• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

ManaByte

and also covering up for her paedo son

Animated GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The UK is going to get a king no one wants while the perfect one is staring them in their face. But, again, it won't be a long reign like Elizabeth's was.

Maybe not. Charles could abdicate and pass it on to William. Although it would be unprecedented, it would be the more popular choice. I think Charles knows this, but I personally don't think he'd give up the crown.

Thaedolus

Hope she pulls through, but it's not looking good.

I am a absolute royalist, so it's a sad day for me.
As an American, my ancestral origin story is fighting off the shackles of the monarchy, but anyone would be hard pressed to say Queen Elizabeth hasn’t led the hell out of the UK through enormously difficult times during her tenure.

I’ll refrain from making a comparison of her fortitude to male leaders which would be too crass at this time.

Davesky

My dad passed away recently having just achieved his 20 year sobriety. If the Queen does pass she will have made it 70 years exactly on the throne. It’s amazing what the human mind and body is capable off when it truly wants something.

Saiyan-Rox

Honestly it doesn't matter who replaces her

The royals don't have any power anymore they're basically just celebraties who just visit places.

Thought she was on the mend, and was doing pretty well for her age. Always thought she would hit the big 100.
I just did a silent prayer about 30 minutes ago, and wished that she somehow found the strength to live until 100.

I want her to go to God or the universe and say: not yet, I still need 4 more years.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Basically. Dancing on her grave with citing bullshit she never did. It's like when Billy Graham died. They had to nuke the thread due to the grave dancing on a "televangelist", which isn't what he was.
God that fucking place. I wish when we were all getting excited about him selling up they'd have just shuttered the place but there you go.

Tams

We knew this was coming, but it still all feels so very strange. She's been a strong constant of the UK for my entire life, and even most of my parents'.

I hope she is/was comfortable and gets/got to see everyone she wants/wanted to.

Nico_D

Maybe monarchy should go with her? But Google tells me ~60% of polled wants monarchy to continue.

But it is certainly an end of a very long era when she dies. Now or at a later date.

Nico_D

Good question.

Personally I don't see it being this day how one family lives a luxurious life, government paid, while there are a lot of people who barely hang on.

To me monarchies seem a perfect demonstration of entitlement and how unfair life is depending who you born as. Sure, their lives haven't been easy but neither is regular peoples lives and they aren't able to drop it all and go to Africa or some manor to take a breather.

Monarchy may bring tourists, but I've been three times there and none of those times was to see Buckingham Palace or anything related to it. I went to see theater. So maybe the have done good studies and can demonstrate how monarchy brings in more than it spends but I'm not too sure about that.

YCoCg

She's got a legacy as one of the longest surviving monarchs, it'd be a shame if she's died but it has to be expected. The downside is that whoever is up next just doesn't have that status and image, plus there's the fallout of things like Andrew losing his protection which will be dragged through the media as well.

Saiyan-Rox

I have nothing but pity for those people. It must be a horrible life to live, being so full of hate. I hope they find happiness.
It's odd how a forum so famous for being inclusive and for everyone and yet bans people for the slightest thing can allow a thread full of such hate.

Guess it the Queen was trans it would be different

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's odd how a forum so famous for being inclusive and for everyone and yet bans people for the slightest thing can allow a thread full of such hate.

Guess it the Queen was trans it would be different
Their ideology isn’t one of inclusivity though. If you don’t adhere to their beliefs you are subhuman in their mind.

Gp1

Maybe not. Charles could abdicate and pass it on to William. Although it would be unprecedented, it would be the more popular choice. I think Charles knows this, but I personally don't think he'd give up the crown.

Didn't Elizabeth's uncle resigned in favor of her father?
I watched the movie :)

I'm an old person, the only queen is Elizabeth and the only pope is John Paul II.

Top Bottom