• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post PICTURES of your COLLECTION and SETUP (56k says "good god make it stop")

BuddyC

Go ahead and make 'em high res, that way we can see all the tiny details :)

coll.jpg

^missing Metroid Prime, as my brother is borrowing it.

setup.jpg

BuddyC

home (for the summer)

i just took it yesterday, and already i've got two more games :(

you can't see my 2600 games, or my massive collection of accessories (Maracas, Dance Pad, SB, Keyboard, Mouse, etc.) some NES boxes are missing too, as they wouldn't fit on the shelf.

B'z-chan

Banned
Visualize with me here. I know you can almost feel like your in my room now cant you. You see the crappy 19inch phillips tv, now look beyond you will see my 500 watt 5.1 (tuned up to 12.1, yes thats 12 speakers bitches) now look below it you'll see my DVD player, Digital Cable box, and Sony 300 disc Mega Storage Jukebox. Oh wait but on both sides are two 300 watt total Loudspeakers, just over 3 feet high with a 18inch bass, 12 mid and 8 inch tweeter ah the beauty. ON top of the Right speaker is my Xbox. on top of the left is my DC and N64.

Now look to the right of the homesystem you will see the computer In all its glory. A ying yang black cube computer case (open for repairs), with a beautiful E90fb from Viewsonic in the back right corner of my room. Surrounding my computer area i have a 500 watt Logitech 4.1 surround system for those times where you really want to be surounded by THX sound from the computer.

Now to the left i keep all my games. All of my games are in perfect condition. And i dont accept second rate. Its gotta have instructions and its gotta have the orginal box. If it doesnt screw me buying it.

Currently i only have Xbox and GC games in my main collection. I have put away all of my other games to clean up the room a little.

Oh and i sleep with my black gamecube, na just messing its sitting tight on top of my reciever. I've fit a lot into a tight 10 feet by 14 space of a room. Including a water bed.

That was fun and you did it all in your mind man.

EDIT: Super Star wars man thats what it is

Bebpo

Banned
Not the best picture, it's a few weeks old and various stuff is hidden:

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

All my GBA games are just thrown in a desk drawer and I don't think that makes too good of a picture so I skipped that :p

Finally here is a recent up-to-date shot I just took that gives a general idea of how everything fits together (except for a game/dvd cabinet which is on the left wall)

room6a.jpg

My 10 million model PS that i won in a competition
10_million_modell.jpg

some GC games
2GC_6games.jpg

some more
tvspel.jpg

I got Shit loads of more games at home in sweden, but i only had space to take with me the most important games when i moveed abroad

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Cool, I've been waiting for one of these threads. It gives me an excuse to take pictures of all my stuff in case our house burns down.

And, before anyone asks, yes, I do live in my parents' basement.

That said, here's my little corner of perfection in a world of chaos...

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

s8.jpg

I would post pictures but i don't have a "setup" more like a console in bits in select rooms around my house with a liberal spreading of games in a similar fashion

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Don't really have the bandwidth for big high-res pictures, but here are a few snaps of the Shrine to Excessive Consumer Technology. Doesn't include any of the handheld stuff, older games, or any of the consoles connected to the widescreen TV or upstairs in the light gun room. :)

games1.jpg

Some of the games - there are more on another couple of bookcases

systems1.jpg

The projector and a few of the consoles, including one PS2 per region and some unused PSX/PSOnes - not to mention the Buckets o'Controllers

systems2.jpg

Sound and the systems hidden behind the sofa - one GC is US/JP switchable, the other is PAL, DC and SNES are both straight PAL

systems3.jpg

The rest of the systems - Jaguar, Megadrive, Atari 2600, XBox, Saturn, 3DO, N64 from top left to bottom right

screen1.jpg

Hoped to get some idea of the size of the screen from this, but there's nothing to compare it to really...

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Some of you guys are very messy. I keep all my old games and systems in boxes in the basement.

Id take a pic of my setup, but its nothing special. And I cant find my camera.

I can take 640x480 webcam pics though...

dark10x said:
What the hell? Super Mario Black & White? :p

Is that just a picture glitch or are you actually playing on a B&W TV (which would be odd considering that you own plenty of console stuff).

well i had some problems at that time with my modded scart, but it was ok later that day, dont worry, i finished the mario fame in color :)

Sai

:/ I would post pictures of my setup, if it was finished and all of my gaming stuff wasn't scattered around the house.

When it's finished though, it's going to look very nice... Maybe another thread like this will pop up when we're done working on it.

DCX

DCX
I would post mine, but the ex wife OWNED me...she got the 51 HDTV, half my games and DVDs...and my Sega Sports Black Dreamcast...the bitch!

DCX

Buggy Loop

I like videogames and all but, thats taking it a bit too far imo, way too messy rooms, any girls i would bring in my apartment would make a 180 and run away from seeing something like that. I just keep the current gen consoles, emulate all the ones under 32bit (since ps2 plays psx).

Wow, now I don't feel so bad about all of the shit I've got laying about.

DSCN0087.JPG

Here's an excerpt from my Saturn collection. Fighting games:

DSCN0089.JPG

Thanks guys, you've really put things into perspective for me. ^_^

I just need to clean up all the kibble laying about, and I'll have a nice looking pad.

Fularu

Banned
To name a few (Can't post pics)

1 Genesis 2 - Sega CD2 combo (US)
1 JVC X-Eye (US)
1 Master system 2 (Pal)
2 SNES (US)
1 White dc (US)
1 V-Saturn (Jap)
1 N64 (US)
1 PCengine Combo Unit (Core I + CD-Rom unit) + System Card 3 (need an AC Card :( ) (Jap)
1 PS2 (US)
2 Platinum GC (US)
1 Green xbox (US)
1 Platinum GBA SP (US)
1 GB Player (US)
1 Playstation (Pal)

In my games I have (to name a few)

MD/Genesis/Segacd stuff :

Shining Force CD (mint)
Lunar (Sega CD)
Dark Wizard (Sega CD)
Silpheed
Sonic CD
(some 20 odd other cds)
Shining Force (CIB) (Pal)
Shining Force 2 (CIB) (Pal)
sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic & Knuckles
Arrow Flash (CIB) (Jap)
Thunder Force 2 (CIB) US
Thunder Force 3 (CIB) US
Thunder Force 4 US
Musha Aleste (CIB) US
Mega turrican (CIB) Pal
Moonwalker
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Revenge of Shinobi (CIB) (PAL)
Shinobi, Return of the Ninja Master (Super Shinobi II) (CIB) Jap
Quackshot (CIB) Jap
Kid Chameleon (CIB) Pal
Toe Jam And Earl (CIB) Pal
Toe Jam and Earl Panik In Funkatron (CIB) Us
Gynoug (CIB) Jap
Splatter House 2
Chakan (CIB) Pal
some 30 odd carts (non sport ones)

SNES :

Terranigma (CIB) + Guide French
Secret of Evermore (CIB) US
Secret of Evermore (CIB) + Guide French
Illusion of Gaia (CIB) US
Illusion of Time (CIB) + Guide French
Final Fantasy V (CIB)
Final Fantasy VI
Dragon Quest I-II (CIB)
Dragon Quest V (CIB)
Far East of Eden Zero (CIB)
Breath of Fire (CIB) Us
Super Turrican
Super Turrican 2
Super Aleste
Metal Warriors
Cybernator
Skyblazer
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World
ChoMakaimura (CIB)
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island (CIB)
super Mario Collection (CIB) Jap
Y's III Wanderers from Y's (CIB) Jap
Axelay
Contra III
Soul Blazer
Out of This World
Flashback
Some 30 odd titles (non sports and good games but too lazy to write them down)

Sega Saturn:

I'll just name the very few noteworthy for their "Rareness"

Panzer Dragon Saga (CIB) Mint Pal
Shining Force III Sc1 (CIB) Mint Pal
Night Into Dreams with pad, Mint CIB Pal
60 or so games, most jap versions (The shining force trilogy for example or lots of fighting games)

Playstation:

Lunar (CIB) US
Lunar 2 (CIB) US
Dragon Valor
Dragon Warrior VII
Parasite Eve II
Saga Frontier II
Final Fantasy Origins
Final fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Anthology
Vandal Hearts
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Star Ocean The Second Story
The Granstream Saga
Others I'm too lazy to add :p

Playstation 2:

50 games including:

Time Crisis 3, Time Crisis 2, Ninja assault (All with guns)
Suiko 3, Xenosaga, La Pucelle, disgaea, R-Type Final, Legaia 2, Mark of Kry, Arc the Lad, Ace Combat 4, VF4 evo, BGDA, DC2 , skygunner, etc...

GameCube :

25 games including

FFCC, Zelda 4s, Zelda WW, Ikaruga, F-Zero, MKDD, PSO, VJ, ED, AC...

Xbox

Just 5 games so far (Bought it 1 month ago)

GBA:

My whole collection was stolen, so I just have the 5 remaining games that I bought in the last month:

Boktai, Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Advance Wars 2 and Iridion 2

I'll end it here, that's too much writing and nowhere to post pics.

On a side note, there's a Neo Geo with 3 carts, an Amiga 1200, an Atari 520 STF a gamegear and lots and lots and lots of originals lying in my parents place in france :p (Including Super Wildcards, Ufo's and all :p)

Belfast

Makes me feel bad about how much my collection has been waning in recent years. I trade in a lot, so my PS2 collection would probably be about 3-4 times as big as it is now. :| Bleh. I hate to do it, but sometimes its the only way I can afford new games.

atomsk

Party Pooper
ah, i love these threads...

lets see what ive got lying around

setup-low.jpg

mostrecent2.jpg

systems2.jpg

domo.jpg

dvds2.jpg

downstairs DDR setup

ddr.jpg

and just for kicks, here's what stuff looked like before i moved...

setup.jpg

setup2.jpg

tv.jpg

It's not exactly what I call up to date.... The lower PS2 has been replaced by a pal silver limited edition one, the green limited edition Xbox has been replaced by a crystal one. And under the 2 playstation 2 now there is a DD-Decoder.

setup.jpg

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
evil ways said:
+10 for FPD and VPW2 still on their respective consoles

This is why you are the fucking man nmed.

Heh, I was using both for moveset reference when I was creating guys in KOC. Trying to create a guy without a preset movelist is quite the task.

Error Macro said:
DUDE! I've had that exact same monitor for about 20 years now. I always used it with my Commodore 64. An NEC if I remember correctly.

What's cool is that I didn't have to pay for that at all. One Christmas, my cousin's husband brought his whole C64 setup as a gag gift for my uncle who had been wanting a new computer. He didn't want to haul it home just to throw it in the garbage so I inherited it.

Mike said:
Marry me.

"Mike wouldn't happen to be short for "Michelle", would it?

Buggy loop said:
I like videogames and all but, thats taking it a bit too far imo, way too messy rooms, any girls i would bring in my apartment would make a 180 and run away from seeing something like that.

Girls? What are those?

In all seriousness, video games are a large part of my life. I really wouldn't want to be with any girl who didn't share my love of them. Or, at least be able to tolerate my dorkiness.

Shompola

Banned
I think that is stains of water left when I cleaned the tv. They are not visible in person and the oval tv speakers aren't visible either normally. Using flash on the camera revealed a lot of things.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Atomsk... how is that Pelican arcade stick? I saw one in Best Buy today but the only thing they had it hooked up to was Namco Museum
-_-

How is it for fighters? The onlything I didn't really like about it was how the buttons were on an angle... but then again I didn't exactly have the best game to try it out on.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
You use water to clean your TV screen? :O

I cant take a pic, but my setup:

-Jet Black Gamecube with 3 controllers(black) and 1 WaveBird Controller
-Limited edition Halo Xbox with one controller
-Sony 34" Widescreen Wega HDTV
-Panasonic DVD Player

All of this on my TV stand(came with TV)

And my PC is to the left of the TV.

Not much clutter. All my games that I play currently(not much) are placed neatly in a DVD rack with my movies, while the rest are packed away.

Beige carpet.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Mr_Furious said:
WTF? Plz post a pic. I've gotta see what a room devoted to light gun games looks like.

Heh. There's not much to see, really. Just a handful of consoles, a few games and a few lightguns next to a small (by my standards) TV (which is actually broken at the moment, leaving me with nowhere to play lightgun games...) It's actually mostly used as a painting room. One of these days I will get me a proper light gun room, though I'll need an extra Saturn for that...

atomsk

Party Pooper
JC10001 said:
Atomsk... how is that Pelican arcade stick? I saw one in Best Buy today but the only thing they had it hooked up to was Namco Museum
-_-

How is it for fighters? The onlything I didn't really like about it was how the buttons were on an angle... but then again I didn't exactly have the best game to try it out on.

it's decent on SC2 (which is pretty much what i bought it for)... but the Hori stick is loads better. heh

props to Bebpo on having FLCL shot glasses. they rock!

Top Bottom