• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
UPDATE: Adding to the list of promo tweets for Trump properties/services during Harvey:

12.) Pouring foundations for a new clubhouse.

Today we moved 1-step closer to completing the #NewClubhouse at @TrumpFerryPoint! 350 tons of concrete has just been poured for the footings

13.) Advertisement for Trump National NY Golf Course

Our 7,291 yd course @TrumpNationalNY challenges all players beginning with the downhill par 4 on hole 1 to the tricky putting surface on 18.

The promo:donation ratio is still undefined.
Nobody cares about this. The people running those twitter accounts have jobs to do still, whether or not their boss the owner of their company is a huge piece of shit.

Mike M

Nick N
I can't keep up with all the oppo droppo cock teasing. The Manafort thing was not the nuclear thing PwnAllTheThings was expecting, but is one of two things dropping today? I'm so confused.

Is this the first time RNC has popped up in the collusiongate? Time to subpoena Rinse Preibus?

In major news yes.

There has been here and there, along the edges, suggestions/speculation that there has been Russian money going to the GOP, or GOP candidates at least, as an explainer for certain types of GOP pushback from investigations we've seen.

Is this the first time RNC has popped up in the collusiongate? Time to subpoena Rinse Preibus?

What a day that would be.

Wasn't there a story a while back about some Republican making a joke about the Russians paying the RNC and Paul Ryan said something to the effect of "hey this is off the record, he's not serious, we keep it in the family right?"

Yes. The audio was recorded and leaked to the press.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...1f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.6490b5e2ac64

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
The RNC getting roped into this feels huge, not only for the obvious political significance, but for the fact that it's ballooning the conspiracy beyond Trump's inner circle, meaning more people to screw it all up either accidentally or to save themselves, and most of these people probably don't like Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The RNC getting roped into this feels huge, not only for the obvious political significance, but for the fact that it's ballooning the conspiracy beyond Trump's inner circle, meaning more people to screw it all up either accidentally or to save themselves, and most of these people probably don't like Trump.

Yea, if the larger RNC is caught up in all this people are going to start flipping to save themselves. Trump may be willing to pardon people to keep them out of jail, but it'd doom the party for a generation or more if solid proof of collusion comes out and the people who did it are still in charge of the party.

studyguy

WH presser going on right now looking fucking grim for immigrants affected by the storm.
Real fucking grim. ICE won't be there once you show up to the shelter, but it sounds like they're definitely going on whoever shakes out of a shelter immediately once this is all cleared up.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Yea, if the larger RNC is caught up in all this people are going to start flipping to save themselves. Trump may be willing to pardon people to keep them out of jail, but it'd doom the party for a generation or more if solid proof of collusion comes out and the people who did it are still in charge of the party.
Someone in the Mueller thread posted a link that a bunch of RNC people have jumped ship in the last month too. 🤔

Nobody cares about this. The people running those twitter accounts have jobs to do still, whether or not their boss the owner of their company is a huge piece of shit.

The point is that Donald Trump has these promos on his Twitter feed, so he has little plausible deniability for knowing about them. I will refrain from making any more posts about it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The point is that Donald Trump has these promos on his Twitter feed, so he has little plausible deniability for knowing about them. I will refrain from making any more posts about it.
I mean, post about whatever you want, im not the post police. I'm just saying I can see how most people are not going to get outraged by this.
Also I doubt he reads any tweets that doesn't @ mention him. he won't read daily briefings that don't mention him frequently, why would he read tweets that don't?

How do I move forward and not consider any Republican a possible monster? I don't want to even know what party my coworkers or friends belong to because I'll just assume they support horrible vile people.

WH presser going on right now looking fucking grim for immigrants affected by the storm.
Real fucking grim. ICE won't be there once you show up to the shelter, but it sounds like they're definitely going on whoever shakes out of a shelter immediately once this is all cleared up.

Yea, I'm sure that's going to go over real well

29/63 by the end of September at this rate. I don't think we've seen the floor yet.

dramatis

I don't think his administration is really thinking this through. Harvey is already an economic hurdle, if DACA ends that's not actually going to help the economy considering people became 'DACA people' because they wanted to work. Do they think subtracting those 800k dreamers will jump boost the economy?

I dont haventh slightest clue of what would happen if the entire republican party were taking money from
Russia..

Do you wag your finger at them and tell them not to do it again or do you file charges? What if they wont come quietly? This is crazy

I mean, post about whatever you want, im not the post police. I'm just saying I can see how most people are not going to get outraged by this.
Also I doubt he reads any tweets that doesn't @ mention him. he won't read daily briefings that don't mention him frequently, why would he read tweets that don't?

Because he only follows 45 people. You're probably right, though.

studyguy

Mueller fucking mentored Comey, that move takes some chutzpah

Another confirmation from Trump's lawyers that they'll have to defend him against obstruction of justice.
The arguments tho lmao

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/903340521371860994
Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1)
WSJ: One memo calls Comey "prone to exaggeration, unreliable in congressional testimony and the source of leaks to the news media." https://t.co/pZyCFwnLbq

LISTEN GUYS, THE FORMER HEAD OF THE FBI IS A TOTAL BULLSHITTER, WHO ARE YOU GONNA BELEIVE, A STRAIGHT LACED BORING NERD OR FUCKING MAGA!?

Random Human

I dont haventh slightest clue of what would happen if the entire republican party were taking money from
Russia..

Do you wag your finger at them and tell them not to do it again or do you file charges? What if they wont come quietly? This is crazy
You would arrest people responsible for the decision. I don't think the whole party itself would or could be implicated, although obviously the OPTICS would impact the entire GOP.

I just don't see how anyone could even possibly defend this. And yet, many people will. Sickening.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You would arrest people responsible for the decision. I don't think the whole party itself would or could be implicated, although obviously the OPTICS would impact the entire GOP.

I mean, anyone involved would be swept up in it. If the RNC was funneling Russian money around to different campaigns I have a hard time believing guys like Ryan and McConnell didn't know, let alone the guys involved in those campaigns.

Ernest

Banned
If my understanding of donations from foreign sources is correct, the only consequences are that a fine is paid.

No "boom". Just more ado about nothing. Again. sigh

If my understanding of donations from foreign sources is correct, the only consequences are that a fine is paid.

No "boom". Just more ado about nothing. Again. sigh

It's not nothing that the President of the United States has defense lawyers actively working on strategy for explaining why his actions aren't obstruction of justice.

Surfinn

It's not nothing that the President of the United States has defense lawyers actively working on strategy for explaining why his actions aren't obstruction of justice.

Definitely not nothing, but preparing a defense isn't necessarily a revelation. We've known Trump has been under investigation for obstruction for some time, now. It makes sense his lawyers are preparing to protect him and do their jobs.

Random Human

I'm probably getting my many oppo drops mixed up, but haven't we basically know that for months?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
The people chastising Wittes for his teasing are suddenly prophets.

I assume he has some knowledge of what is happening. Since he been doing this since the Comey e-mails and everyone assumed it was him who leaked them out.

Even though it wasn't but another friend of theirs.

My prediction is that this will lead to the revelation of a deal between Reagan and the USSR where the USSR will dissolve if they get to control the Republican part for the next few generations.

Even a plurality of Republicans support citizenship for Dreamers? Hope for this country yet.

The way the talk about flood relief and immigration issues was discussed in this press briefing left much to be desired in terms of "are they going to deport everyone who seeks help?" They used the 'deport those who committed a crime' thing again but only went so far as to say that those seeking permanent residency shouldn't shy from applying for aid. The extremely lengthy answer to how they'll get funding for this all was worrisome, where the correct answer is "we'll get it."

Blader

Already trotting out their "if the president does it, it's not illegal" defense? These Nixon parallels are getting a little too on the nose

My prediction is that this will lead to the revelation of a deal between Reagan and the USSR where the USSR will dissolve if they get to control the Republican part for the next few generations.

Lincoln actually worked with Alexander II to ensure his second term win, to not disrupt the Civil War effort.

This rabbit hole goes very deep!

Not really

Blader

I'm worried about this ever going to SCOTUS, because this "the president can fire whomever he wants, whenever, for any reason, and therefore can't obstruct justice" seems like the perfectly bullshit defense that Roberts, Gorsuch, Thomas, and Alito would back just fine.

Speed running towards that high 20s approval

dreamers-2.png
I think the problem is that Trump will drag a lot of people with him.

There are a lot of republicans I think that support DACA, but would defend/support Trump's actions if he trashed it. Because if Trump did it there must have been a good reason for it therefore it's ok

I think the problem is that Trump will drag a lot of people with him.

There are a lot of republicans I think that support DACA, but would defend/support Trump's actions if he trashed it. Because if Trump did it there must have been a good reason for it therefore it's ok

Republicans are a lost cause, it's the independents to watch.

This is also more stuff on the pile to motivate Democrats to vote and demotivate Republicans

Ernest

Banned
So you're saying that Trump did something illegal, immoral, against policy? That's the boom?

Just throw it on the list of other illegal, immoral, against policy things he has done (some much worse than this).
This is just another day that ends in "y" in Trump's America. For anyone else it would be a huge deal. With Trump... oh well.

studyguy

I mean when your floor and your ceiling for approvals are one in the same and it keeps dropping steadily over months at a time, it stands to reason that a number of people probably give a shit. It's silly to say this is water off his back any longer. We have data to back he's actively getting slowly squeezed month over month.

I mean when your floor and your ceiling for approvals are one in the same and it keeps dropping at a steady fashion over months at a time, it stands to reason that a number of people probably give a shit. It's silly to say this is water off his back any longer. We have data to back he's actively getting slowly squeezed month over month.

On the other hand Teflon Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom