co-op campaign of sorts, plus the classic team-based competitive modes from the original The Last Of Us multiplayer. Additionally, there's going to be an open-world/large map of San Francisco, that could be for either the "co-op campaign", a PvPvE extraction mode or a battle-royale - or all of them. The concept of you running a settlement of survivors is also expected to make a return from the first Factions, but now likely in the form of a Destiny/The Division-style customizable hub.
Interesting. I just hope Druckmann isn't writing the damn thing because (1) I finally played TLOU2 this year and it was about as bad as many people said and (2) he neutered the HBO series.

Markio128

I doubt that there will be any major shadow drop before FF16 release - maybe a demo or two could drop, FF16 being one of them. I’m placing my bet on a Beat Sabre drop though. It’s been noticeably quiet on that front.

Killer8

I swear to god if Kojima makes a VR exclusive for the Apple headset and not my PSVR2 i'm gonna choke a bitch. Kojima has always been an Apple fan (iPod in MGS4 anyone?) and would surely jump at the opportunity to work with them.

Duchess

Okay, a nice surprise for me would be a sequel to Returnal, except the game drops the roguelike style, and switches to being a metrovania. Still happy for it to be tough.

99.9999999% unlikely to happen, since Housemarque have never made a sequel, and it might stray a bit too close to being Sony's answer to Metroid.

Duchess

A few other things I'd love to see:

* A new Astro Bot game (without PSVR2)
* Little Devil Inside, with a release date
* Some new about Knights of the Old Republic
* Something new from Bend Studios, be it a reboot of Syphon Filter, a new IP, or game set in the Days Gone universe
* Info on that alleged Naughty Dog fantasy game
* Info on that alleged sci-fi game
* Something from Bungie
* A reboot of Killzone, sticking to its dark future roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom