• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
There's literally zero games out right now or coming in the near future I would consider buying a PS5 Pro for.

I mean, just being able to play FF16 at a non blur-o-vision res at 60fps, Alan Wake 2 at a proper res without the fooked up FSR shit-a-thon of an image quality, Robocop also at a proper res and framerate, Helldivers 2 at above 1080p and Dragon's dogma 2 at a non 31 cinematic® fps could be considered a win brother.

Then, you also have Death stranding 2 and GTA6 coming so...😉

Cheers

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I mean, just to be able to play FF16 at a non blur-o-vision res at 60fps, Alan Wake 2 at a proper res without the fooked up FSR shit-a-thon of an image quality, Robocop also at a proper res and framerate and Helldivers 2 above 1080p and Dragon's dogma 2 at above 31 cinematic® fps could be considered a win brother 😉
Consider myself a winner anyways, but thanks for the confirmation.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
Give I Want One GIF
Futurama Buy GIF
All In Crypto GIF

Bojji

2-4x faster in ray tracing I think.

Some other videos also say 300TOPs of dedicated machine learning acceleration.

No cpu improvement? Many people are saying itll take 40ish fps games to 60fps.

And btw, DLSS like upscaling means its more like 40-50TF than 30TF

It's still Zen 2 with zen 2 issues (like segmented cache), upgrading clock won't make it much better just like jaguar with speed up didn't make much difference in PS4 pro.

With 300 and 400 dollars graphics cards you won't get past 1080p and will run out of VRAM

LOL

That's not remotely true. The 7700xt averages about 60-70fps with maxed out modern AAA games at native 1440p, depending on ray tracing features and such.

Which makes sense, as we aren't going to see AAA native 4k/60 games with PS5 Pro. You're going to see games internally rendered at 1440p or sub 1440p resolutions, AI/ML upscaled to approximate 4k.

Last edited:

Quantum253

That would be tragic. The PS4 Pro was $400 at launch.
Sony already said they wouldn't lower the price of the ps5 ( very low profit it at all) and a almost 50% jump in performance is going to cost more than 100. Maybe 599 to 649 but I'm thinking this is for a small group of consumers who want the absolute highest performance available and will drop the cash to have it.

Generic

Sony already said they wouldn't lower the price of the ps5 ( very low profit it at all) and a almost 50% jump in performance is going to cost more than 100. Maybe 599 to 649 but I'm thinking this is for a small group of consumers who want the absolute highest performance available and will drop the cash to have it.
Well, Sony used to subsidize consoles. Even Nintendo did it sometimes.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
If true, I believe that a journalist is the one that sent him the leak, they have likely been sitting on it for months but couldn't leak themselves so have used the fake leaker to do it for them.

I still doubt it as MLID is a bullshit peddler.

For people squawking about there not being any new major game to release with this, I'm growing so weary of the disingenuous discord here.

It doesn't need a new game, it needs games that will support it at launch whether they are new or not.

People like to pretend like they've purchased and played every game that has ever released. It's why they pretend like they're so angry about remakes of games they never played.

Sony has Until Dawn coming out this year and I'm sure it'll support the PS5 Pro among other titles like Concord. There are a litany of games Sony can update to support PS5 Pro and if you're going to pretend like these games don't matter, why would one more game matter?

Everyone has a huge back catalog of games and those games are going to be better on PS5 Pro most likely.

Top Bottom