• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake II Remastered has been rated in Korea

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated the unannounced Quake II Remastered.

Back in 2021, the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea rated the remastered version of the original Quake ahead of its official announcement at QuakeCon 2021. This year’s QuakeCon, if Quake II Remastered is planned to be announced there, will run from August 10 to 13 in Grapevine, Texas.

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/quake-ii-remastered-rated-in-korea

xzfO2ei.png

There is a Quake 1 RTX mod from the same dude who made Half-Life RTX. I don´t know if you can use the mod with the Remaster Version though.

I used the Quake given away on Epic a while back that I assume is the remastered version (has controller support etc) and it worked with the raytracing mod fine as it only requires you to copy some data files

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Quake 2 is…middling. I grew up playing it so not biased against it. But having recently replayed it, it simply doesn’t hold up nearly as well as Doom, the Build Engine games, or even the original Quake. Its single best feature is introducing the Rail Gun. Beyond that you have a bog standard fps with boring levels & boring enemies. And I dare not even compare it to Half-Life & Unreal which came out a year later lol

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I played Yamagi engine Q2 and all they need to do is use that engine abd youll be gold, i would have said KMQuake2, but that game broke on me in multiple instances.

MiguelItUp

Absolutely love Quake 2. It was my first real PC game experience as it was my first exposure to custom models, skins, sound packs, and full on mods. Joined a clan for the first time and won matches on Heat.net, and I played it for several years. I loved it so much.

Really excited about this.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Quake 2 is…middling. I grew up playing it so not biased against it. But having recently replayed it, it simply doesn’t hold up nearly as well as Doom, the Build Engine games, or even the original Quake. Its single best feature is introducing the Rail Gun. Beyond that you have a bog standard fps with boring levels & boring enemies. And I dare not even compare it to Half-Life & Unreal which came out a year later lol

I only have ever played deathmatch which was amazing at the time. Always been meaning to try the campaign.

MiguelItUp

I only have ever played deathmatch which was amazing at the time. Always been meaning to try the campaign.
The multiplayer was most certainly the strongest feature IMO. The campaign had some ups and downs, kind of a weird flow too. But it's still worth checking out IMO.

Fake

I hate Quake 2, but ND did a good job with recent Quake, so for people who like the game you can trust ND to do the remaster.

Sethbacca

I need someone to remaster the Action Quake 2 mod. Bring back that pre CounterStrike goodness.

Last edited:
I think the best feature was the connected levels with realistic objectives a full year before Half-Life. That and the coloured lighting which was only available for a few people.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Quake II RTX was pretty incredible - and it's free, sans the cost of the game itself (it goes a few bucks often) - so I'll be curious to see what the remaster has to offer. Solid shooter, well worth revisiting.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Neat. I may be in the minority here but when it comes to the Quake series, I actually prefer Quake II. It's more like a personal preference, though.

I hope that it also comes with a new mission pack, like the first Quake's remaster did.

I’m wondering if this will be free for existing owners like it was for Quake 1, along with free content. And community content added to an in-game add-on browser like with Quake, Ultimate Doom, and Doom II.

Man… Say what you will about Bethesda but the last few years they have been treating ID’s old properties and their owners amazingly.

JPSLotus97T

Quake 2 CTF was god tier back in the late 90s. Using the grappling hook to get around the maps was tons of fun. Plus destroying broadband players while I was still on dial-up was awesome because they would get so aggravated. There was a point where I was playing CTF 14 hours a day. Ah to be young and have no responsibilities.

simpatico

i tried the Q1 remaster and it feels weird. Been decades since I played the original so maybe I'm just misremembering. Or just too spoiled by moderns boomers with more refinement to the Quake formula.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
You and SF Kosmo SF Kosmo

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

While technically out of date, it's still one of the best FPS games.
It was worse than its predecessor in almost every way. Probably my least favorite id Software FPS. What makes it good?

I mean the tech was good. Colored lights and semi-intetconnected maps and stuff laid the basis for Half Life and all that. But it was a pretty dull game.

Last edited:

badblue

It was worse than its predecessor in almost every way. Probably my least favorite id Software FPS. What makes it good?

I mean the tech was good. Colored lights and semi-intetconnected maps and stuff laid the basis for Half Life and all that. But it was a pretty dull game.
Subjective taste.

Top Bottom