• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Mario

It should be noted that their September 2021 Showcase was only around 40-45 minutes. This time it will be over 1 hour long, so they will have lots of stuff to show.
Tune in next Thursday, September 9 at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 9:00pm BST / 10:00pm CEST for a look into the future of PS5. The Showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes and include updates from PlayStation Studios and some of the industry’s most imaginative developers, for games releasing this holiday and beyond. And stick around after the presentation to get more updates from some of the studio teams featured in the Showcase.

Draugoth

Gold Member
a25c07773321dbdce05a148ae752df1eeecb3bb74ff3dc038f8d03cb22bd68d1.jpg

splattered

Sony feeling very confident with the wrenches they've thrown in Microsoft's plans ... haha I very much expect Sony to come out swinging and knock this shit out of the park while Microsoft is still playing 3rd place victim and their show is gonna be a big disappointment. Can't wait to see MGS etc!

zapper

I ask for those more informed about Japanese games, excluding square and kojima, is there any chance to see fumito ueda's new game (gendesigns) and something from team persona/atlus (p6, project re fantasy)?

Last edited:

saintjules

So we have Grubb hitting on point and bill-bil kun hitting the target here 🧠

"a bit over an hour". More than I expected
mX9MacQ.gif

Since the last one was in 2021, I was expecting an hour plus for sure. Ahhh, they're going to go Battousai on this one.

Should be interesting with a good amount of new stuff showing. So many 1st party studios have been working for years on stuff that wasent anouced yet. Would like to see what new IPs Druckmann and Cory are working on.

Would be cool to see ND talk about 2 projects here. The Factions one for sure I feel and maybe a teaser trailer of a new IP if we're lucky.

As for myself, I'm expecting to see FFVII Rebirth here.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: K2D

Zheph

I ask for those more informed about Japanese games, excluding square and kojima, is there any chance to see the new game by fumito ueda (gendesigns) and something from the atlus team persona (p6 project re fantasy)?
I wouldn't expect anything from Atlus but why not for the new Ueda indeed

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
  • Sackboy (platformer)
  • Astrobot (platformer)
  • Gran Turismo (car simulation)
  • Destruction All Stars (vehicle combat)
  • Returnal (rogue-like 3D bullet hell)
  • Predators Hunting Ground (asymmetrical multiplayer)
  • Firewall (VR FPS)
Expand your horizons.

They are working on plenty of other games: first-person shooters, online multiplayer, car combat, co-op shooters, etc.

I don't think you understand what first party means.

Destruction All Stars, Predators, and Firewall are not first party designed games. Unless I missed something and these studios were bought by Sony.

Sackboy I will admit, I completely forgot existed. It was so bland, uninspired, and boring that even after 100%ing the game, I couldn't remember a single thing about it. Returnal is a third person action adventure game. GT7 is the 4th worst game in the franchise. Just barely ahead of Sport, 5, and 6.

Astrobot? Still the single best first party exclusive on the PS5. An amazing experience, but only lasts 1.5 hours. I want more.

Meanwhile we have had God of War 2018, Ragnarok, Uncharted 4, TLOu1, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon, HOrizon 2, etc. All exactly as I described. It becomes tedious and boring, especially with how every subsequent release adds more and more bloat to the runtime of these games.

Also I am well aware they are working on GAAS titles. All GAAS titles are cancer so who gives a shit?

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Stuff Showing Up:

• Metal Gear Remake/Remastered (Heavily Teased)
  • Mortal Kombat One (Confirmed)
  • Spider Man 2 (November Release Date)
  • Sillent Hill 2 (2023 Release Date)

Stuff that might show up:

• Demon Souls for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Castlevania
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of Ronin

Wishful Thinking:

• Killzone Remake
  • Bloodborne 2/Remastered
  • GTA 6
  • Shadows of the Erdtree
I'm pretty sure Factions will be shown, didn't NG say more to come in 2023? Seems like a good time to do it, shit's been a cooker for a while now.

Mr.Phoenix

It will be a 6/10 show like all other showcases with 3-4 exciting game announcements.

I hope they have tried to differentiate their first party releases. Very tired of the same "cinematic-focused" bloated third person action adventure titles they have been doing for 10 years now. However, this *is* a Playstation Showcase, and much like their version of directs - usually suck and offer very little of any value or interest.
This has gotta be some sort of record... we are starting before the show even begins.

MiguelItUp

Hoping for the best! But I'm hyped regardless! It'll be kicking off one of my favorite times of year! Bring on all the new game reveals, and please for the love of god let us see some cool ones by the time all the shows are done.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This has gotta be some sort of record... we are starting before the show even begins.

It is almost as if some of us are tired of seeing the same styles of games! I was critical of Xbox for years of doing nothing but Halo/Gears/Forza and I was tired of Nintendo for years for focusing primarily on 2D Platformers. Diversity in game design is great for the consumer and for the developers.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't think you understand what first party means.

Destruction All Stars, Predators, and Firewall are not first party designed games. Unless I missed something and these studios were bought by Sony.

Sackboy I will admit, I completely forgot existed. It was so bland, uninspired, and boring that even after 100%ing the game, I couldn't remember a single thing about it. Returnal is a third person action adventure game. GT7 is the 4th worst game in the franchise. Just barely ahead of Sport, 5, and 6.

Astrobot? Still the single best first party exclusive on the PS5. An amazing experience, but only lasts 1.5 hours. I want more.

Meanwhile we have had God of War 2018, Ragnarok, Uncharted 4, TLOu1, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon, HOrizon 2, etc. All exactly as I described. It becomes tedious and boring, especially with how every subsequent release adds more and more bloat to the runtime of these games.

Also I am well aware they are working on GAAS titles. All GAAS titles are cancer so who gives a shit?
All PlayStation Studios games are first-party games because xDev also works on those games.

Moonjt9

Metal gear solid remake. Come on boys, come ON.

Going to be exciting to watch this one. Sony has been pretty radio silent for awhile.

• Strength
Reactions: K2D
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom