• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Will SaS1 be an update, or a whole new file to download?

Edit: what I meant to ask is whether the PSVR2 version is a separate sku...

Last edited:

SilentUser

Wish I had more time to play! Adult life is a pain lol! Still have to finish Demeo with my friends (we just played a little bit) and I simply love the game and the whole experience :) tomorrow TWD will be out and that's another game I'm eager to play. Plus, almost didn't play Village in the last few days. I need more free time to play all the things I want, and they are all PSVR2 games 😅

Granty666uk

ts a separate game sitting at about 16gig. Just played it for about a hour. Much fun and a lot nicer looking that the quest 2 version.

Evolved1

Okay... I own the tourist edition, but how do I play this on PSVR2? I don't see a PS5 download anywhere on the store.

Wish I had more time to play! Adult life is a pain lol! Still have to finish Demeo with my friends (we just played a little bit) and I simply love the game and the whole experience :) tomorrow TWD will be out and that's another game I'm eager to play. Plus, almost didn't play Village in the last few days. I need more free time to play all the things I want, and they are all PSVR2 games 😅
Only if the day had more hours... 😅

Evolved1

Do you have to buy Part 2 to get access to the original? I'm so confused.

This is honestly pretty aggravating. I own the tourist edition, and I pre-ordered Retribution... could they make this any more annoying?

Last edited:

Evolved1

No, I bought the bundle and they are two separate downloads
I didn't buy the bundle because I already owned the version that supposed to get a free upgrade. I just bought the regular version of part 2. Idk, I'm confused. This is dumb.

Pelao

Sony usually sucks with everything related to upgrades and free unlocks. Saints & Sinners 1 probably won't be available to people upgrading until the game is already released and unlocked for everyone who pre-ordered. And even then, there is always the possibility that the upgrade will take a while to show up on the store. There have been many cases where the upgrade is not available until well into the day. I'd be very happy if this time it was different because boy am I excited to play it.

Evolved1

Sony usually sucks with everything related to upgrades and free unlocks. Saints & Sinners 1 probably won't be available to people upgrading until the game is already released and unlocked for everyone who pre-ordered. And even then, there is always the possibility that the upgrade will take a while to show up on the store. There have been many cases where the upgrade is not available until well into the day. I'd be very happy if this time it was different because boy am I excited to play it.
That's so aggravating.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
There is presently no way to update the PS4 version of Saints and Sinners. Seems like a cheap ploy to bait people to buy the deluxe version.

Evolved1

There is presently no way to update the PS4 version of Saints and Sinners. Seems like a cheap ploy to bait people to buy the deluxe version.
Maybe I'm just too annoyed from wasting so much time on this tonight... but I'm kind of thinking the same. I'm petty enough that I'm tempted to refund Chapter 2 out of spite. They have a twitter... this process could've been clarified. Or Idk they could respond in one of the reddit threads where people are clearly confused about this.

Last edited:
Just fired up Saints and Sinners 1 (never played it before) and HOLY SHIT this is the best VR game I’ve played so far.

It doesn’t have the detail of Horizon or RE8 but this is by far the CLEAREST, SMOOTHEST game I’ve played so far that is super high rez. It’s also allowed me to play full locomotion without any issues of mild dizziness.

It’s absolutely stunning! I think most VR games should go a little lighter on fidelity just to have such a crisp and smooth image. You can look way out into the distance with no blurryness at all.

And the game is VR AF!!! Seriously meaty experience here with tons of cool things to upgrade and experiment with. The controls are absolutely sublime. The text on all the menus is razor sharp and in focus. The lighting is superb and the darks are inky black. It’s one of the few games that has felt “comfortable” to chill in for lack of a better word, since everything is meticulously designed for a pleasant VR experience, and the clarity of everything makes a massive difference compared to other games I’ve played.

Dunno how it compares on other platforms but I’m blown away here. This is a MUST HAVE experience for anyone with PSVR2. Seriously impressed and shows the true potential of VR.

Last edited:

drezz

S&SC2:R downloaded and playable... but Chapter 1 is not... bought the tourist editon upgrade and redownloaded it. Still nada.

Always such a mess with VR releases on PSN.
Last time it was Pavlov getting delayed for HALF of EU for no reason and now this.

Taddypole

Neo Member
S&SC2:R downloaded and playable... but Chapter 1 is not... bought the tourist editon upgrade and redownloaded it. Still nada.

Last time it was Pavlov getting delayed for HALF of EU for no reason and now this.
Chapter 1 is a separate download

scydrex

Same here. Had the plus version and brought the tourist upgrade and nothing. Don't see a ps5 or psvr2 version. The ps4 version updated and that's it.

Mikey Jr.

Just fired up Saints and Sinners 1 (never played it before) and HOLY SHIT this is the best VR game I’ve played so far.

It doesn’t have the detail of Horizon or RE8 but this is by far the CLEAREST, SMOOTHEST game I’ve played so far that is super high rez. It’s also allowed me to play full locomotion without any issues of mild dizziness.

It’s absolutely stunning! I think most VR games should go a little lighter on fidelity just to have such a crisp and smooth image. You can look way out into the distance with no blurryness at all.

And the game is VR AF!!! Seriously meaty experience here with tons of cool things to upgrade and experiment with. The controls are absolutely sublime. The text on all the menus is razor sharp and in focus. The lighting is superb and the darks are inky black. It’s one of the few games that has felt “comfortable” to chill in for lack of a better word, since everything is meticulously designed for a pleasant VR experience, and the clarity of everything makes a massive difference compared to other games I’ve played.

Dunno how it compares on other platforms but I’m blown away here. This is a MUST HAVE experience for anyone with PSVR2. Seriously impressed and shows the true potential of VR.
Damn. Sounds good.

I'm a puss with horror games though. I hate them.

How is this for horror? Like, I'll never play re8 in my life.

consoul

The wait for The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners 1 is killing me. I have S&S2 but I won't play it til I finish 1 on PSVR2.

After all the official comms saying it'll be available to buy or upgrade on March 21st, it's now March 23rd where I am and it's nowhere to be found.

confused john travolta GIF

Got my S&S1 Complete Edition PS4 disc in the drive and waiting for the upgrade to pop...

scydrex

The wait for The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners 1 is killing me. I have S&S2 but I won't play it til I finish 1 on PSVR2.

After all the official comms saying it'll be available to buy or upgrade on March 21st, it's now March 23rd where I am and it's nowhere to be found.

confused john travolta GIF

Got my S&S1 Complete Edition PS4 disc in the drive and waiting for the upgrade to pop...
I replied the devs on Twitter telling them that. Why is not available yet? I thought the chapter 1 upgrade or psvr2 version would be available today.

Mahavastu

Most likely a separate SKU.
For PSVR1 the game must be a native PS4 app, for PSVR2 it must be a native PS5 app.

I remember that those who wanted to play Hitman3 in VR had to have both version installed, the PS4 for PSVR and the PS5 for normal flat screen play.

SilentUser

Damn thats absolutely awesome to hear! I'm officially hyped to the maximum. Every dev should take this approach and make their games at least the native res. Plus 90hz, imo, is enough as it is incredibly smooth and it doesn't make me feel sick at all. I can't actually perceive the gains of 120hz and I'm very annoying when it comes to this type of stuff, so I honestly feel like 120hz (native) is actually a waste.
Can't wait to finally go home and take some short but sweet time playing TWD.

Last edited:

Awesome! I'm waiting for my hons lens to arrive before I start playing more but already bought SS 1&2! I played a bit on pc with the Rift S long time ago, it must look great on the psvr 2 :)

Evolved1

It's interesting you say this because I've always thought a lot of motion sickness related to VR was actually caused by poor performance and blurriness... the innate jank of indie or non-AAA games. Devs try all these things like teleport and vignettes, when in reality it's like... hey just have your game not look / run like shit and most people won't get sick. "Smooth turning" in most games is anything but. It's blurry, stuttering jank when you turn. Or weird momentum and acceleration when you move. No wonder people feel gross until they build a tolerance.

Anyway, enough of my rant, just saying.

Last edited:

keefged4

What an actual pain in the ass it was to get TWD s&s ep1 on PS5, for those still struggling you can only "purchase" the free update if you have the ps4 version either bought or via ps plus if you buy the tourist upgrade dlc. Once you've done that you can then download the PS5 version for free.

scydrex

What an actual pain in the ass it was to get TWD s&s ep1 on PS5, for those still struggling you can only "purchase" the free update if you have the ps4 version either bought or via ps plus if you buy the tourist upgrade dlc. Once you've done that you can then download the PS5 version for free.
Do you need to have installed the ps4 version? With the tourist upgrade?

Last edited:

aclar00

Where is my boxing game? Im talking BoxVr or Thrill of the fight, not so much Creed.

I was hoping for an upgrade for that, but dont think it's coming. That studio has a nrw game, FitXR which they mentioned about 2 years ago they may start development on PSVR 2, but been no word yet.

I actually ended up download Les Mills Body Combat. Though i played for only about 15 min, plays just like BoxVr with a few added movements.

Bullitus

What do I need to buy to actually get Saints & Sinners 1? I can see one for 9,95€ (Tourist edition) and one for 39,95€. There also was a bundle but that has disappeared now. God I hate the PS Store sometimes…

R6Rider

Gold Member
Okay, so I bought the Tourist Edition upgrade for the PS4 version and then after that the PS5 version of Saints & Sinners was available to add to my library. All done on my phone.

Tonight is going to be a fun time.

What do I need to buy to actually get Saints & Sinners 1? I can see one for 9,95€ (Tourist edition) and one for 39,95€. There also was a bundle but that has disappeared now. God I hate the PS Store sometimes…
Buy the upgrade for ~10, and then check for the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom