• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predator 5 Will Focus On Native Woman who “goes against gender norms"

brap

Banned
On Friday, we learned that 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg will take the helm of the next Predator movie. It sounds like some sort of surprise announcement was originally planned, and it's possible we weren't supposed to know it was a Predator movie until we were actually watching it!

Last December, it was reported that Trachtenberg was developing a movie for 20th Century Studios called Skulls which was written by Patrick Aison and set to be produced by longtime Predator franchise producer John Davis. At the time, it was said that, "'Skulls' will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior."

Now, AVP Galaxy is reporting that the two projects are indeed one and the same.

Apparently, "Predator 5 will be set in the past (finally!) where it will focus around Native Americans before the territories were taken by the American settlers, featuring a First Nations cast."

Remember, it doesn't matter what they do, only that they control it, and establish the new normal for a generation of impressionable younglings, at which point the virus duplicates itself without any effort. Laughing at them, memeing them, does not defeat them, it's just free PR.

brap

Banned
So, like Mulan ? I blame the Chinese for starting that trend 1500 years ago. The French didn't help with that Joan of Arc medieval wokeness.
Of course one can't keep Herodotus off the hook after all his Amazon stories...
Complete trash tbh. I remember Mulan with her half shaved head talking about how she don't need no man.

Alx

that is actually retarded lmao

they gonna fight predators with spears and tomahawks lmao

That's more or less how Dutch killed the Predator in the first movie.
d6d91570c53bb0c1c6937ed405711e5c.jpg

mcz117chief

So, like Mulan?
Mulan never wanted to be a warrior, just a good wife. She wanted to save her ailing father so she pretended to be a man but when it came to actual combat she was no match for men so she had to use subterfuge and superior tactics to win. So she never became a she-hulk like most people think. At least this is how it went down in the classic Disney Mulan.

All these new movies are about "hurr hurr, women = men! I got big muscle!", pathetic.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

so you want to bury a great sci-fiction franchise with stupid female propaganda?

It doesnt even makes sense...
I implore you, don't watch the 4th one. It quite honestly can't be worse than that. I have never seen a more disjointed movie in my life. The story turns completely ass-backwards multiple times during the movie, like if there were 3 completely different scripts and during each scene they randomly picked which one to use. Most of the movie makes no sense because of it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Can you imagine if they made a sci-if film with a strong female lead and a racially diverse cast. Not only that they made a sequel dealing with issues such as motherhood with another racially diverse cast with a few strong female leads.

plus it took a stab a cooperate greed and how man is inhumain to fellow man.

But then they lose sight of what made the the first two films excellent so tried to make two sequels one admittedly not so bad but plagued by production problems. Then they decided to make some prequels and started extending the universe of the film but make it rated for a wider audience.

what kind of madness would that be ?

can you imagine ?!?,

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Predator in the past always had the potential to be cool. One of the coolest details of the first 2 movies was when Danny Glover was gifted the Civil War gun.

Could be cool, but the franchise has been B-tier for a very long time now.

Kimahri

Banned
I mean, isolated it sounds cool. Predator and natives duking it out. I'd watch that. If they'd just said, "comache woman has to fight predator" then I'd be like "hell yeah".

But then go and spoil it all by "bla bla gender norms".

How about you don't fucking talk about gender norms. How about you don't make an explicit point out of how women don't fight, but THIS ONE DOES. How about just letting the story unfold without beating us over the head with how we're supposed to percieve it?

Imagine if Alien and Terminator had been promoted like this?

These idiots who claim so hard to be feminists are the worst of all, always with the women are weak, but not the one me, a man, wrote! Ha HAA!

Breakage

Sounds like more diversity propaganda for the masses to consume.

Barely watch new films anyway. Last one I saw was BR2049. Surprisingly, it doesn''t have any of the identity-driven stuff you now see in modern films and TV shows.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Let me be a nerd for a minute and say that I've read a fair amount of Predator books. The Alien vs Predator books specifically. Yes, those exist. And one of the main protagonists in these books is an Asian woman. It's a little different though because she actually allies herself with one of them and becomes one. I'd love to see that myself. I doubt we will though.

Also, the movies have been shit since Predator 2 so my hopes are low, to begin with.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I implore you, don't watch the 4th one. It quite honestly can't be worse than that. I have never seen a more disjointed movie in my life. The story turns completely ass-backwards multiple times during the movie, like if there were 3 completely different scripts and during each scene they randomly picked which one to use. Most of the movie makes no sense because of it.

I call the last one "Idiots vs. Predator" and my friends and i laughed quite good.

First of the joke
Second of the horrible screen cuts

It was the first step to kill the franchise off depending on what would they do next.... but now its the final nail in the coffin with the next movie that will come out.

They have to go back to good ol sci-fiction alien hack and slay not to political women propaganda that wont find any fans in its genre

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I call the last one "Idiots vs. Predator" and my friends and i laughed quite good.
I watched it in Nagasaki when it came out and the theater was dead fucking silent the whole way through. I think even the jokes were terribly unfunny. Glad you could find at least SOMETHING positive about the experience.

Last edited:

Dazrael

i feel like predator belongs in a jungle at all times or else its not predator

Predator works in environments that are hot, such as Predator 2 being set in a heatwave as the Predator was attracted to heat and warfare. The heat adds to the tension of his presence, it was a great accumulator for atmosphere. But then AVP came along and had them cavorting around in Antarctica and took all that tension away.

Spaceman292

Banned
Now I'm gonna tell you something extraordinary. I liked AvP 2 :p The unrated version is actually quite hilarious. I watched it twice already and I enjoyed the bizarre atmosphere and attitude that the movie has. Its like a fever dream.
I never actually saw the second one. I assume it's a masterpiece.

Calcium

Banned
I really thought they'd cool it for a while with this shit post pandemic. Are they really in a position to piss away money by catering to these people?

Nah, Dutch got LUCKY. His whole squad got wiped out kitted out with all kinda of gear. He fell in mud and managed to turn the fight around, and even then he still got his ass whooped, and had a once in a life turnaround at the end of the fight.

That's true to an extent, he did get lucky with the mud. Dutch did get his ass whooped in a straight one on one fight but in the end he was able to out smart the predator with the tree trap. Granted the predator probably could've killed Dutch with ease and got a little too cocky but ultimately Dutch's improvising of the traps is what got him the W.

I have faith in Trachtenberg to make something good of this. He's shown he's got the chops with 10 CL and his episode of Black Mirror.

Having said that, just let the fucking franchise die already lol. Like Terminator, most of the sequels have been trash.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I have faith in Trachtenberg to make something good of this. He's shown he's got the chops with 10 CL and his episode of Black Mirror.

Having said that, just let the fucking franchise die already lol. Like Terminator, most of the sequels have been trash.
Yep. Let them live on in comic books and video games. Like they have been. No more shit movies.

I swear to God. The people in charge of movie studios must be retarded. Do they really think the people (men) who want to watch Predator movies are going to be interested in this shit?

Last edited:
Top Bottom