• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Quake II Remaster Announcement is imminent

Hudo

From the Hexen T-shirt Phil Spencer was wearing during the Xbox show, I’m gonna assume they’re working on Hexen.
That was quite recently, though, right? I mean it's been a while since Doom Eternal released and I don't think they've started to work on Hexen long before the actual acquisition. Maybe Raven Software are now free to work on Hexen.

Quake 4 isn't even Quake. More of a cash in using Doom 3 tech. Feels nothing like Quake, plays nothing like Quake, and doesn't even use classic Quake visual themes. Everyone talks about the Strog scene, but ask yourself, is it worth slogging through 5 hours of a very mid, slow and sluggish shooter for one cool cut scene? It's 100% a console shooter in terms of structure and gameplay. If it was called Alien Warz, no one would even remember it.
Continues on the story from Quake 2 and plays close to the second game than the first and third, and what "visual themes" are you talking about when it's the same Strogg setting? The campaign was alright and had some cool action set pieces and lighting, though it is a console shooter in the sense because of the slower-paced multiplayer. To me on the whole it was a solid package and I prefer it to Quake 2's tedious backtracking in the later sections of the campaign.

Top Bottom