• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

RafterXL

On the PS store under the VR2 category NMS is already a listing to purchase. Mine already says purchased because I have it.

Guys with the PS app on your mobile just check out the store. Already has a VR2 section and games.
Yeah, it's been listed there for a while, but we still don't know if the PSVR2 patch will be available at launch or a little later. That's why the tweet is interesting because it seems like it's imminent.

Crayon

I could use a set of off-ear headphones. Hopefully someone comes up with some nice ones. Most the ones I see online look messy. I like to be able to talk to someone else while I play, and earbuds do not work for that. I've played with only on in and I've played seated with the regular sound system. The off-ears are the obvious solution here.

Anyone from UK had dispatch confirmation? Not had mine yet it does say preparing to ship
Not yet, still says preparing to ship like yours. I imagine it will either dispatch later this afternoon or tomorrow morning for Wednesday delivery. Kind of happy to wait until Wednesday as I don’t think any of the games drop until then from what I’ve seen.

Still waiting for Pavlov to get a price. Game releases in 2 days and I’ve no idea how much it’s going to cost lol.

PanzerCute

Not yet, still says preparing to ship like yours. I imagine it will either dispatch later this afternoon or tomorrow morning for Wednesday delivery. Kind of happy to wait until Wednesday as I don’t think any of the games drop until then from what I’ve seen.

Still waiting for Pavlov to get a price. Game releases in 2 days and I’ve no idea how much it’s going to cost lol.
Some people got their Horizon Bundle yesterday and the game can be unlocked directly when using the download code.

The last few weeks has been a crapshoot on the store. Some announced games not showing, others without prices. Just generally terrible.

SilentUser

Huh. I never paid much attention to this Behemoth game because it just had a cinematic trailer. But I just learned it's from the walking dead guys. idk how I missed this. I'm looking at this trailer in a new light now.

Oh yeah, despite just having a cinematic trailer, I know it will be a nice game considering they made one of the best VR titles available.

engstra

The PSVR 1 thread has been one of the best threads on the forum since I joined so I'm looking forward to seeing people's enthusiasm for the new headset. I'm getting really tempted to buy the headset but at the same time can't really justify the purchase. Gonna wait for a couple of killer apps before taking the plunge.

Gamerguy84

My order's tracking number for UPS still gives an error that it doesn't exist. Shipping confirmation email said 22nd as estimated delivery. Hoping I at least get this week as I'll be busy this entire weekend.
Same exact thing.

I was hoping to see it change if it's to get here by Wednesday. Starting to have doubts.

Same exact thing.

I was hoping to see it change if it's to get here by Wednesday. Starting to have doubts.

lenolupqwcja1.jpg

Delt31

Surprised to hear shipment movements on Presidents Day but just realized UPS is open today. No movement on my end yet. I'm on the east cost.

Still trying to determine if Jurassic Park is a launch title or not. I was told it was...

Markio128

I get the horrible feeling that I‘m not going to receive mine on Wednesday. Instead, I’ll be spending the day reading how awesome it is for everyone else who did.
Sam Fender Brits GIF by BRIT Awards

R6Rider

Gold Member
Surprised to hear shipment movements on Presidents Day but just realized UPS is open today. No movement on my end yet. I'm on the east cost.

Still trying to determine if Jurassic Park is a launch title or not. I was told it was...
I don't think it is a launch day game. PS Store says no release date available yet.

Dream-Knife

Banned

Synless

Mine is still awaiting pickup, I’m pretty annoyed about it.

Edit* didn’t catch the overnight shipping speed, less annoyed

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mine still says there's just a label made, but the estimated delivery is release day... guess we'll see. Feeling a bit nervous now lol.

I'll be keeping an eye on this as a possible upgrade for the Reverb G2, once you get used to 2160p per eye its tough to go back :messenger_grinning_sweat: I don't get all the reviewers whinging about price, you get a bleeding edge headset for the same price as a brand new G2 that's several years old now in VR tech. Google cardboard must be spoiling folk.

Freeman76

The last few weeks has been a crapshoot on the store. Some announced games not showing, others without prices. Just generally terrible.

Yeah its a nightmare dealing with Sony at times. I preordered this ages ago and now I've seen the release line up I decided I can wait a few months at least, but cancelling the preorder is impossible there is no option anywhere even though they havent taken my money. I'll have to delete my payment method and let the order fail lol

Evolved1

Do we have a gaf PSVR2 meet up thread? I'm not really into MP much these days, but I have plans to get into some co-op and mp on vr2 and this particular crowd seems like enthusiast, knowledgeable, not annoying dipshits....

R6Rider

Gold Member
Do we have a gaf PSVR2 meet up thread? I'm not really into MP much these days, but I have plans to get into some co-op and mp on vr2 and this particular crowd seems like enthusiast, knowledgeable, not annoying dipshits....
Meet up thread would be a cool idea.

I follow PSVR Without Parole on YT and they have a great community with meetups and such done through their own Discord. Worth giving that a shot too.

Are there any reviews out for Kayak VR and Demeo? (psvr2 versions)
There are some reviews out.

https://www.psu.com/reviews/kayak-vr-mirage-review-psvr2/

Should be the same if not better Thant he PCVR version which has great reviews.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Meet up thread would be a cool idea.

I follow PSVR Without Parole on YT and they have a great community with meetups and such done through their own Discord. Worth giving that a shot too.
Yeah, I watch some of their stuff. Unfortunately until Sony fully embraces and implements Discord, that's kind of a barrier of entry for me.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Excited, games have been wearing thin on me, outside of classics. Only tried gear vr...should be a great experiment.

Let's hope i don't get sick. I actually got sick from my TV, but found it was due to head bob in FPS. I get sick riding in cars, but its because im not behind the wheel and can't predict movements. Pray for me.
Here are a few tips from me, as someone who had awful motion sickness ever since I was a kid, and my first time trying to play anything in VR either made me wanna violently vomit or at best I was just having a cold sweat and felt exhausted and sleepy after a short while. But now, less than a year later and I'm playing games in full mobility without getting any negative side effects of motion sickness whatsoever. The only thing that still sometimes gets me is when the camera turns sideways independently of head tracking, but I think that's pretty normal because it's basically the same effect as riding a merry-go-round.

Point is, you'll get used to it eventually. You just have to ease yourself into it gradually. In the beginning, I would recommend playing stationary games, where you don't have to move around too much, and if you have to then use the teleportation method of locomotion + always remember to turn on tunneling/vignetting for smooth camera motions. This will narrow down your field of vision and make the camera motion more bearable. After a while, you can even keep trying to reduce the amount of vignetting and see how you're gonna be taking it. There are also a few games that were much easier to bear for me, and they're likely a huge contributor to why I got used to VR over time because I could keep playing them for hours on end. Sadly none of them are available for PSVR 2 at launch but there's a chance that you'll find a game that will be easier for you to play so just stick with it and after a while, others will become easier to play too.

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

Around 3:33 for GT7 gameplay

I'm going to get lost looking at cars in the showroom.

This is simply amazing to me, the fidelity of the headset combined with the incredible graphical detail in GT7, may, possibly be another Mario 64 moment in my life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom